The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm VERY happy reprise promoting FM very well. BUT why are they like ignoring the fact Chris isn't there. Carne Vaca's got a great point. Many people are going to find for the FIRST time that chris has left the band once she ISN'T on stage.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's been publicized quite well that she's no longer in the band...it's been mentioned in every news item about Fleetwood Mac since they did the Clinton farewell.

By next May or June when they finally come around in concert and somebody STILL doesn't know, then where the hell have they been??

It'd be like somebody turning on a Cheers rerun and being pissed off that Shelley Long isn't on the show anymore.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Woooow.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ken Caillat

None of the promotional stuff has stated that the songs on the "Very Best Of" album will be remastered, but I wonder whether Ken Caillat is involved in this project.

Maybe it was his idea to stuff some extras on the CD. The whole "rare live appearances" verbiage doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard emanating officially from either Fleetwood Mac's management or its label. It almost sounds as if Ken was inspired by the Penguin's Q&A & by the DVD signature petition to dig up a few little goodies to add to the CD.

I think that, in general, Ken was really surprised by the fervent interest in such material among the fans. It might have somehow changed his way of thinking, which in turn might have changed Mick Fleetwood's way of thinking (no small task this).

Of course, no sooner do we perk up at the possibility of a newborn commitment to release the vault than we find out that the "Very Best Of" package contains just ... already released video -- Mirage concert or Tango concert or whatever.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got to agree with Chili-They are not making any secret that Christine is no longer with the band. It has been in every mainstream and obscure press article or other media mention about the band since early 2001.

If someone is willing enough to shell out 100 bucks for a ticket I would hope they know who is in the band. Does the average fan know who the engineer on Tango in the Night was like many of us do-No, but I think we can give them enough credit to know who is in the band they are going to see in concert.

Oh.....Greg Droman was the Engineer on Tango in the night. He also was involved with the engineering of Out of the Cradle......

Last edited by John Run; 09-10-2002 at 08:24 PM..
Old 09-11-2002, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

It'd be like somebody turning on a Cheers rerun and being pissed off that Shelley Long isn't on the show anymore.
What!!? Is that true? She left the show?
Old 09-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, so here's what happened to me yesterday.....

I went Media Play to get the Billboard mag with the ad, and they had already put out the September 13th issue, and no, they diidn't have anymore Sept. 7th issues, those had all been removed by the magazine vendor.....
I checked by the music department before I left, because I wanted to find out how much the new CD was going to retail for, and the guy tells me, "I don't see it anywhere in our system as coming out." Well, I decide that Media Play is not so high on my favorite list of stores right now, so I get in my VW Beetle and crank up "Loving Cup"

AND,

I go to Barnes & Noble, since I had to go anyway for something else, and I find the issue of Billboard I want, but just out of curiosity I check with their music department about the CD. The guy tells me, "I don't see it anywhere in our system as coming out." Knowing I just had this conversation, I said, "Surely they wouldn't announce it with a full-page ad in Billboard if it wasn't being released on Oct 15th." He said, "Yes, that's true, but if we were going to get it by that time it would be in our system by now."
I just told him I would check back later, but I was thinking that I really am not so fond of your "system" Mr. Media Play and Mr. Barnes & Noble!

It IS coming out!!!
I just refuse to believe anything else!
Now, I feel better.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:12 PM

Sulasmith, two things:

First, Barnes & Noble uses Ingram as its distributor. When they look at available titles, releases, etc., they are looking into the Ingram system for that information. Could be that Media Play uses the same distributor, which for whatever reason may not yet have entered the release information.

Second, how do you like your Beetle? I had one for about three years, then I traded it in for a GTI.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Carne, I figured it must be something like that, at least it better be!

I love my Beetle. It is lime green with a diesel engine.
48 miles per gallon! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!
My husband and I fight over who gets to drive it, and now he sees they are finally coming out with the convertible model, so we may be getting another one!
Old 09-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
And it's extra funny that they are using a 25-year-old picture of the band on the best-of cover. Wait till the band hits the road and concert goers start asking, "Hey, wait a minute, where's the other one, you know the keyboard player? She was the coolest band member."
I was thinking similar thoughts - new fans might not recognize any of them!

Hopefully the "new CD" scheduled to be released next spring before the tour will have current photos (good thing Lindsey's married to a photographer - he won't even have to leave home.)

Barbara
Old 09-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where can you see some of her work?
I have looked and can't find any, not even the pictures she supposedly took of Lindsey.

Has she done any major work?
Old 09-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
And it's extra funny that they are using a 25-year-old picture of the band on the best-of cover.
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara
I was thinking similar thoughts - new fans might not recognize any of them!
Here's to hoping 'The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac' has a generous amount of photos in the liner notes, and more importantly, some recent ones!

Johnny Stew
Old 09-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Ken Caillat

Quote:
Originally posted by David
None of the promotional stuff has stated that the songs on the "Very Best Of" album will be remastered, but I wonder whether Ken Caillat is involved in this project.

Maybe it was his idea to stuff some extras on the CD. The whole "rare live appearances" verbiage doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard emanating officially from either Fleetwood Mac's management or its label. It almost sounds as if Ken was inspired by the Penguin's Q&A & by the DVD signature petition to dig up a few little goodies to add to the CD.

I think that, in general, Ken was really surprised by the fervent interest in such material among the fans. It might have somehow changed his way of thinking, which in turn might have changed Mick Fleetwood's way of thinking (no small task this).

Of course, no sooner do we perk up at the possibility of a newborn commitment to release the vault than we find out that the "Very Best Of" package contains just ... already released video -- Mirage concert or Tango concert or whatever.
I know Ken is remixing the Tusk, Fleetwood Mac and TISL DVD-A's for a 1st quarter 2003 release. Nicely sandwiched between "The Very Best Off" and the new Studio album.

The end of this year and 2003 look very promising.

PS - Thanks Johnny for the scan

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource

Last edited by nodmod; 09-13-2002 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I'm a huge fan of the Rumours line-up, after I really started exploring FM I realized how many of their older songs I was familiar with and liked. I don't mind if this Grtst Hts focuses on the Rumours line up since that's where most of the big hits came from...but I think the box set really should have been more of a career retrospective. It would have been nice to have it in chronological order, too, to see the evolution of their sound with the times, and the evolution of their writing and voices. Again, though, the Rumours line up is what sells so we may never truly get a decent retrospective.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Mick seems to have blinders on when it comes to the 1971-1974 period of the band, we DEFINITELY won't be seeing a decent full history compilation.

Add to that, the media thinks that "Behind The Mask" & "Time" never existed either (hence the "...been 15 years since their last studio album" comment in the Billboard article)...just makes one want to burn their own pirated compilations and hawk them on eBay.