Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
OUCH!!
No no.....now, if you noticed, I typed "yum" at the end of the sentence. What I typed was not an insult, it was ......admiration.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
the claim that since it appeared in print it must be true is illogical.

Michele
Thank you.

And, that goes for any subject.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
No no.....now, if you noticed, I typed "yum" at the end of the sentence. What I typed was not an insult, it was ......admiration.
ROFLOL! That just makes it funnier!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've read more than enough articles that are so utterly inaccurate and sensationalist, but the celebrity doesn't bother taking any action because it ultimately wouldn't be worth it. Vox wasn't even a particularly successful magazine. Assuming the interviewer really did misrepresent her (which he definitely did in regards to her relationship with Tom), I doubt Stevie would have benefited from taking legal action. Ultimately, I think it just would've brought a bunch of attention to the magazine and to the article.
I suggest were it not for the "evil" internet and the article's occassion appearance on this and other fan sites most people would not have heard of any of this personal information--apart from Don Henley's interview. Does it sound like he is expressing remorse over the event? Like he wanted a child? Or was it some crazy "score" bragging? How does one characterize his interview mention of his relationship with Stevie? Incidental? Accidental? Careless?

What is known is that Stevie never wished the information to be shared in the way that it was shared. Stevie did share to the extent that she wished, via "Goodbye Baby," and "Sara," as she has with other songs about her life. In many of her songs--"Trouble In Shangri-la" comes to mind in particular--you often get the feeling she is sharing something personal, but it's well hidden.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I suggest were it not for the "evil" internet and the article's occassion appearance on this and other fan sites most people would not have heard of any of this personal information--apart from Don Henley's interview. Does it sound like he is expressing remorse over the event? Like he wanted a child? Or was it some crazy "score" bragging? How does one characterize his interview mention of his relationship with Stevie? Incidental? Accidental? Careless?

What is known is that Stevie never wished the information to be shared in the way that it was shared. Stevie did share to the extent that she wished, via "Goodbye Baby," and "Sara," as she has with other songs about her life. In many of her songs--"Trouble In Shangri-la" comes to mind in particular--you often get the feeling she is sharing something personal, but it's well hidden.
I've never seen how Sara could possibly be about abortion. The only line that seems to fit is "and now it's gone, it doesn't matter what for."
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

Exactly. Which is why the real story - as she has said - hasn't been told and we may never know. The way she chooses to share her life, even though we are given a glimpse, is still very private and we may all misconstrue the details since she does hide things so well. Or we may be interpreting something to be about her life that is based on something she was inspired by through fiction or poetry, although she may relate to it on some level.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie wasn't even on her game when this article came out. Back then, she was struggling to stay lucid and her management was picking her up off the floor.

Michele
See? That's exactly why I do believe the story is true. Stevie was so whacked out, her defenses were down. She was vulnerable, and that weakness was exploited by this journalist. To me, the simpler possibility is always the right one. Was there a huge conspiracy by Don Henley and the press to paint Stevie as a baby killer, or did Stevie really just make some bad decisions fueled by drugs, and terminate pregnancies? Seems like an easy question to answer to me.

Since you bring up the coke-up-bum rumor, I also believe it's more than likely true. And not just because I like to believe less than flattering things about Stevie, but because it simply makes sense. She goes to a dr, dr tells her to stop doing coke up her nose or she'll die of a brain hemorrhage. Stevie says she can't stop during the middle of a tour, so she gets her coke fix another way until she can get her a@ss to Betty Ford... literally!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Since you bring up the coke-up-bum rumor, I also believe it's more than likely true. And not just because I like to believe less than flattering things about Stevie, but because it simply makes sense. She goes to a dr, dr tells her to stop doing coke up her nose or she'll die of a brain hemorrhage. Stevie says she can't stop during the middle of a tour, so she gets her coke fix another way until she can get her a@ss to Betty Ford... literally!
I've always managed to stay away from this topic, but I just wonder if there would be any REASON for her to do that. For instance, the question that pops into my head is - could someone actually get high by having cocaine blown into their butt? It's just a really curious thing to me...and along those *a-hem* lines, this article may be helpful to some:

20 Things that Do NOT Belong in Your Butt
Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I've never seen how Sara could possibly be about abortion. The only line that seems to fit is "and now it's gone, it doesn't matter what for."
What about that last beautiful line, "there's a heartbeat and it never really died." Could be about that or it could be about Robin, you can only guess. That's one of the great things about Stevie's songs. They are all open to soooo many different opinions. And every single one could be dead wrong . Only Stevie knows. Btw, I have heard for many years that, "The Long Run" is absolutely about Stevie and the lines, "did you do it for love/did you do it for money/did you do it for spite/did you think you had to honey." is about the subject.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
What about that last beautiful line, "there's a heartbeat and it never really died." Could be about that or it could be about Robin, you can only guess. That's one of the great things about Stevie's songs. They are all open to soooo many different opinions. And every single one could be dead wrong . Only Stevie knows. Btw, I have heard for many years that, "The Long Run" is absolutely about Stevie and the lines, "did you do it for love/did you do it for money/did you do it for spite/did you think you had to honey." is about the subject.
Sara was before Robin's death...
Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always believed that "The Tower" (later know as "Goodbye Baby") was clearly about her unborn child. However after discussing this topic with those much more familiar with it than I am, I have learned that the song is much more likely one of the "Rhiannon" songs as it fits the story line of the Evangeline Walton story of Rhiannon almost verbatim. I have the books, but I've never read them.
As for "Sara", I think that is in part about the unborn child. The song is about everything that was going on after the recording of "Rumours". She has often said that if she were to have a kid she would have named her Sara. She also used the name Sara Anderson when she checked into hotels. And Sara is the alias she used while at Betty Ford, thus "Welcome To The Room...Sara".
Old 09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I've always believed that "The Tower" (later know as "Goodbye Baby") was clearly about her unborn child. However after discussing this topic with those much more familiar with it than I am, I have learned that the song is much more likely one of the "Rhiannon" songs as it fits the story line of the Evangeline Walton story of Rhiannon almost verbatim.
I've read that too but I'll post it again:

Matt Baumann (director of Destiny Rules): "one of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two."

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he would have said that if the song was purely fictional...
Old 09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've read that too but I'll post it again:

Matt Baumann (director of Destiny Rules): "one of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two."

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he would have said that if the song was purely fictional...
I don't know... to me it doesn't seem like such a deeply personal moment between them. There are parts where it could be, but Lindsey is very much caught up with his guitar and Stevie is being Stevie.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sara was before Robin's death...
Yeah, now that you mention it, I see I was wrong there. But, as you see....... I voiced an opinion......and was dead wrong.....which...... proves the point I was making.....in the first place.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
See? That's exactly why I do believe the story is true.
I'm not questioning why Stevie would have said that. I'm not even questioning she had abortions. Maybe she had ten of them. Indeed, I think it's more likely she would have said she had abortions than she would have said, ' you name 'em I've slept with 'em!' I dont' think she would have made that boast even in a drug induced stupor. And that's not to say I don't think she slept around. I don't think she would have described it like that, is all.

At any rate, it makes more sense to say you believe she revealed abortions because she was at a low point in her life than to say it is true because Vox printed it and Stevie didn't deny it. Vox wasn't Rolling Stone and before the internet became as widespread as it is, it's not like what was printed there circulated like wild fire. It's not like this was something the world was talking about 18 years ago.

Michele