Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question I'm So Afraid...Live 76

I was sorting through some old live MP3's today and I was listening to I'm so Afraid Live 76...I wasn't sure where it was from so I opened its ID tag...In the album section was "1977 Smilin' Ears Records ...Anyone know where this might be from???

Last edited by thewhitewingedd; 01-18-2007 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-02-2002, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I'm So Afraid...Live 76

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
I was sorting through some old live MP3's today and I was listening to I'm so Afraid Live 76...I wasn't sure where it was from so I opened its ID tag...In the album section was "1977 Smilin' Ears Records ...Anyone know where this might be from?
The band played for a small audience at the Trod Nossel Studios in Wallingford, Connecticut, on September 23, 1975. The set was recorded & issued on a double-album vinyl bootleg on the Smilin' Ears label, made in Brazil in 1977. The front cover is off-yellow with "Fleetwood Mac" printed across the top & a picture of Stevie in black top hat (same pic that ran in Random Notes in Rolling Stone). The back cover lists the set & another band photo.

The same show is turning up in all sorts of different versions, including something called "Who's the New Girl?" It's a good set & the band really roars through some of the songs, including "Blue Letter" & "The Green Manalishi" & a top-notch version of "World Turning" with incomparable guitar work. The rhythm section is good, too, whoever they are.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, you are so damned smart!
Thank you,
Barbara
Old 10-02-2002, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: I'm So Afraid...Live 76

The Trod Nossel Studios show is my absolute favorite Mac performance from that era. The band was on fire, and the energy is palpable.
I still get chills when I listen to it.

If The Mac ever does go back thru the archives to release some of the radio-show material recorded post-1975, I hope this show is at the top of the list.
Quote:
Originally posted by David
The rhythm section is good, too, whoever they are.
I dunno, David, but I have a feeling those guys are gonna go places!

Johnny Stew
Old 10-02-2002, 11:31 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Adam,

If it's radio show quality, then the only other source I would think it could be, is the 1976 King Biscuit Flower Hour show... which has hazy origins.

I have a complete copy of a radio broadcast of that show, and the announcer states that it was recorded in Passaic, New Jersey.... though I *think* I remember chiliD once saying that it was actually recorded in Connecticut.

Perhaps your mp3 of "I'm So Afraid" is from this show?
Hopefully David or chiliD can step in and fill in the blanks on this one.

Johnny Stew
Old 10-03-2002, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
If it's radio show quality, then the only other source I would think it could be, is the 1976 King Biscuit Flower Hour show... which has hazy origins.
Adam has uncovered one of the great mysteries of our time.

Hehhehe.

Actually, he has either the Trod Nossel 9-23-75 performance (which is the true Smilin' Ears bootleg) or the King Biscuit, which is Yale Coliseum in New Haven 11-20-75 (the *same* date given to the Wake Forest U. show!).

Adam is always encouraged to send the mysterious MP3 to someone for identification. That's the quickest, simplest way to enlist the help of others.

Above all, Adam, keep your hands & feet inside the vehicle at all times, pull the restraining bar down over your shoulders & have a great time as you hurdle through space in utter darkness!
Old 10-03-2002, 12:03 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.