User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Wow. Just wow. That's something I'd have Googled before asking.

Well the streets are going to the kids. Obviously.

(*cue bad music.*)

Old 01-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I'd say they probably want Fleetwood Mac to return and give another show, which is what Stevie said was going to be the case.

I don't know why people are automatically assuming that that's not going to happen.

People get sick sometimes. Mick's not a robot.
Nobody said it was long term. Just eight songs. It's not like Steve wasn't already playing drums. People don't believe Stevie because she constantly contradicts herself, and thus lacks credibility.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-21-2015 at 11:37 PM..
Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I'd say they probably want Fleetwood Mac to return and give another show, which is what Stevie said was going to be the case.
for free? like Pearl Jam did when they did 3/4 of the show and couldn't finish so they added another one and didn't charge?

don't see that happening with Fleetwood Mac but i would love to be proven wrong.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for free? like Pearl Jam did when they did 3/4 of the show and couldn't finish so they added another one and didn't charge?

don't see that happening with Fleetwood Mac but i would love to be proven wrong.
They did just that during the BTM tour. They were opening the European tour in Belgium and quit playing after Rhiannon because John had fractured his finger and couldn't play anymore. They told us to hang on to our ticket stubs, came back a month later and gave us an awesome show and didn't charge us one dime extra. So it could happen.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
They did just that during the BTM tour. They were opening the European tour in Belgium and quit playing after Rhiannon because John had fractured his finger and couldn't play anymore. They told us to hang on to our ticket stubs, came back a month later and gave us an awesome show and didn't charge us one dime extra. So it could happen.
thanks for the info.

so in their 40 years that did happen, that they had to stop the show because one of the essential players was sick/injured and they handled it.

seems John had problems several times from all the posts - including the time someone else described when they had another guitar player replace him for the rest of the show.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
thanks for the info.

so in their 40 years that did happen, that they had to stop the show because one of the essential players was sick/injured and they handled it.

seems John had problems several times from all the posts - including the time someone else described when they had another guitar player replace him for the rest of the show.
Way to go Stevie...
Old 01-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Letter to the Editor, Journal Star

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/...2c4919f68.html
January 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I was one of approximately 14,000 Fleetwood Mac concert participants who enjoyed 14 hits from very talented artists. I’m also blessed to have had the discretionary income to pay about $190 for the ticket. Unfortunately, fans saw a bit over a half of a concert, cut short due to illness of the drummer ("Mick Fleetwood illness cuts Fleetwood Mac concert short," Jan. 18).

Fans respectfully exited Pinnacle Bank Arena, realizing that “stuff happens.” I propose that Fleetwood Mac artists refund money by paying it forward in our community. Could Fleetwood Mac donate $50 per ticket to these four agencies: Cedars Youth Services, Food Bank of Lincoln, Matt Talbot Kitchen and Outreach, and People’s City Mission? This would generate, by my approximations, $700,000, or $175,000 per organization. These are among many nonprofits that make a huge difference in the lives of our citizens who don’t have $190 to spend on a concert ticket. Fleetwood Mac could pay our community “forward” to any organization that matches their philanthropic values. These are my suggestions to get the conversation started. I am confident that these successful artists will do the right thing.

Maureen Burson, Lincoln
Old 01-23-2015, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Letter to the Editor, Journal Star

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/...2c4919f68.html
January 21, 2015 11:55 pm

I was one of approximately 14,000 Fleetwood Mac concert participants who enjoyed 14 hits from very talented artists. I’m also blessed to have had the discretionary income to pay about $190 for the ticket. Unfortunately, fans saw a bit over a half of a concert, cut short due to illness of the drummer ("Mick Fleetwood illness cuts Fleetwood Mac concert short," Jan. 18).

Fans respectfully exited Pinnacle Bank Arena, realizing that “stuff happens.” I propose that Fleetwood Mac artists refund money by paying it forward in our community. Could Fleetwood Mac donate $50 per ticket to these four agencies: Cedars Youth Services, Food Bank of Lincoln, Matt Talbot Kitchen and Outreach, and People’s City Mission? This would generate, by my approximations, $700,000, or $175,000 per organization. These are among many nonprofits that make a huge difference in the lives of our citizens who don’t have $190 to spend on a concert ticket. Fleetwood Mac could pay our community “forward” to any organization that matches their philanthropic values. These are my suggestions to get the conversation started. I am confident that these successful artists will do the right thing.

Maureen Burson, Lincoln
What a great idea! If I attended that aborted show, my disappointment would be leveled, knowing that my money was not wasted, but going to help others, turning a negative into a positive.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks for the info.

Yes, it did happen but Stevie probably forgot. After all, it was the Klonopin years

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some people are forgetting this band is not thirty-something anymore.
Got to give them credit for working their a$$es off at their age when most people are retired and sitting down in Florida enjoying the sun and the warmth or working PT at Walmart or Home Depot at that age .I said that many times on here.They are not robots.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Were the fans told to hold their stubs for a future date?
If not...then they got ripped off....the drum tech could have finished the show....easily hands down...
If not...FM took the money and ran.
I hope the venue told people to hold the stubs
Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could there be some kind of clause in the bands contract that if they play more than a certain percentage of what is a "normal" show that if something happens after that said percentage and they can't continue that they don't have to issue a refund or play a make-up date?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It obviously was very sudden or I'm sure they would've cut a different 8 songs. The poor Lincoln fans missed the 2 consistently best songs in any fleetwood Mac set this century (good dust and so afraid) plus probably the 2 most popular songs amongst the most casual of fans (don't stop and GYOW). And Little Lies seems to be quite the experience this tour. It's literally the first time it's been played live by the line up that recorded it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I forgot they did actually play Go Your Own Way. We'll they still got kipper out of the 2 best songs in the set.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Could there be some kind of clause in the bands contract that if they play more than a certain percentage of what is a "normal" show that if something happens after that said percentage and they can't continue that they don't have to issue a refund or play a make-up date?
Yes..........