User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Nope. I'm just a huge FM fan and a huge Neil Finn fan. I'm very sad to see Lindsey part with Fleetwood Mac but excited to see the new direction of the band. Excited to see my favorite songwriter join one of my favorite bands.
I do hope that you enjoy the show. Really, I do.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sugar Mouse obviously has in depth knowledge about and appreciation for both acts. I think that knowledge is very helpful on this forum.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Sugar Mouse obviously has in depth knowledge about and appreciation for both acts. I think that knowledge is very helpful on this forum.
Sugar Mouse (or anyone else) please show me a recent video where Mike Campbell does not look like an unwashed, wrecked granddad with guitar player delusions who embarrasses himself in front of an audience while somebody holds his 12th beer. Because, I just can't seem to find anything but that.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He won't bring the same amount of energy, that's for sure. And that's not something bad to say about the guy. He's not Lindsey, that's all.
Anyway, I don't think he will stay much longer with the band other than the end of the US tour.
He definitely won't bring the energy, no doubt. He's a mellow, chilled guy....he certainly doesn't walk around the stage, he's a totally different musician. There's not really any guitar players over 60 that come close to having LBs stage presence and stamina
Old 05-25-2018, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Nope. I'm just a huge FM fan and a huge Neil Finn fan. I'm very sad to see Lindsey part with Fleetwood Mac but excited to see the new direction of the band. Excited to see my favorite songwriter join one of my favorite bands.
Sugar Mouse, so am I - a huge fan of both. Split Enz, Crowded House, Neil Finn and the Finn brother's music are engrained into our lives here and part of our national pride and cultural heritage.
HOWEVER, whilst I don't begrudge Neil for accepting this gig as he's hugely talented, I am hurt that members of FM have meant that this vacancy in the band even occurred in the first place. I just don't think it's going to work, nor to be honest would it, in my opinion, with ANY Lindsey substitutes. No one can replace Lindsey or even with two new musicians replicate his sound or amazing stage presence. It's an insult. And if they play Don't Dream it's over, that's even more cringy...sure it is the only song most Americans know....but as I can see you have an impressive and extensive knowledge of Neil's work, it's hardly his best song at all is it? It's an average mainstream, radio song.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I find it very ODD that you JUST joined the board... So you're Neil's wife, stalker, or something???
Hardly ODD at all is it? Clearly if you are a fan of both FM and Finn which so obviously Sugar Mouse is then you have double the reason to join and try to express your opinion to balance out the ignorance.
Different opinions are welcomed here I thought?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Different opinions are welcomed here I thought?
I've always believed that to be the case.

Quote:
I find it very ODD that you JUST joined the board... So you're Neil's wife, stalker, or something???
Can you please stop harassing people with other opinions than your own. We read endless amounts of your posts with your opinions, and those that agree with you. It's refreshing to have new people with other thoughts and opinions. If you value the ledge, you would understand how important it is to be inclusive to all voices and opinions on here, without attacking people for it. ​
Old 05-25-2018, 04:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm still in between about this. I don't even like comparing Neil Finn and Lindsey Buckingham. LB is probably my favourite guitarist of all time (but I know that he can be difficult, so I'm reserving judgment on what's happened). Neil Finn obviously isn't as good a player. But Mike Campbell is very well respected and on many lists of top guitar players of any era.

Last edited by Missy; 05-25-2018 at 04:47 AM..
Old 05-25-2018, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It will NOT be an FM show the die hards would expect. But don't worry "Don't dream it's NOT over" Stevie and Mick are here to save the day
I 100% agree- "it will NOT be a FM show the die hards would expect." That is one of the main reasons I'm really excited to see FM this year! It is definitely going to be a very different tour, perhaps even a once in a lifetime opportunity if it really is a farewell tour or if it bombs so badly they hang up their hats at the end. It could totally happen, we'll find out. But a show with Stevie, Christine, Neil, or Mike dull? I'm not worried about that at all. But missed cues, mistaken lyrics, Neil getting swatted in the eye by one of Stevie's fringe shawls because he's not used to her spinning like Lindsey is, these are all things that would actually be hilarious or welcomed, because it's like a new band, not the same stuff we've all seen a million times, live or on DVD or even vhs or beta LOL! Not that I want Neil to get poked in the eye, but you know what I mean.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
...missed cues, mistaken lyrics, Neil getting swatted in the eye by one of Stevie's fringe shawls because he's not used to her spinning like Lindsey is, these are all things that would actually be hilarious or welcomed...
I'll be sure to keep an eye for these lowlights on Youtube. I'm certainly not wasting my money on such tripe.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Can you please stop harassing people with other opinions than your own. We read endless amounts of your posts with your opinions, and those that agree with you. It's refreshing to have new people with other thoughts and opinions. If you value the ledge, you would understand how important it is to be inclusive to all voices and opinions on here, without attacking people for it. ​
Oh, shut up.

Of course other opinions are welcome. It's just odd that they weren't here until Neil was in the band.

No, not Crowded House. Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, shut up.

Of course other opinions are welcome. It's just odd that they weren't here until Neil was in the band.

Yup! Seems to be a Finn fan attempting to create some good will and new fans for him. I’ve seen a lot of posts about Neil as well as tons of Neil vids from this person, and nothing about FM or Lindsey other than claiming how he / she loves them. Kinda like many of us joined Campbell groups when the news were first breaking. From all their posts so far looks like this person is only here now because Neil who seems to be their favorite musician has now joined FM and this person goes wherever Neil goes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup! Seems to be a Finn fan attempting to create some good will and new fans for him. I’ve seen a lot of posts about Neil as well as tons of Neil vids from this person, and nothing about FM or Lindsey other than claiming how he / she loves them. Kinda like many of us joined Campbell groups when the news were first breaking. From all their posts so far looks like this person is only here now because Neil who seems to be their favorite musician has now joined FM and this person goes wherever Neil goes.
Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ledgies on the Rumours forum are interested in the Rumours lineup of the band. I couldn't care less about Finnwood Mike.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, shut up.

Oh shut up ????
Is that it?

I’ve been waiting for hours for your reply.
Waiting for a good old chuckle at your reply, I am deflated.
😂😂😂😂😂