User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
You're right. We have seen that his administration completely lacks accountablility, which would seem to be one of the holdovers from his other life. Part of having a successful recovery is being accountable for your behavior.
Damn skippy!

I think that's this admins true calling: passing the buck.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Can someone help me?

Quote:
Paul Wellstone (dead), John Kerry, Wesley Clark, John McCain...there are some men in white hats left.
Don't forget Braun and Kucinich.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Can someone help me?

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
John Heinz...the senator that died and was replaced by Santorum in PA would have made a great presidential candidate...he was a good man. They said he was in line for the Republican nomination....

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What did you want him to do? Drown in the car with her or go get help?
Well, while he was getting help, it did take him time to go back the compund, get his lawyers, . . .

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're having a discussion where some may not like to participate or agree with (as Rob never does!), so if you don't, there's no need to pop in and complain about what's being posted. Leave well enough alone.
Hey!! That's not fair!! We agreed on the fast food thing!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You must be confused, then. I was hoping to point out that he lied on all points about what happened. Maybe it isn't a big deal to you, but it is to me. He lied about how it was handled, whether or not he went to court, whether his license had been suspended, whether or not he had someone post bond, etc. Moreover, he tried to have it covered up in the early nineties to protect his public persona. And I don't know about you, but it isn't normal for the defendant to request AND receive two continuances in this kind of thing. I'm not asserting that ANY of the procedures are bad or wrong, I'm asserting that the cover-up and lies about it are wrong.

Someone needs to read my post again.
I know I know - I got the lying part. I was also just responding to the "Bush got a DUI -and was a drug addict/alcoholic - therefore he is the devil" vibe is was getting

Also, people, esp. people in power, get many more than two continuances all of the time, esp. in a smaller jurisdiction where they do not live all of the time. Trust me on that.

So, yes, I agree if this was a cover up and he obstructed justice, which no evidence supports, then that is wrong.

As for the lying about when it was handled, that was a long time ago. So, I give the guy a break if he said that.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-08-2004 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Hey!! That's not fair!! We agreed on the fast food thing!

Rob
Would you like fries with that . . . .

Old 01-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I will make a note...

to miss it as I hate both of these guys...Maher moreso than even O'Reilly!!!

Brian "The only good politicians are the Dead politicians!" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Can someone help me?

Quote:
Sorry I was in a hurry. I like John Edwards and my own congresswoman, Diana DeGette too.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unfortunately I think a good amount (I hate to say "all") of the politicians on both sides of the fence, are corrupt and shady... the only trouble I have is the fact that Clinton was raked over the coals for every single thing he did, and yet the not-just-a-few things that Bush has done are continually brushed off.

I'm 31 years old, and if I were arrested for drunk-driving at this age, there's no way in hell anyone would believe it was a "youthful indescretion."
If you don't know right from wrong by the time you're in your 30s, then there's a problem there.

And it just seems fishy to me that it's just one more thing that we're all supposed to just forget about... but Bill Clinton putting a joint to his lips in college, was a horrible, horrible thing, and proof that he didn't have the strength of character to be President.

You all know my pet-peeve about double-standards...!

But it would have been interesting if Dubya had actually been the first "boomer" president, and Clinton hadn't been there first to sort of "pave the way"... almost like a first-born child does.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-09-2004 at 12:02 AM..
Old 01-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
And it just seems fishy to me that it's just one more thing that we're all supposed to just forget about... but Bill Clinton putting a joint to his lips in college, was a horrible, horrible thing, and proof that he didn't have the strength of character to be President.

Well I guess that means that 75% of the people I went to college with will never be president!

There are worse things in life....

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I know I know - I got the lying part. I was also just responding to the "Bush got a DUI -and was a drug addict/alcoholic - therefore he is the devil" vibe is was getting

Also, people, esp. people in power, get many more than two continuances all of the time, esp. in a smaller jurisdiction where they do not live all of the time. Trust me on that.

So, yes, I agree if this was a cover up and he obstructed justice, which no evidence supports, then that is wrong.

As for the lying about when it was handled, that was a long time ago. So, I give the guy a break if he said that.
Was the tone of my post THAT obvious?!

He hasn't just lied once or twice about it, he's made a habit of lying about it. He went so far as to change his drivers license number AND he failed to make note of it when he had jury duty and was required by law to disclose it. He doesn't get any special privileges on that avenue, doll.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Well I guess that means that 75% of the people I went to college with will never be president!

There are worse things in life....
I guess I could be president if I wanted to... I've never so much as smoked a cigarette (let alone pot), I've never taken an illegal drug of any kind, and I've never driven while drunk. In fact, I've never even been drunk.

I thoroughly agree that there are worse things in life... that Clinton once found himself holding a joint (if that's all he did with it) was never something that I personally had a problem with.

My problem is with the conservatives and Republicans who did make an issue out of it, while now turning a blind-eye to various things Dubya has done, that are... in my opinion... much worse.
And that's not some kind of liberal bias... I feel that it's VERY wrong to drive while intoxicated. I don't care if "everyone has done it," or not... it's irresponsible to risk the lives of other people, simply because you don't know when to say "when."
Old 01-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I could be president if I wanted to... I've never so much as smoked a cigarette (let alone pot), I've never taken an illegal drug of any kind, and I've never driven while drunk. In fact, I've never even been drunk.

I thoroughly agree that there are worse things in life... that Clinton once found himself holding a joint (if that's all he did with it) was never something that I personally had a problem with.

My problem is with the conservatives and Republicans who did make an issue out of it, while now turning a blind-eye to various things Dubya has done, that are... in my opinion... much worse.
And that's not some kind of liberal bias... I feel that it's VERY wrong to drive while intoxicated. I don't care if "everyone has done it," or not... it's irresponsible to risk the lives of other people, simply because you don't know when to say "when."
First of all Johnny - have a cosmo - once you do THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!!!!!

I was not saying someone should drive while drunk - they should not - take a cab for goodness sake or don't drink - that is what I do. Moreover, I submit if you can afford a cocktail - you can afford a cab.

What I am saying is "drunk" is a legal term, which usually means one, perhaps two drinks/beer/wine/whatever. If someone drinks alcohol, the odds are they have driven over the legal limit because in some states one drink can put you over the limit. So, if someone does that they are breaking the law just like W did. Yet, people think if they do not get caught, they are not breaking the law. That is just wrong to me.

Also, I think W commenting in his 50's on something that happened in his early 30's was the source for the term "youthful." I do not think he was saying he was 18 at the time, esp. when his age was published.

Finally, I say that if people did not want Clinton judged for the fellatio (obstruction issues aside) and/or pot smoking (but no inhaling ), both of which were crimes, then why is it right to bring up W's past problem with alcohol and drugs and/or his DUI (obstruction issues aside). Yet, human nature is not like that and we all do it. Certainly, it has been done in this thread by "both sides."

Right or wrong - people love dirt and are holier than thou about it.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-10-2004 at 02:08 PM..
Old 01-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Agreed. I look at it this way...alcohol has been responsilbe for more deaths then any drug (unless you count nicotine). What has pot been responsible for?? Increased orders at the local pizza shop?

I say legalize pot. Control it and tax it like cigarettes.

Rob

- Dennis Miller