User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, she's the one that fills arenas, and Lindsey will never quit, so if she didn't want to tour with him anymore, yeah, she got him fired.
She fills arenas with help from other headline acts. Does she draw more then the others? Yes. Are they just as or more talented then her? Yes. She has the looks, and the witchy persona....THAT'S the draw in my opinion. And also her songs. BTW I have been very annoyed with her (that's putting it mildly) but I still love a lot of her music and always will. Her recent personality transplant? Not so much.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I talked to my sister about this for an hour today. She came up with the novel idea that "Lindsey's out" was floated to gauge fan reaction before the band actually does anything. Maybe they don't have a replacement and wanted to see how much support there would be for Mike Campbell. Or maybe they wanted to know who fans would suggest as an appropriate replacement.
Oh, I'm sure they're reading fan reactions, but a bunch of people's reactions in fb, twitter, instagram and even here isn't exactly an indication of how the average audience is gonna react to a FM concert without Lindsey. I think they're still gonna fill arenas without Lindsey. Maybe the tickets will be cheaper.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Moz must be kin to Dr. Frankenstein.
He/she created life in The Ledge one
last time.

Right now I still don't believe this - but if true
at all, it could be a good thing. Lindsey finally
free of his chains.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No matter what Christine said, she was FURIOUS with BuckVie! She didn't want to do an album but she didn't want anybody to do it either.
You know this how?
Old 04-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of you folks are now blaming Stevie for something that probably isn't even true?? Unreal.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I talked to my sister about this for an hour today. She came up with the novel idea that "Lindsey's out" was floated to gauge fan reaction before the band actually does anything. Maybe they don't have a replacement and wanted to see how much support there would be for Mike Campbell. Or maybe they wanted to know who fans would suggest as an appropriate replacement.
That's too thought out for this band's management. Your sister is giving them too much credit.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
You know this how?
If you're happy about your bandmates' album, you say it yourself. You don't send your friend to talk about it. Considering she loves talking about Lindsey, wasn't a bit weird that she didn't give her opinion about their album?

Like BigAl84 said, BuckVie was a nail in her side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you're happy about your bandmates' album, you say it yourself. You don't send your friend to talk about it
I don't know what this is referring to.

Quote:
Considering she loves talking about Lindsey, wasn't a bit weird that she didn't give her opinion about their album?
Christine said Stevie was fine with what they were doing. Before it was released, Stevie said she was sure it was going to be great. I don't know what she thought after she heard it, but whether or not she liked it is no indication she was angry they made it. She has no reason to be mad....she could have been on it if she wanted to.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I don't know what this is referring to.

Christine said Stevie was fine with what they were doing. Before it was released, Stevie said she was sure it was going to be great. I don't know what she thought after she heard it, but whether or not she liked it is no indication she was angry they made it. She has no reason to be mad....she could have been on it if she wanted to.
Yeah, you answered your first part of my post with your second comment. I never heard Stevie talking about the album, only what Christine said she told her. Oh, yeah, she could have been there.... if Lindsey wasn't, because she doesn't want to work with him anymore.

Nail in her side.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here we go!! the blame game is flaring up again , we do not know the facts!! i just find some of these comments laughable, get a life you cant blame the same person every single time when something goes pear shaped in this band.. If this is even true the sh$t really hit the fan this time, so obviously Christine, Mick and John agreed and had no problem firing LB..

Anyway IF TRUE, its sad to think LB will no longer be apart of FM.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The next tour could be really boring. Mike Campbell is a great guitarist but he isn't the most dynamic of people. Lindsey owns the stage... he brings all the energy to a Fleetwood Mac show- really gives it his all.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Here we go!! the blame game is flaring up again , we do not know the facts!! i just find some of these comments laughable, get a life you cant blame the same person every single time when something goes pear shaped in this band.. If this is even true the sh$t really hit the fan this time, so obviously Christine, Mick and John agreed and had no problem firing LB..

Anyway IF TRUE, its sad to think LB will no longer be apart of FM.
honey, it's always Stevie's fault.
there's no fun for anyone on this board unless they're bitching about Stevie and all the ways she's wronged Lindsey and the band

{and you KNOW i'm all about Stevie, but if she had anything remotely to do with this, she's dead to me...coz that would be well and truly pathetic}
Old 04-09-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love London. Going to Paris, too!
Paris...one of my favourite places...
(If only the French weren’t there...no I jest)

The Left Bank, fabulous art museums, the Parthenon, the river..old boyfriend...aaaah
Have a wonderful time.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
you cant blame the same person every single time
This would be great for Stevie to hear.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The next tour could be really boring. Mike Campbell is a great guitarist but he isn't the most dynamic of people. Lindsey owns the stage... he brings all the energy to a Fleetwood Mac show- really gives it his all.
Heartbreakers fans are saying Mike Campbell is wasting his time with FM. Let’s be honest: John, Stevie and Christine are ghosts on stage. They don’t move. Lindsey brings all the energy on stage. Mike Campbell doesn’t sing so they will have to hire another singer. As always with Lindsey. I hope this new singer is as half as energetic as Lindsey because they will need to keep a two and a half hour show alive.