Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Question Mirage video

Does everyones Mirage video have the groupings of pictures at the beginning during the drum intro to The Chain??....Well mine does anyway..So my point is...Isn't that picture of Stevie on Micks shoulders from the TANGO IN THE NIGHT days????..If it is indeed from that time period how did it get on the Mirage video from 1983???

Last edited by thewhitewingedd; 01-18-2007 at 06:53 PM..
Old 09-30-2002, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Hmm, good question Adam, I used to have the original RCA video release on Betamax and when I swapped over to VHS in the mid 80's I got the Musicvision reissue from 1987 when it came out and I assume this is where this "picture montage" version came from. I can't remember how the original RCA video version started now, you've got me interested! Anyone?

John
Old 09-30-2002, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Mirage video

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Does everyones Mirage video have the groupings of pictures at the beginning during the drum intro to The Chain??....Well mine does anyway..So my point is...Isn't that picture of Stevie on Micks shoulders from the TANGO IN THE NIGHT days????..If it is indeed from that time period how did it get on the Mirage video from 1983?
It's from 1980 -- Rolling Stone cover article on Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: Mirage video

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Does everyones Mirage video have the groupings of pictures at the beginning during the drum intro to The Chain??....Well mine does anyway..So my point is...Isn't that picture of Stevie on Micks shoulders from the TANGO IN THE NIGHT days????..If it is indeed from that time period how did it get on the Mirage video from 1983???

Adam
I'm afraid even Mick may not have been able to hold Stevie up in the Tango days... (j/k)

I do love that photo.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Re: Re: Mirage video

Quote:
Originally posted by David

It's from 1980 -- Rolling Stone cover article on Fleetwood Mac.
Oops! Oh well, photos were never my area! Thanks David!

John
Old 09-30-2002, 10:49 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Mirage video

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress

I'm afraid even Mick may not have been able to hold Stevie up in the Tango days... (j/k)

I do love that photo.
ok come on man... you can make all the stevie eating donuts stevie eating chocolate... stevie eating steak... stevie eating anything jokes you want... but during the tusk days.. YES Mick COULD lift her up.. and honestly... he might even be able to do it now.... so there... it's bad enough that she's big enough for people to talk about it... but seriously.. in 1979???? f*ck man.... she was a little thing... I could most likely lift her up... and i'm not a big girl... be nice
Old 10-01-2002, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah!
And besides, he's not even really holding her up in that pic, she's sitting on a tall stool and has her legs thrown over his shoulder.

Stevie was not fat at all in the Tango days. Look at the Seven Wonders video. She didn't start to look so thick in the middle until 1990. Even on the cover of TOSOTM (1989) she looks like she always did.
She was very sick and unhealthy in the early 90's and she did look bad then. They have all had their periods of looking like pure-T hell, and I could point to a less than attractive looking and sounding era for all five of them.
Now, admittedly, she is not the same size as in the 80's, but she's certainly not fat now. Remember how short she is.
She looks very good now, and if Mick can't hoist her up these days, then it is because he isn't what he used to be either.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

right on Sulamith- you tell 'em! And I do agree that Stevie did not seem big in '87-not sure about 88- but I think she was getting big in '89. I've seen some tour photos that looked not-so-good. I also have noticed on a lot of things from that era the photos were cut to slenderize Stevie-as I beleive is the case for the OSOTM cover. But who cares-Ann Wilson could probably eat Stevie as an appetizer and she still has fans.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:59 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ricohv
right on Sulamith- you tell 'em! And I do agree that Stevie did not seem big in '87-not sure about 88- but I think she was getting big in '89. I've seen some tour photos that looked not-so-good. I also have noticed on a lot of things from that era the photos were cut to slenderize Stevie-as I beleive is the case for the OSOTM cover.
I don't want to bag on Stevie about her weight because it's unimportant, but I want to jump into the thread to offer my slightly different perspective. I've seen Stevie in person a lot through the years & couldn't help being conscious of what state she was in physically each time. I noticed that the turning point in her weight gain was when I saw her play a show in Los Angeles with Don Henley, Jackson Browne, Tom Petty & Linda Ronstadt in September 1985. She wore a big black trenchcoat & for the first time ever did not look like her former self; she lost her dancer's body. She put on a great set & had plenty of energy but she was many pounds heavier than when I had seen her previous to that, which was the Wild Heart tour (& the TV appearances in 1984).

From that point on, she just had a different shape to her. She was about 38 years old at that point, & it happens to all of us. The next year was the "Rock a Little" tour -- I saw show after show -- & it was pretty obvious that age had caught up to her physically, although she gave outstanding, vibrant performances that are some of my favorites of all time.

Anyone else a big fan of the "Rock a Little" tour? I have seen all the Stevie solo tours. My favorite was the "Wild Heart" tour followed by the "Rock a Little" tour. The latter had some of the amazing elements of the former (Stevie's Mandarin phase), plus a more raucous attack & kiss-off abandon.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that Stevie's shape took a change in the mid-80s. I really first noticed it when the videos for RAL(Talk To Me and I Can't Wait) came out. She had a heavier appearance then she had in the earlier days. I'm sure part of it was due to her aging and to the fact of how she was "abusing" herself. But I think that once she got clean and sober it seemed like she took on a more lean and healthy look. I remember seeing her on interviews around the TITN time period and I thought she looked real good. The videos she did for that album, especially Seven Wonders, showcased her new found "foxy" look. I think she seemed to slip somewhat into her plus sizes stage around the end of the 80s, and most noticably in the early 90s(Klonopin, Epstein Barr...and more aging).

No doubt that age slows everything down... you just have to work a little harder to keep it together. Something I believe Stevie does today...she looks great.....ESPECIALLY when you compare her to women her own age.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 10-01-2002 at 03:42 PM..