User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Stevie could be the next lead singer of Journey and headline Classic East/West 2019! LOL
NO WAY! Girl has never sung that high!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Stevie or Christine?

Either way, what’s the source of that news? I’m excited to hear it, but I just need more details.

Matt
Christine. I doubt that the "she's out" is true at all, but I think it's very possible that she was never thrilled about the situation to begin with and has probably seen all the backlash which might gradually be changing her position.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
We are well on our way to seeing a Fleetwood Mac with only Stevie and Mick remaining from the Rumours lineup. They will run the brand into the ground and milk every penny they can get from it as long as they can. I fully expect John and Chris to leave after this tour. The magic is gone. FM will be on a double bill tour with remnants of another fractured classic rock act within the next few years.
I 100% agree with this. I don't think new music is happening. When would they even do it? I don't think there will be any more tours with this 'lineup' either. After the last tour John basically said he's not gonna keep doing this for much longer. Stevie will have whatever solo trek she'll do next that will, as per usual, take roughly 2 years. And I read that Mike Campbell has plans to record or tour or both with his other band for right after this tour. And sorry, but nobody cares about Neil Finn. These people are all nearly 70 or already in their 70s. Who knows what their health will even be like in a few years, or if they'll all still be alive.
IMO this tour is the end of Fleetwood Mac and it's just awful how they ruined their whole legacy at this time. Once the drama started, they should've made the decision to disband after MusiCares. It would have been going out on a high point.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I 100% agree with this. I don't think new music is happening. When would they even do it? I don't think there will be any more tours with this 'lineup' either. After the last tour John basically said he's not gonna keep doing this for much longer. Stevie will have whatever solo trek she'll do next that will, as per usual, take roughly 2 years. And I read that Mike Campbell has plans to record or tour or both with his other band for right after this tour. And sorry, but nobody cares about Neil Finn. These people are all nearly 70 or already in their 70s. Who knows what their health will even be like in a few years, or if they'll all still be alive.
IMO this tour is the end of Fleetwood Mac and it's just awful how they ruined their whole legacy at this time. Once the drama started, they should've made the decision to disband after MusiCares. It would have been going out on a high point.
I agree. This is becoming an awful end to their legacy.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is no new music coming out of this bunch....I just don't see it being logical, feasible or remotely possible.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
LOL--you've got a point there!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After the last tour John basically said he's not gonna keep doing this for much longer.
He was talking about tours of that magnitude, not touring in general.

Quote:
Stevie will have whatever solo trek she'll do next that will, as per usual, take roughly 2 years.
That’s what remains to be seen, IMO. I could just as easily see things going well and clicking, inspiring Stevie to record with the band. With Lindsey out and Mike in, I think there’s a different approach to recording that might be more appealing to Stevie.

Quote:
And I read that Mike Campbell has plans to record or tour or both with his other band for right after this tour.
That album is already done. It took eight days to record. Albums don’t have to take a year to make, hence my above comment. If they approach an album with that spirit, then I think there’s a good possibility of new music.

Quote:
And sorry, but nobody cares about Neil Finn.
Not at all true. In certain circles, especially the indie crowd, he was probably the most compelling part of the story.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-17-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
POST OF THE DAY!!!!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
POST OF THE DAY!!!!
I knew we'd agree sooner or later! Cheers bro!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last edited by jwd; 05-17-2018 at 10:22 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He was talking about tours of that magnitude, not touring in general.

That’s what remains to be seen, IMO. I could just as easily see things going well and clicking, inspiring Stevie to record with the band. With Lindsey out and Mike in, I think there’s a different approach to recording that might be more appealing to Stevie.

That album is already done. It took eight days to record. Albums don’t have to take a year to make, hence my above comment. If they approach an album with that spirit, then I think there’s a good possibility of new music.

Not at all true. In certain circles, especially the indie crowd, he was probably the most compelling part of the story.

Lol you sure love making posts like these don't you. I understand the temptation, but you should know that it is possible to not construct a thesis outline arguing with every single post you disagree with. But if you insist!
#1. Well Fleetwood Mac goes on tours of that magnitude lol. If John is gonna tour as a Fleetwood Mac member, he's gonna go a giant tour. They've pretty much always been allergic to the entire concept of small/lowkey tours, as would be expected from a big name band.
#2. Whether she wants to record with the band or not, Stevie will never give up her solo projects and I personally believe that she values them over FM regardless of who is in the band. I 100% believe that nothing about this switch-up will deter her from her typical solo plans.
#3. I never said that I knew if/when/how the album was coming along. If it was done that quickly that's wonderful for them. They're gonna go and release it and do shows supporting it. And the odds of a Fleetwood Mac record going that quickly are low, Lindsey or not. Stevie's own IYD album that she had the time of her life making took a full year. And then her 24KG album, entirely just re-recorded old demos, was made in a 2 week time crunch that, as per her press for the album, she emphasized was a big deal and that she was not too happy about. If you think they're gonna make new music, that's great! I personally don't! Who knows what'll happen!
#4. Okay let me revise that. 90% of the typical Fleetwood Mac concert ticket-buying public does not care about Neil Finn.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol you sure love making posts like these don't you. I understand the temptation, but you should know that it is possible to not construct a thesis outline arguing with every single post you disagree with. But if you insist!
Eh, it keeps my mind from going completely insane while I’m out of commission during my treatments.

Quote:
#1. Well Fleetwood Mac goes on tours of that magnitude lol. If John is gonna tour as a Fleetwood Mac member, he's gonna go a giant tour. They've pretty much always been allergic to the entire concept of small/lowkey tours, as would be expected from a big name band.
Bands also slow down. Maybe do a 90 date tour instead of 180…

Quote:
#2. Whether she wants to record with the band or not, Stevie will never give up her solo projects and I personally believe that she values them over FM regardless of who is in the band. I 100% believe that nothing about this switch-up will deter her from her typical solo plans.
Except with Tom dead, Lindsey out, and Mike in Fleetwood Mac, I could see that equation changing, depending on how the tour goes. She’ll definitely do more solo dates, I’m not arguing that point. But, I don’t know that her solo tour will have an impact on a new Fleetwood Mac album, if that’s even a probability. If anything, I could see her being more eager to do a FM album in the wake of LBCM. ”Don’t blame it on me…”

Quote:
#3. I never said that I knew if/when/how the album was coming along. If it was done that quickly that's wonderful for them. They're gonna go and release it and do shows supporting it.
I only found that out on that Norman’s guitar video. I get the vibe that the Dirty Knobs are Mike’s equivalent to the Mick Fleetwood BluesBand. It’s there, it’s an outlet, but the primary gig is Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
And the odds of a Fleetwood Mac record going that quickly are low, Lindsey or not. Stevie's own IYD album that she had the time of her life making took a full year. And then her 24KG album, entirely just re-recorded old demos, was made in a 2 week time crunch that, as per her press for the album, she emphasized was a big deal and that she was not too happy about.
I doubt it would be weeks, but it doesn’t have to take a year, either. There’s a balance. It’s possible to make a good album without trying to make the next “Pet Sounds.”

Quote:
If you think they're gonna make new music, that's great! I personally don't! Who knows what'll happen!
I’m 50/50. It’s now possible, which it wasn’t before, but the probability is what remains to be seen. They certainly have the talent to make a good album, but they also have the history of blowing opportunities.

Quote:
#4. Okay let me revise that. 90% of the typical Fleetwood Mac concert ticket-buying public does not care about Neil Finn
Neil has his own fan base and is a critic’s darling. But, really, they’re banking on Petty fans looking for some type of connection to Tom. While maybe not perfect, Mike and Stevie together in a band is something they hope TPATH fans can latch on to. Brilliant move from a business perspective.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-18-2018, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I think that’s part of it. I think all her life choices are finally catching up with her. She’s older. She’s without “love”. She’s childless. She has lost her creative spark. She lost Tom Petty. She sees Linz happy and with kids and more creative than she’s ever been. She sees that she was wrong about the album and people did buy it. And knows more would have bought it under Fleetwood Mac name. I’m sure LB was sure to point that out at the Classics and Music Cares. She was tired of being held to any recording and wanted to be “happy” which in her case is just Denial about where she ended up in life. Creatively and figurativly dried out husk of her former self. Sad.

It's funny how we all perceive things so differently

From the recent footage of her, I see Stevie as a strong, balanced, focused individual who is dealing very well with older life, and is in a good place within herself. Determined to make the most of her time left on this planet.

She still loves performing, and who knows she may yet produce more music, we shall see.

Last edited by MoonSister75; 05-18-2018 at 04:11 AM..
Old 05-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
#4. Okay let me revise that. 90% of the typical Fleetwood Mac concert ticket-buying public does not care about Neil Finn.
It's a pet peeve of mine when people throw out made-up numbers like this based on nothing factual whatsoever.

I've been an FM fan since the 70s, and a Finn fan since True Colours came out in 1980. I would concede that I'm almost certainly in the minority of the "FM concert ticket-buying public," but do we really only make up 10% of the Mac fanbase? Nah, not buying that.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
It's a pet peeve of mine when people throw out made-up numbers like this based on nothing factual whatsoever.

I've been an FM fan since the 70s, and a Finn fan since True Colours came out in 1980. I would concede that I'm almost certainly in the minority of the "FM concert ticket-buying public," but do we really only make up 10% of the Mac fanbase? Nah, not buying that.
That's great for you but it's not exactly a secret that the overwhelming majority of ticket-buyers at a Mac concert are people who like Dreams, GYOW, etc and want to see at least what mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac (basically as long as Stevie is there) play those songs. I've read about on other tours when songs like Say Goodbye were played, it seemed as if half the crowd didn't know the lyrics/looked bored. Those people don't even know who Peter Green is, Neil Finn certainly isn't going to be on their radar. FWIW, I doubt they'll care much about Mike Campbell either unless they're fans of TPATH, but Neil Finn just isn't that well known to most people if they don't follow that specific circle of music he's in.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 05-18-2018 at 01:50 PM..