The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
Im routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
Im routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2018, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Please. Smile At You went from a tepid, generic romp into an incredibly unique arrangement that made room for incredible bass from John, and it's one of Stevie's strongest vocals on the album. Maybe Stevie could have saved SYW, or BuckVie for that matter with her magical production touch.. oh wait..

And at the end of the day, with all the concessions Lindsey had reportedly been trying to make over the last 5 or so years to get her into the studio, bringing on Froom (there's even that one interview where he mentioned Dave Stewart was a possibility) writing in her key, you know, being an adult and opening the door to a true collaboration, only to have it slammed shut by a bitter old narcissist who'd rather play guest star on television shows, gush about Harry Styles or appear w Haim, or whoever else will praise her in some sad publicity stunt so she can lap up the attention rather than create as an artist.. you're so right, Stevie is not the petulant child at fault here. She didn't kill this band. Lindsey did.
This! allll of this!
Old 10-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Used to have equal love for all members of the Mac, all 3 are so important to me, some of the biggest influences I have as a musician myself. But when it comes to the reality of their personalities, in the here and now, Stevie has just become an embarrassment, insufferable these days. Cringeworthy even. That said, I could never just blindly defend any of them, they're all guilty of being terrible, and terrible to each other, at some point in their lives. But we're talking about right now. Which it's why its humorous to me when people like gldstwmn continuously try to deflect and project their own sycophantic tendencies onto those who are just pissed at what, for the time being, with all the info, seems to be a raw deal for Lindsey. But for a few people on this board, the ancient queen will always fart gold dust at the rainbow's end, and is totally incapable of any wrongdoing. It's so pathetic it's humorous.
I would like to buy you a drink!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please. Smile At You went from a tepid, generic romp into an incredibly unique arrangement that made room for incredible bass from John, and it's one of Stevie's strongest vocals on the album. Maybe Stevie could have saved SYW, or BuckVie for that matter with her magical production touch.. oh wait..

And at the end of the day, with all the concessions Lindsey had reportedly been trying to make over the last 5 or so years to get her into the studio, bringing on Froom (there's even that one interview where he mentioned Dave Stewart was a possibility) writing in her key, you know, being an adult and opening the door to a true collaboration, only to have it slammed shut by a bitter old narcissist who'd rather play guest star on television shows, gush about Harry Styles or appear w Haim, or whoever else will praise her in some sad publicity stunt so she can lap up the attention rather than create as an artist.. you're so right, Stevie is not the petulant child at fault here. She didn't kill this band. Lindsey did.
Quote:
Used to have equal love for all members of the Mac, all 3 are so important to me, some of the biggest influences I have as a musician myself. But when it comes to the reality of their personalities, in the here and now, Stevie has just become an embarrassment, insufferable these days. Cringeworthy even. That said, I could never just blindly defend any of them, they're all guilty of being terrible, and terrible to each other, at some point in their lives. But we're talking about right now. Which it's why its humorous to me when people like gldstwmn continuously try to deflect and project their own sycophantic tendencies onto those who are just pissed at what, for the time being, with all the info, seems to be a raw deal for Lindsey. But for a few people on this board, the ancient queen will always fart gold dust at the rainbow's end, and is totally incapable of any wrongdoing. It's so pathetic it's humorous.
I want to buy you a drink too!! You are so dead-on with these posts. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would like to buy you a drink!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I want to buy you a drink too!! You are so dead-on with these posts. Thank you!
One of these days I'll have to travel around to see Bucky so I can finally mingle with some ledgies! Splitting my time between Alaska & Oklahoma, its usually OKC or Tulsa, though I've been lucky enough to catch the Mac in LA twice while visiting family, and BuckVie at the amazing Chateau St Michelle winery in Washington on my way back from AK last summer. Probably the most beautiful venue I've ever had the privilege of attending a show at!

Last edited by The Chain; 10-31-2018 at 03:30 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who deserves to win the lawsuit is a function solely of what the arrangement within the group was. That said, all things equal I'm on team Lindsey.

First, they slandered him by lying about the reason for his firing (even going so far as to deny it was a firing as such). Second, as a general rule, and absent something egregious from the other person, I think "him or me" ultimatums should not go the way of the person making them.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
First, they slandered him by lying about the reason for his firing (even going so far as to deny it was a firing as such).
The legal standard for slander hasn't been met. That bar is extremely high.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm using it colloquially. My point is they made him out to be the difficult one and claimed he insisted on delaying their tour by a year's time, which was just a lie. Mick went so far as to say it was an impasse not a firing, when it was indeed a firing prompted by an ultimatum from Stevie Nicks.

Last edited by cbBen; 10-31-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

S.P.O.T. O.N!!!!
Old 10-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Link To Musicares Speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
After reading the documents, watching the Music Cares speech and the Rolling Stone interview, I gotta be fair. Lindsey is right. I hope he wins. I'm sad Stevie is behind this.
I just watched the speech. Christine started it by looking at her watch as a joke, then Lindsey very mildly joined in. That was my impression anyway.

What was the issue with the intro music that upset Lindsey? I don't understand the issue there. Does anyone have a link to that, and can anyone explain?

Thanks.

Last edited by cbBen; 10-31-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

105-12?! Really?! I think we have a winner.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'll say--AND that doesn't even factor in (i) the overwhelming preponderance of avid Stevie fans, (ii) that many users declined to vote because, like Lindsey, they don't see any "winners" from this, and (iii) those who voted "Fleetwood Mac" because, like Lindsey, they want the band to stay together not splinter at this stage of its life.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i thought Lindsey had only 12 fans........ how come there are 105 people here saying he should win?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2018, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I'll say--AND that doesn't even factor in (i) the overwhelming preponderance of avid Stevie fans, (ii) that many users declined to vote because, like Lindsey, they don't see any "winners" from this, and (iii) those who voted "Fleetwood Mac" because, like Lindsey, they want the band to stay together not splinter at this stage of its life.
Surely you jest. Surely you see the ridiculousness of that argument? I know you do. You're such a clown.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i thought Lindsey had only 12 fans........ how come there are 105 people here saying he should win?
Who sang that song? About times a changin'? C'mon someone help me out. I hate having these things stuck in my head. Bob Dylan?!

ETA YES YES

Last edited by jwd; 10-31-2018 at 11:10 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who sang that song? About times a changin'? C'mon someone help me out. I hate having these things stuck in my head. Bob Dylan?!

ETA YES YES

Would you say that to Bob Dylan? Or Old Goat Breath?