User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?
He’s apparently still a legal part of the Partnership. The lawsuit, more than anything, is likely to clarify his status within the partnership, which is necessary given the lack of communication with the others. He may be entitled to some damages. We’ll likely never know, though.

Quote:
And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.
That’s an understatement!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mike produced Marty Stuart’s 2017 album “Way Out West.” Sounded great, and Marty seemed pleased with it.

Mike also did a lot of production work with Petty.
He also was a producer [and co-writer] of “Boys of Summer”. I find Don Henley super annoying but that song kills. Great guitar also.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."
Of course, that's what I meant but the Lindsey Ledgers will find a way to hate on anyone who doesn't speak their gospel. Truth isn't a big deal in their world.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Yes, technically he is. Did you read the Complaint? Major decisions were always done by unanimous vote.
That seems like it would only be possible if you equate one member finally relenting with a unanimous decision. Not making SYW a double album, taking Silver Springs off Rumours, not playing Stand Back on the last tour, the list goes on. I realize number 2 likely pre-dates the partnership, and number 3 is perhaps not a "major decision," but you see where I'm going. They're crazy if they expect anyone to think they do things unanimously.

Quote:
He’s apparently still a legal part of the Partnership. The lawsuit, more than anything, is likely to clarify his status within the partnership, which is necessary given the lack of communication with the others. He may be entitled to some damages. We’ll likely never know, though.
I understand he may be entitled to damages, but it's hard to imagine someone having to approve their own dismissal.....that's quite a partnership.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
That seems like it would only be possible if you equate one member finally relenting with a unanimous decision. Not making SYW a double album, taking Silver Springs off Rumours, not playing Stand Back on the last tour, the list goes on. I realize number 2 likely pre-dates the partnership, and number 3 is perhaps not a "major decision," but you see where I'm going. They're crazy if they expect anyone to think they do things unanimously.
I guess the real question is what constitutes a "major decision". Surely firing someone from the band would be considered a "major decision". Then it comes down to just cause for firing that member. Of course then the band wouldn't need the one being fired to consent. The just cause part has not been determined yet.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess the real question is what constitutes a "major decision". Surely firing someone from the band would be considered a "major decision". Then it comes down to just cause for firing that member. Of course then the band wouldn't need the one being fired to consent. The just cause part has not been determined yet.
Hence where the “take the money” comment comes into play. Minor? Depends on your perspective. But, publicly talking down a major festival series could constitute just cause because of the potential ill will the comment could create with promoters, making him a potential liability for the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hence where the “take the money” comment comes into play. Minor? Depends on your perspective. But, publicly talking down a major festival series could constitute just cause because of the potential ill will the comment could create with promoters, making him a potential liability for the band.
Seriously?! "Take the money" comment would seal Lindsey's fate? After all these years and what the man has done for "THE PARTNERSHIP"?! He was just following suit after all. Give the guy a break IRV!
Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously?! "Take the money" comment would seal Lindsey's fate? After all these years and what the man has done for "THE PARTNERSHIP"?! He was just following suit after all. Give the guy a break IRV!
You know, people are funny. I think they expect well paid talent to talk up something they have millions invested in, not down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, people are funny. I think they expect well paid talent to talk up something they have millions invested in, not down.
No! Some people are ****ing GREEDY and SELFISH!! **** these money whores!
Old 10-26-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No! Some people are ****ing GREEDY and SELFISH!! **** these money whores!
They’re the same pigs £ind$€¥ has rolled in the mud with since Mick got fired as manager.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love this article. Life is so strange. You neer know where you're going to end up. This jumped out at me:
The afternoon after the emotional interview at his house, Campbell is at an enormous soundstage at Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California. This is where the tornado sequence for The Wizard of Oz was filmed in 1939; it’s also where the guitarist will be reporting for work over the next eight weeks of intense rehearsals with Fleetwood Mac. Campbell, dressed casually with an oversize scarf-tie that wouldn’t be out of place on a pirate ship, sits on a couch in the back while technicians scurry about and set up the full-size arena stage with instruments.

Stevie must have been in her happiest of places knowing she was occupying the space where the original good witch first came to life.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Best Mike Campbell co write ever:
https://youtu.be/mxcvObkSi38
Old 10-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."
Exactly. And who knows he might even know Neil. I welcome the knowledge by a non negative person.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But if Lindsey hadn't TOLD us that East West was a crass commercial gig, how would we have known?

In 1982 do you remember when Lindsey told David Gans, the Bay Area rock writer, that the forthcoming US Festival was a great paycheck but an otherwise dull rock show? Or when Lindsey told the press the entire year of 1978 that Rumours (which was still selling big) wasn't as great as its sales promised? (How do you imagine that sat with Warner Brothers?) Or that Mirage was a reactionary work (artistically speaking, not politically)? You keep hammering home this weird point that his troubles this year resulted from something he said which allegedly upset a promoter. Really, now. Expecting Lindsey to keep quiet about the crassness of Fleetwood Mac's corporate side would be like expecting Johnny Rotten to honor the queen of England.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But if Lindsey hadn't TOLD us that East West was a crass commercial gig, how would we have known?

In 1982 do you remember when Lindsey told David Gans, the Bay Area rock writer, that the forthcoming US Festival was a great paycheck but an otherwise dull rock show? Or when Lindsey told the press the entire year of 1978 that Rumours (which was still selling big) wasn't as great as its sales promised? (How do you imagine that sat with Warner Brothers?) Or that Mirage was a reactionary work (artistically speaking, not politically)? You keep hammering home this weird point that his troubles this year resulted from something he said which allegedly upset a promoter. Really, now. Expecting Lindsey to keep quiet about the crassness of Fleetwood Mac's corporate side would be like expecting Johnny Rotten to honor the queen of England.

True. But there is an old adage about a straw that broke the camel's back.