Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A Fleetwood Mac Musical

It was on the radio and in the newspaper yesterday that there is to be a musical made of the Rumours album/lineup like they recently did with Mama mia

Pip
Old 09-24-2002, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Pip!!!

ARE YOU *&@#$n kidding me???

I am so wrapped! I thought something like that would never happen, so I made up my own 'FM Musical', with eclectic songs like those from Tusk.

I'm gonna sue their pants off! lol

Man Mick must be happy!
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No word of a lie....this was on the radio yesterday. My hubby heard it....and my friend read it in the newspaper. From what I was told it is being looked into right now. Should be interesting if it happens!!!

Pip
Old 09-24-2002, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found the following online:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_676002.html

Rod Stewart and Fleetwood Mac to feature in new musicals

The music of Rod Stewart and Fleetwood Mac look set to hit the stage.

Producers are planning two new shows along the lines of We Will Rock You and Mamma Mia which will use music from the two acts.

Matthew Vaughan, who has produced films such as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, is planning to use the music from Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album in a new show.

According to the Independent, Ben Elton is writing the script for Tonight's The Night which will use music from Rod Stewart.

Phil McIntyre, the producer of the Rod Stewart musical told the paper: "Since the singer-songwriters of the 1960s there has been little appetite for writing specifically for the stage - hence the tributes".

Pip
Old 09-24-2002, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More Here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=335814

This week the cognoscenti will be holding their heads in their hands as details emerge of future productions reviving the sounds – and most likely boosting the coffers of – such musical dinosaurs as Rod Stewart and Fleetwood Mac.

Matthew Vaughan, producer of the film Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, is planning to dramatise the making of the 1977 Fleetwood Mac album Rumours, which has sold 30 million copies
Old 09-24-2002, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Pip!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
ARE YOU *&@#$n kidding me???

I am so wrapped! I thought something like that would never happen, so I made up my own 'FM Musical', with eclectic songs like those from Tusk.

I'm gonna sue their pants off! lol
Oh, so now you're taking all the credit!
Old 09-24-2002, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Lol Carne

Actually I would take no credit if in fact it was to be the cop-out it sounds like. You know, dramatization of the Rumours album process? I mean come on. How unimaginative can it get. Plus all these songs are being played by the band all the time, unlike ABBA and Queen who haven't been appearing live for years (well I certainly hope Freddie hasn't been appearing a-live!).
It should be an original story, use more eclectic songs like Gypsy, Eyes of the World, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Why... That's my idea! "Hello, dumbo execs... can you heeeear meeee...??????!!!!"
Old 09-24-2002, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
......1977 Fleetwood Mac album Rumours, which has sold 30 million copies......
wo!! How did it suddenly hit 30 million??? Surely that's not accurate???

Thanks for the great news Pip!!

Old 09-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
How did it suddenly hit 30 million??? Surely that's not accurate???
I think 30 mill is the worldwide sales figure, as opposed to about 18 mill for the U.S. alone. Last I heard, the worldwide sales were about 26 or 28 mille, so maybe it has hit 30 since I last heard.

As far as this Rumours musical goes, Jesus Christus.

That ought to be entertaining to see ... in a truly cheap way. And I'll try to see it if it's ever done around here. But this is exactly the type of thing that Fleetwood Mac used to avoid -- this cheesy exploitation. That's why they handled their own marketing campaigns in the old days (remember the story about Frampton?). If a marketing campaign can be said to be "tasteful," Fleetwood Mac's was tasteful. But something about the 1980s turned the band -- or maybe more specifically Mick -- into shlockmeisters & grubby soulless robber barons. I know Fleetwood Mac isn't responsible for this idea for a cheap musical, but in the old days, they probably would not have given permission to do this.

Well, I hope they produce this in the United States! Thanks for the news, Pip.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default If Mick allows this....

Is an original VH1 movie next?

By the way, although it is bound to be cheesy, I'd love to see it! I hope to death they do something like it in America. It would just be so interesting to watch how they deal with it.

[STEVIE at piano; enter LINDSEY]

STEVIE [sees Lindsey, bangs out]: RULERS make BAD LOVERS!!!!

LINDSEY: That's not what you said the night before last, babe. [Here LINDSEY breaks into "Second Hand News," complete with dance moves acting out the lyrics. Stevie joins in as she sings harmony. Audience members under 17 should be accompanied by an adult].

----------------

CHRISTINE [practicing at microphone] Oh Daddy...you soothe me with your smile....

MICK [enters stage left - aside to Audience]: OOH! Somebody's writing a song about ME - and it has nothing to do with that little 'rattlesnake shake' habit of mine! [To CHRIS]: Who's your daddy?

JOHN [runs in, crazily waving an empty bottle]: I AM AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!! [MICK runs off, exits stage right. JOHN follows. CURRY is lowered from lighting fixture and lands on center stage.]

CHRISTINE: Now YOU, YOU make lovin' fun. [CHRISTINE runs to CURRY, they clasp hands and sing a slower version of the song as a duet, looking meaningfully into each others' eyes. At the end of the song is an extended instrumental interlude where CURRY spins CHRISTINE around, Gene-Kelly style, as fog machine starts to cover the stage with mist. They do an elaborate 10-minute number with several lifts, tosses, etc. At the end they sing the title line in harmony - very, very, very, slowly acappella, then exit stage right hand-in-hand.]

-----------------

And then the big dance number at the end!
[Members of Fleetwood Mac form a chorus line] Don't [kick] Stop [kick] Thinking about tomorrow...Don't [kick] Stop [kick] it'll soon be here....

Old 09-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What?!? No Drew Carey production number?

"CLEVELAND ROCKS...CLEVELAND ROCKS!!"

OOPS, sorry, wrong channel.

Old 09-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Personally I think the Maccers should all gather to do 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' together!

Johnny Stew (who's none too happy that he just pictured Mick in fish-net stockings! )
Old 09-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Ledgie

Talking Bustin out of my pen here BrrrrAWK!!

What a "fowl" idea!! I wouldn't pay a red cent to see such a thing! Abomination!! (what theatre did they say it was going to be in? )
Old 09-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Ledgie

Soda Scouts, that was too funny, thanks for breaking up my homework with a laugh!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nancy....ROTFLMAO!!!! That was just too funny! Oh, and wouldn't a VH1 movie be just awesome??? lol! j/k....(I think. lol)

And lmao at Mick in fish net stockings!! Thanks, Johnny Stew, for putting that image in my head!! The really sad thing is, I don't think I'd be all that surprised if he DID wear them.

~~Angela~~