The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think as far as long/old time posters here go... there's only so much that can be said about any interest, no matter how multi-faceted as FM and it's many contributors are. You don't like to feel you're repeating yourself. I've never not been interested in them or their music for long, but have been more fired up or obsessed sometimes than others. I've never felt I had any status from it, their hipness has waxed and waned, and have to remember that there were others championing overlooked aspects before as well as after I might have. It really began with having Then Play On around growing up and getting floored by the 1975 album, the Christine and Stevie songs in particular, and starting to puzzle out the connection between the two records (which involved snooping in other people's record stashes and at record stores and whatever few rock mags/papers I came across). I think it was a full on obsession for me when Rumours and Bob Welch's solo hit platters were brand new. Over My Head, Rhiannon, You Make Loving Fun and Sentimental Lady can still cause me to time travel .
Old 12-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I was past addicted before I ever posted, lol. I actually made sure to read probably about 75% of the entire Ledge back to 2002 before I started posting myself, just to gauge the people, tone and content, etc. i'm probably less hesitant to post these days, but I don't mind saying that I'm constantly aware of how much longer so many people have been fans than I have. Great admiration and respect to them.
Yes I agree . I was lurking and reading this board and soaking in the info long before I signed up. Even then the board had the most updated source of info on the band and its members and still has today.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I was past addicted before I ever posted.
^^^ Me too!

I started lurking here in 2002 or 2003, and applied for membership around that time. I think they finally "approved" me in 2010, and that's when I first started posting.

I don't understand the whole "approval" thing. I've had friends and roommates try to become a member without success. One friend got an email from a moderator telling her that before they approve her, they would like to know "why" she wanted to be a member of The Ledge. We both thought that was weird. I mean, if you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, or a fan of any of its members, isn't the answer to that a "no-brainer"? And even to this day, she still has not been approved yet. She was rather pissy that she didn't get to be included in the whole "speculation process" of 24KG this past year, or the current Fleetwood Mac tour and now she has no desire whatsoever to even be a "lurker". So I now have to be her "Fleetwood/Stevie" update generator.

Also, what exactly is a "supporting Ledgie"? That one always confused me.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

They pay a yearly fee for belonging here.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
^^^ Me too!

I started lurking here in 2002 or 2003, and applied for membership around that time. I think they finally "approved" me in 2010, and that's when I first started posting.

I don't understand the whole "approval" thing. I've had friends and roommates try to become a member without success. One friend got an email from a moderator telling her that before they approve her, they would like to know "why" she wanted to be a member of The Ledge. We both thought that was weird. I mean, if you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, or a fan of any of its members, isn't the answer to that a "no-brainer"? And even to this day, she still has not been approved yet. She was rather pissy that she didn't get to be included in the whole "speculation process" of 24KG this past year, or the current Fleetwood Mac tour and now she has no desire whatsoever to even be a "lurker". So I now have to be her "Fleetwood/Stevie" update generator.

I applied twice before I was finally approved!
Old 12-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I applied twice before I was finally approved!
It makes absolutely no sense!