User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Another version of SHN, not the one performed at IHeart. WITH Lindsey. I like this one.

YouTuber comment :

"Boycotting FM without LB!"
This vid is SO cool. I love everything from Lindsey playing a Telecaster(I thought they made him dump that far earlier than 78) to Christine playing the hell out of that snare drum, to Ray? playing acoustic guitar!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's so freaking depressing watching Lindsey be so amazing with Fleetwood Mac and knowing that we're never going to see this again.

WHY STEVIE WHY????

Old 09-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's so freaking depressing watching Lindsey be so amazing with Fleetwood Mac and knowing that we're never going to see this again.
Much of what's so cool about the 1978 concerts is that the band was at the Tusk stage of its evolution. All those wonderful early takes on the TUSK DELUXE CDs were recorded at essentially the same time as these Summer 1978 concerts, and you can literally hear the continuity in the sound—from SECOND HAND NEWS onstage here to studio performances like THAT'S ALL FOR EVERYONE, THE LEDGE and ANGEL. By this time, you can really tell that the band had progressed beyond its earlier sound of blues rock and psychedelia. The earlier two albums had hippie sonics, like Levon Helm mixed with the Stones (McVie and Fleetwood always sounded a lot like Wyman and Watts in those years). But they played like different musicians starting in 1978, and their virtuosity and idiosyncrasy were more like the early Attractions albums.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's one damned sexy performance of Second Hand News.
It certainly puts into perspective what they played the other day.
Damn, damn, damn it.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-25-2018, 04:49 PM

What a groove!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know several people have referenced this guy in other threads. I haven't always agreed with what he's said in his other vlogs but this one resonated. He is very worked up about the situation.

'Lindsey Buckingham actually plays a musical instrument. Its not shaking a tambourine or spinning around in a circle with your frilly stuff going around'

Fleetwood Mac Ultimatum Should Have Gone The Other Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftXJ38mwaA

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-29-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm guessing this is the right thread for stuff like this?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I really dislike Karen. Know what that makes me?

A Karen hater. Because Karen haters gonna hate.
(Karen)
I hate Karen and her back pack, too.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm guessing this is the right thread for stuff like this?

I had to turn off this crap when he invoked Roger McGuinn and started ranting about “can Tom rest in peace?”

It was the better part of ironic, as I just saw The Byrds (Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman with Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives) on October 3, not even a month ago. Their encore set was totally a tribute to Tom Petty, complete with stories of Tom and Mike. They started off with their song “So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star,” which TPATH had a minor hit with, followed by Roger’s cover of “American Girl,” Hillman’s cover of “Wildflowers,” and Marty Stuart’s cover of “Runnin’ Down A Dream.”

Look, I get Team Lindsey is grasping at straws to tear down the very band Lindsey helped define. But, get real.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I had to turn off this crap when he invoked Roger McGuinn and started ranting about “can Tom rest in peace?”

It was the better part of ironic, as I just saw The Byrds (Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman with Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives) on October 3, not even a month ago. Their encore set was totally a tribute to Tom Petty, complete with stories of Tom and Mike. They started off with their song “So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star,” which TPATH had a minor hit with, followed by Roger’s cover of “American Girl,” Hillman’s cover of “Wildflowers,” and Marty Stuart’s cover of “Runnin’ Down A Dream.”

Look, I get Team Lindsey is grasping at straws to tear down the very band Lindsey helped define. But, get real.
I just saw the Sweetheart of the Rodeo show last night, and now Roger, Chris, et al, are doing "King of the Hill" instead of "American Girl", the song Roger cowrote with Tom. Sorry, but their tribute is a hell of a lot better than FM's, which is totally lazy and unimaginative. "Free Fallin" is the best they can come up with?

So it was interesting this guy mentioned McGuinn - I don't think he's aware that Roger is touring and doing a tribute of his own to Tom Petty. I still think it's a fair criticism though.

Otherwise, as annoying as this guy is in the video, the Milwaukee review is a little over the top. The reviewer is overrating Stevie's contribution to FM, par for the course with a lot of these local reviewers.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I hate Karen and her back pack, too.
Idk how $tevie fits into that damned backpack.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a different youtuber now, talks about FM and firing, but mostly focuses on dissecting Lindsey's orchestral playing style and concludes that maybe this firing is a blessing in disguise because it's finally directing some attention to Lindsey's huge contributions both to Mac and as a solo act, instead of his work always being wrapped up and hidden behind the Fleetwood Mac name -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Certainly has made me revisit and greater appreciate him and his solo work.