The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a forum for fans of the Rumours lineup. I have zero interest in the new Post-Rumours lineup. Yes, I'm upset at how the Rumours lineup was flushed down the sh!tter and don't appreciate people posting here and gushing over the other guys.

I never go into the Pre-Rumours forum making comments and posting videos about Lindsey and Stevie and would understand if fans of the Pre-Rumours lineups would be p!ssed about anyone doing so.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is not the typical band replacing guitarist situation. C'mon now these guys have one more tour in them. At this point in their career they could not even give us a last album. Its awkward to fire a guitarist and bring in 2 more just for a goodbye tour. C'mon now. You could not suck it up for one last tour. Ok maybe not start until 2019 but it needs to be rushed 6 months so new members are brought in.
All seems rather silly to me. If this was 1987 then you could look forward to new music and tours. It could be a new beginning. Just to hire these guys to fill the shoes of the goodbye tour gets under my skin. Nothing personal against them. Its just foolish. Please don't waste your time with hoping for new music, an album or another tour after this one.
I will eat my show live on camera on a live feed for all of you to see if any of that happens.
Ain't gonna happen.
Its sad but they have turned into a cover band of themselves.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-12-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
This is a forum for fans of the Rumours lineup. I have zero interest in the new Post-Rumours lineup. Yes, I'm upset at how the Rumours lineup was flushed down the sh!tter and don't appreciate people posting here and gushing over the other guys.

I never go into the Pre-Rumours forum making comments and posting videos about Lindsey and Stevie and would understand if fans of the Pre-Rumours lineups would be p!ssed about anyone doing so.
The mods have already decided that it’s okay to talk about the current lineup on this forum. Sorry.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There is a chance that a Rumours thread could occasionally mention one of the dreaded new members. If that bothers you, feel free to block the folks who post such heinous videos.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its awkward to fire a guitarist and bring in 2 more just for a goodbye tour.
It’s never been referred to as a farewell or goodbye tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You are dreaming
The tour will go through 2019-2020. You really think Fleetwood mac is going to tour again 2022 and beyond? The most optimistic person about the band was Lindsey and they fired him. Both Mick and John implied over a year ago... one last time. Of course they cant say that now. That was the entire point I was making. Its laughable. Its a joke. After all the band's been through they could not suck it up for one last tour and go out on top? Christine has limited play now, what about 2022? John just got over cancer. Its a goodbye tour but they cant say that trying to fool everyone.
Dream on silly dreamer.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think we all can see it for the sort of tour it will be.

Divided camps may add their interpreted response.

I'll just add that it is a crying, crying shame. But my expectations of some of the characters in that band had been lowered substantially since the late 80's already so I really don't know why I am so shocked to find them where it all ended up.

I just hate waste, and injustice. I'll admit it.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly. Whether the powers that be decide that POST Rumours posts go here or in the POST Rumours forum, I really don't give a sh*t. HOWEVER, this IS the RUMOURS forum. That IS Lindsey Buckingham on guitar. NOT Crowded Petty. So Sugar Mick better be able to take the heat, if she wants to keep talking about Crowded Petty.

And honestly, if that stuff was moved to Post Rumours, I'll bet 90% of the arguing would be over.

WE DON'T WANT CROWDED PETTY SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, my disappointment is not about the importance of Stevie versus Lindsey. Collectively, Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie were a force to watch. Maybe it was the drama of their past relationships, and maybe it was all fake. Who knows, and I don't really care, but it worked. That's what saddens me most about this current situation. I will hold out beyond all hope they will figure it out and preserve the legacy and history of this lineup and give us one more tour. Who knows, FM in it's current state may go on to do even greater things? My unhappiness at the current situation has nothing to do with the talents of Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and everything to do with all 5 of the Rumours 5. None of them are more important than the other, but collectively, they were AMAZING. That's what I am most sad about.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. Whether the powers that be decide that POST Rumours posts go here or in the POST Rumours forum, I really don't give a sh*t. HOWEVER, this IS the RUMOURS forum. That IS Lindsey Buckingham on guitar. NOT Crowded Petty. So Sugar Mick better be able to take the heat, if she wants to keep talking about Crowded Petty.

And honestly, if that stuff was moved to Post Rumours, I'll bet 90% of the arguing would be over.

WE DON'T WANT CROWDED PETTY SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS.
Hear, hear. Keep those men away from the firefly-five nostalgia-forum that we have going here. For the love of Pete. Let us lament and reminisce in peace, and go take that new incarnation to the post rumours section. It's common sense, no matter what " .. but, but moderators said.." arguments you try to pitch.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Hear, hear. Keep those men away from the firefly-five nostalgia-forum that we have going here. For the love of Pete. Let us lament and reminisce in peace, and go take that new incarnation to the post rumours section. It's common sense, no matter what " .. but, but moderators said.." arguments you try to pitch.
Exactly - especially in a thread on the "Importance of Stevie versus Lindsey" within the Rumours forum, the last thing I want to wade through is crap about "Neil".

Old 06-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
For me, my disappointment is not about the importance of Stevie versus Lindsey. Collectively, Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie were a force to watch. Maybe it was the drama of their past relationships, and maybe it was all fake. Who knows, and I don't really care, but it worked. That's what saddens me most about this current situation. I will hold out beyond all hope they will figure it out and preserve the legacy and history of this lineup and give us one more tour. Who knows, FM in it's current state may go on to do even greater things? My unhappiness at the current situation has nothing to do with the talents of Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and everything to do with all 5 of the Rumours 5. None of them are more important than the other, but collectively, they were AMAZING. That's what I am most sad about.
They had a magic. Really, it's like what KB said in her Instagram post. Lightning struck with that lineup of people. The different personalities, the different tastes, the tensions between them, it really was that golden combination. The stars aligned.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yes, and isn't that in itself terribly sad.
Absolutely, it's terribly sad. I feel no less sickened by the whole thing as I did the day it was confirmed and I am wishing for the day where it no longer bothers me but it doesn't feel like it will disappear
Old 06-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Absolutely, it's terribly sad. I feel no less sickened by the whole thing as I did the day it was confirmed and I am wishing for the day where it no longer bothers me but it doesn't feel like it will disappear
Me too---it hasn't happened yet
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I hear you 100%. I feel the disappointment and sadness when thinking about these 5 may never end. And the surprise because of the happiness they used to bring me. All the memories of a lifetime wrapped up into 5 people who made music that was the backdrop to my life......sigh.