User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default Joe Walsh backstage Wild Heart tour

Here is a photo of Joe Walsh backstage at the Pittsburgh Civic arena, May 28, 1983 during the Wild Heart tour. In the photo is local radio DJ Chris DeCarlo who worked for WDVE at the time. Joe looks like the cat who swallowed the canary. I remember those pants....he wore them on stage too. He was interviewed on the radio before the show and he sounded really drunk. Joe put on a good show that night but Stevie mailed it in that night. She commented early in the show something was not quite right. Was she sick or bothered by something? The night before they played Philadelphia so I assume they stayed up and partied all night before the Pittsburgh gig. My theory is that Kim filed for divorce and confronted her on the phone. This was early in the Wild Heart tour but several weeks later was the Entertainment tonight interview where she talks about getting divorced on the road. This was about a month after the Pittsburgh gig. Only in Stevie's world do you get married, go on a honeymoon, and then hit the road with your boyfriend.
Also here is a clip of the DJ that is pictured with Joe. She was in Playboy magazine 3 years later and had left WDVE for K-Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgmjN-QfhJ4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5d7a9f03659e5cf6ede86cbf.jpg (61.1 KB, 106 views)
Old 12-27-2020, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember being at that concert. I was pretty far back. I was so excited to see Stevie. I had no idea about her and Joe, but yea, I wouldn't say the concert was that great. When I saw her again in Pittsburgh for the Rock a Little tour she wasn't much better. Those drug years were hard on her voice and personality.

I also loved DVE. Listened to it all the time before Sirrus XM came around. My husband still listens to DVE during Steeler games though.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-29-2020, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Intriguing! Her show in Philadelphia just prior was excellent so I agree, they probably did stay up all night after that.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did he sing “In the City” the nights I saw him at the Stevie show?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

though the way Stevie has always told the story, right up to and including her Oprah master class interview, was that she realized the marriage was a mistake and she told him it was over and he was pretty devastated. She told him "you THINK you love me, but you don't. And I don't love you. And it's a mistake" I always figured that's why things ended so badly and they had no connection for years and years and years til the kid was older and could meet her on his own.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
He opened his set with that song at the Irvine Meadows show.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
He opened his set with that song at the Irvine Meadows show.
Do you remember that, or you looked it up?

For probably 15 years after the Mirage tour, I could recite the set list, in order. Eventually, those brain cells went away.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you remember that, or you looked it up?

For probably 15 years after the Mirage tour, I could recite the set list, in order. Eventually, those brain cells went away.
I remember it ..he starting performing it as right as we took our seats. I have a memory that 10 solid years of guzzling bourbon since then has not diminished much. Now I just sip on some wine.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I remember it ..he starting performing it as right as we took our seats. I have a memory that 10 solid years of guzzling bourbon since then has not diminished much. Now I just sip on some wine.
I don't remember much of the show in Indy. It was oddly outdoors ON A TENNIS COURT. I sh*t you not. I've been to a hundred shows in Indy, and it's the only time I was at this place(I don't remember what it was called, but I'm sure I've got the stub somewhere).

I don't really remember anything Joe did, but I'm going to blame that on the fact I watch a TON of Eagles live DVD's, so hopefully that's the reason. I do remember Stevie's show, but not the song order or anything. I was underage, but I'm POSITIVE we were drinking, at least!

If I had my druthers, I'd be nothing but a red wine wino! But it hurts my gut if I do it too much, so I only have wine every couple of weeks. So I'm usually a six pack of beer, with a couple shots of bourbon guy, now. Just finished my first beer of the evening, right now. Cheers!
Old 02-19-2021, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, In the City was mid set. He opened with Life in the Fast lane. These were the shows when he had Marilyn Martin as backing vocals. She met and became friends with Stevie and soon she was also singing back up for her. His US Festival footage is excellent. He varied openers In the City vs Life in the Fast Lane. His Life in the Fast lane is played at warp speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxD...&start_radio=1

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-19-2021 at 07:23 AM..
Old 02-19-2021, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent! I just love that song. (The Warriors song, not the Fast Lane song.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com