The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2018, 10:17 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,220
Default Heroes Are Hard to Find live tour cd!

I found a live tour cd today from the Heroes are Hard to Find Tour. I thought I had everything live from the Welch years. Great set list and not a bad recording. The Record Shop in Charleston SC has some unbelievable ď ImportsĒ on vinyl. If you are in the area check it out.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:11 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I found a live tour cd today from the Heroes are Hard to Find Tour. I thought I had everything live from the Welch years. Great set list and not a bad recording. The Record Shop in Charleston SC has some unbelievable ď ImportsĒ on vinyl. If you are in the area check it out.
Is this from the soundboard stuff they did in Sausalito? Some of that material appears on the bootleg ALBATROSS BUT NOT AROUND MY NECK. There's another soundboard, too, from that era that is incredible. The only live show I'd heard is a very poor quality bootleg where they play Nightwatch and Bad Loser. I wish it were higher quality!

Which live recording are you referring to?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2018, 05:19 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,220
Default

Itís called Ultrasonic Studios, Hemstead, NY October 6, 1974

The Green Manalishi
Spare Me a Little
Sentimental Lady
Future Games
Bermuda Triangle
Band intros/ Talk etc
Why
Angel
Homeward Bound
Rattlesnake Shake
Black Magic Woman
Mystery to Me (instrumental)

The quality isnít too bad at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2018, 06:06 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Itís called Ultrasonic Studios, Hemstead, NY October 6, 1974

The Green Manalishi
Spare Me a Little
Sentimental Lady
Future Games
Bermuda Triangle
Band intros/ Talk etc
Why
Angel
Homeward Bound
Rattlesnake Shake
Black Magic Woman
Mystery to Me (instrumental)

The quality isnít too bad at all.
Yesóthatís one of the soundboards. Itís a great set and the sound quality is excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,568
Default

This was a very popular show. I recorded it from the radio around 1984. The band sounds so great. Its incredible to think in just over a month Stevie and Lindsey join the band. I love every song. As a kid the live version of Bermuda Triangle used to scare me LOL. I think it was Bob's banter during the song.
Why is incredible and so is The Green Manalishi, Future games and Sentimental Lady
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:00 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default

Could someone who has this show please upload it via WeTransfer.com and post the link?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2018, 12:47 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Could someone who has this show please upload it via WeTransfer.com and post the link?
Its on youtube

OMG this live version has the snafu on Sentimental Lady (15:24) and Bob talks about only sleeping 45 minutes last night. They begin again. That part was not my broadcast LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5VI6w-NcO0
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life : 11-19-2018 at 05:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:41 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 314
Default

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:24 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its on youtube

OMG this live version has the snafu on Sentimental Lady (15:24) and Bob talks about only sleeping 45 minutes last night. They begin again. That part was not my broadcast LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5VI6w-NcO0
They're super, super tight and inspired. Manalishi is so in the pocket; each little piece counts—the lead guitar somewhere between psychedelic and psychotic, the drums, the bass, the organ, Christine's Hohner electric piano.

Angel is better than the studio version. This incarnation was one of the best hippie bands and Sixties holdovers out there in those days. They were every bit as interesting musically as the Doors or Vanilla Fudge (although their material wasn't as consistently first rate).

I think these are John McVie's best years. He's the jet engine that's thrusting everything forward. He's playing like a black dude in the Ohio Players or something! Christine's tempo on Spare Me a Little here versus a year or two later is the difference between nimble and clubfooted. It was a lot easier to get down to Fleetwood Mac in 1974 than in 1975.
__________________

Last edited by David : 11-19-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:31 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,539
Default

Is this concert with Doug Graves?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:48 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is this concert with Doug Graves?
I think itís Bobby Hunt.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
They're super, super tight and inspired. Manalishi is so in the pocket; each little piece counts—the lead guitar somewhere between psychedelic and psychotic, the drums, the bass, the organ, Christine's Hohner electric piano.

Angel is better than the studio version. This incarnation was one of the best hippie bands and Sixties holdovers out there in those days. They were every bit as interesting musically as the Doors or Vanilla Fudge (although their material wasn't as consistently first rate).

I think these are John McVie's best years. He's the jet engine that's thrusting everything forward. He's playing like a black dude in the Ohio Players or something! Christine's tempo on Spare Me a Little here versus a year or two later is the difference between nimble and clubfooted. It was a lot easier to get down to Fleetwood Mac in 1974 than in 1975.
Of course they would have never done it but I thought this new Mac should have opened their set with Manalishi. A full hard rock Judas Priest version and blow everyone out of their seats. It would have made a statement. It would have gotten everyone's attention, and as the opener no running to the bathroom for vintage Mac songs. I love Chris's organ on the song!
Lost opportunity if you ask me LOL

Sentimental Lady is a slightly sped up version and it really sound great.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks
$2899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureStevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.
$449.0
Stevie Nicks autograph. Signature display. Fleetwood Mac. Bella Donna.  picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved