Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 5 years!!!!!

5 years ago we were all Fleetwood Mac crazy. In two weeks I was going to see Fleetwood Mac in the Camden E Center ( before it was Tweeter) and it was my first time. I just became a new fan.

I posted my first post on here the night of the concert...I believe it was 9-29-97...and funny Im seeing Paul M. this year on that date...FM is better! LOL.

So I have been a Ledgie 5 years...which is like...wow. We had alot of fun the first days of the Ledge. The first thing I remember, which is kinda weird and I never really admitted was that I was writing Marty and I guess I was kinda flirty because he sounded nice...then he mentioned rather bluntly about his wife and young baby daughter! LOL I also remember being called typo queen, because I used to make ALOT of mistakes! I also remember writing many stories and being in alot of arguments. Good thing I have cooled my head these past 5 years LOL.

But Marty&Lis have been great to me...with info, inviting me to their home...with everything. They created this awesome site that has kept my interest for 5 years now!

Most of all...its been 5 years since I have seen FM live. Thats like ...not right. FM fever had been slowly oozing out of me and I started becoming obsessed with other artists....I never forgot FM but I just stopped listening and thinking about them ALL the time.

Im ready to get into them again, because they are just the ultimate group...they have everything...they have romance, rock, beauty, the hot male( LOL)...everything I need in music they have in that wonderful package.

Im just so hyped! This better happen! 2003 BETTER be the year of FM. I totally gave up on LB's album a year ago...and I have given up on ever seeing Christine McVie ( ******* ) but this is still ok, good enough. I just hope this album rocks, I hope the wait was worth it and Im glad I can come to the Ledge and share in my anticipation and overeagerness!!

Sorry to babble!
Old 09-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Ledgie

Is Paul M. Paul McCartney? If you do go, you'll have to tell me how you like it.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 5 years!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
5 years ago we were all Fleetwood Mac crazy.
I wasn't, I had never heard of them, until June this year.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Re: 5 years!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Fan

I wasn't, I had never heard of them, until June this year.
I graduated from college in 1989!
Old 09-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: 5 years!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

I graduated from college in 1989!
And 1989 was the year when I heard my first Fleetwood Mac album.(Don't ask me what it was, I was only a baby)
Old 09-30-2002, 01:47 AM
Ledgie

Red face

It's strange because I seem to have this skill of getting into a band just prior to a reunion or a new album after an extended break.

Though I had always liked Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks in particular, it wasn't until June of '97 that I bought a copy of Rumours. Less than 2 months later I was set down to watch The Dance on MTV. I had to semi-force my Mom --the woman who sparked my initial interest in the band-- to watch it.

We both flipped and it resulted in her calling her sisters to tell them to put it on ASAP, and I was calling friends saying "you have to watch this, you have no idea how great this is".

For me it was nice to see Stevie without all of the distractions and hear her and the entire group sounding as if they had just finished recording the Rumours CD I'd bought weeks before...not 20 years before. The songs are truely timeless which can't be said for more than a handful of recorded music, and the performances were in most cases better than listening to the records.

5 years really went by so fast!