Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Ledgie

Default Music

Hey I have an audition for chorus coming up and I want to sing sara or atleast part of it and I was wondering if anyone new the notes to the repeditive piono part that plays in the back ground I think it like 2 or 3 chords as well as the notes for the intro befor 'wait a minuate baby..." If anyone knows this I would really really appreciate it. I specifically would like to just have the chords written eg (A Major A minoe ect). but any format if it exisist or is known would be extreamly!!! appreciated
-thanks
Old 09-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Music

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwidower
Hey I have an audition for chorus coming up and I want to sing sara or atleast part of it and I was wondering if anyone new the notes to the repeditive piono part that plays in the back ground I think it like 2 or 3 chords as well as the notes for the intro befor 'wait a minuate baby..." If anyone knows this I would really really appreciate it. I specifically would like to just have the chords written eg (A Major A minoe ect). but any format if it exisist or is known would be extreamly!!! appreciated
-thanks
I'm always very glad to pass along chords or piano/keyboard arrangements of Fleetwood Mac music from the pop years to someone else; I can play just about all of it. But the problem is doing this over the Internet. It's easier to explain something like that on the telephone.

There are two major keyboard figures throughout "Sara," which alternate verse by verse. Take the following verse:

Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown
But now it's gone
It doesn't matter what for
When you build your house,
Call me home

The piano arrangement is as follows: the right hand chords alternate between the 2nd inversion of an F major chord & the root position of a C major chord. The left hand bass notes are F (for the tonic), then progress to the 6th (D), then to the subdominant (Bb), then to the dominant (C) & back to the root (F).

The second keyboard figure supports the following verse:

And he was just like
A great, dark wing
Within the wings of a storm
I think I had met my match
He was yadda yadda ... (I forgot the words)

The right hand plays the 2nd inversion of an F major chord, then the 2nd inversion of a G major chord & finally the 2nd inversion of an A minor chord. All the while, the left hand/bass is F.

Repeat the right hand pattern with the left hand/bass on G.

Good luck!
Old 09-13-2002, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Blackwidower. David has explained it the best way, as the piano part in Sara depends on the fact that right hand chords are inverted. I wasn't sure whetehr you are up with piano stff or not, so if you're not, just reply and I can do a version telling which notes to press. "(LH) F3 (RH) C4 F4 A5 F4 C4..." etc

Old 09-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Ledgie

hey DownOnRodeo I woulkd really appreciate it my I have forotten more than i thougt I had
Old 09-15-2002, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default This is dodgy but..

Don't forget - C4 is middle C. But you may even want to transpose the into up an octave?

INTRO (Single Notes)
(LH) F3 (RH) C4 F4 A5 ....F4
(LH) F3 (RH) D4 G4 B5 .. G4 B5
(LH) F3 (RH) E4 A5 C5...A5 C5 A5
repeat dose as necessary

VERSE (Chords)
(LH) F3 + (RH) C4+F4+A5 / C4+E4+G4 ..to your deisred rhythm
(LH) D3 + (RH) C4+F4+A5 / C4+E4+G4 ..
(LH) Bflat3 + (RH) C4+F4+A5 / C4+E4+G4 ..
(LH) C3 + (RH) C4+F4+A5 / C4+E4+G4...

GREAT DARK WING chorus part
(Sorry I'm in a rush!) Just play the Into, but play the RH notes together as CHORDS!

Hope it helps. Good luck with the choir thing.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 09-15-2002 at 08:41 AM..