The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I am distraught! They sold my tickets!

I just found out this afternoon that the 2 great tickets I had ordered for tommorrow night at Wembley in Block A3 row 3 through an agency have been sold to someone else. I am absolutely gutted. The sale went through as sucessful and then unknown to me there was a problem with my card and they sold them. Goodness knows why they didn't contact me with the telephone number I had so nicely provided for them.
I think I will struggle now at this late stage to get replacements.

Something tells me that tommorrow night will be long and miserable.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh no! That's awful! Can't they get you any other tickets?? They should have let you know before now so you could sort something out!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

no they have sold out. They didnt even contact me - I rang to see where the tickets were and got a great shock. I've been looking now but I cant find any. Its so late now. Disappointment hardly describes it.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh God. I can't tell you how upset I am for you
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
I just found out this afternoon that the 2 great tickets I had ordered for tommorrow night at Wembley in Block A3 row 3 through an agency have been sold to someone else. I am absolutely gutted. The sale went through as sucessful and then unknown to me there was a problem with my card and they sold them. Goodness knows why they didn't contact me with the telephone number I had so nicely provided for them.

oh no, thats awful....keep trying, they may release more tix and you may be able to get one at the box office....
Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKartis View Post
oh no, thats awful....keep trying, they may release more tix and you may be able to get one at the box office....
Some Ledgies have been incredibly lucky at the box office on the afternoon of the concert, including Wembley. It's absolutely worth a try
Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Junior Ledgie

Gutted for you.
Come on, who's got a spare to help a Ledgie in distress?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Who did you order them through? Did yo get an email saying the order had gone through?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I know nothing about gumtree - but you might want to check here, you might get lucky.

http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_...1=&max_price1=
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hang in there... and be sure to stalk the box office in person after 12:00 tomorrow. The front row will pop up, I guarantee.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb

Thanks for that. its nice of you to offer your sympathies! It does help in a way. The Box Office is a good idea - I don't know whether to travel down to London on the off chance or not. The last show in London on the last tour was really great so I was looking forward to it. And also because I was holding out for Silver springs which didn't materialise at Manchester & Sheffield.

I hope with all my heart that it won't be the last tour to reach England. I don't think I would recover from the enforced denial. I paid over the odds for the tickets but I was desparate to go with a good seat - its not the same at the back is it - once you stand there nowhere else seems as enjoyable. I did think that the presale worked last tour and it meant that fans were able to obtain good seats. It is probably why there are so many comments about so called miserable concertgoers moaning for people to sit down!

Perhaps this is the third and last Mac/Nicks disaster for me - they do say that such things arrive in threes! No doubt you are wondering what other trauma has come my way.....well I managed to loose my whole mp3 concert/demo collection- the original hard drive and then my backup hard drive!!!

Uncanny
Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes I did try Gumtree and I will keep a lookout in case someonelse has some bad luck and cant make it. Thanks Though, Alison
Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Hang in there... and be sure to stalk the box office in person after 12:00 tomorrow. The front row will pop up, I guarantee.
Really? ...I've never been a Box office stalker before! Is there a hidden talent?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? ...I've never been a Box office stalker before! Is there a hidden talent?
I wish DavidMn could comment- he actually pulled it off last week!

Also, there are some pretty expensive but excellent seats listed on craigslist. They may/may not still be available...

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/searc...min&maxAsk=max
Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would have been devestated. I've also heard a lot of stories about people getting really good seats the day of the show from the box office. Don't lose hope yet...its definitely not impossible