User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
How about two solo albums from Chris and Lindsey. Tour as a double bill.
Now, I don't agree about the two solo albums, but I do agree about touring, because they'd want to promote the album somehow live. They might as well do it as two solo performers and save the next FM tour for the "farewell" in 2017 or 2018.

Michele
Addicted Ledgie

The thing is the others don't need to wait and see how they feel. They can make plans and just stick to them. They want to make an album now and they'll want to then. Honestly I think she just doesn't want to come out and say no. She didn't want to participate earlier this year and instead decided she wanted to record a solo album. At no point has she intimated that she was interested in an album so it's not like well she'd like to now but this darn tour is in the way. If she felt like doing an album in a year she would have to be persuaded of it.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 11-13-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Senior Ledgie

Is there any chance that Stevie's problem is:

(1) she's concerned about her songs being seen as "inferior" to Christine's (as was the general consensus on Tango in the Night) and so she wants to wait until she comes up with some stellar new songs before committing?

Or (2) she is in fact committed to a new Mac album, but is acting indifferent in order to hold out for more money from a prospective label -- like "give me enough cash and I'll hop on board"?
Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Is there any chance that Stevie's problem is:

(1) she's concerned about her songs being seen as "inferior" to Christine's (as was the general consensus on Tango in the Night) and so she wants to wait until she comes up with some stellar new songs before committing?

Or (2) she is in fact committed to a new Mac album, but is acting indifferent in order to hold out for more money from a prospective label -- like "give me enough cash and I'll hop on board"?
well as Lindsey always likes to point out, there's ALWAYS politics in every freaking decision within FM, so I'm sure some part of this is her leveraging her position to get what she wants, whatever that is (my bet, producer). But it does seem like she feels like she gave up solo work (touring) to support FM this time around and she's not going to do it again
Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The thing is the others don't need to wait and see how they feel. They can make plans and just stick to them. They want to make an album now and they'll want to then. Honestly I think she just doesn't want to come out and say no. She didn't want to participate earlier this year and instead decided she wanted to recorded a solo album.
Yes, it's not as if she said, "You can have an album or you can have a tour, but you can't have both." And they said, "we'll take the tour." She never said that an album with participation from her was on the table at all.

Michele
Old 11-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, I don't agree about the two solo albums, but I do agree about touring, because they'd want to promote the album somehow live. They might as well do it as two solo performers and save the next FM tour for the "farewell" in 2017 or 2018.

Michele
Ok how about a double album of LB and CM tunes. And they tour it as Buckingham/McVie

I'm getting myself excited!!! We could actually get good seats!!
Old 11-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok how about a double album of LB and CM tunes. And they tour it as Buckingham/McVie

But if it involves John and Mick then they should just call it Fleetwood Mac. But I don't hate the idea of album of just their songs at all.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
But if it involves John and Mick then they should just call it Fleetwood Mac. But I don't hate the idea of album of just their songs at all.
I agree. I wouldn't care if you called it FMac.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love a Christine/Buckingham Fleetwood Mac album. I'm not sure how any resulting tour would work though- I can envisage it being a bit of an awkward set-up.
Buckingham/Nicks played on the past history/chemistry. Christine/Buckingham have a great working relationship but I'm not sure their music would quite gel together live- there'd be too much of a gap in the middle.
Perhaps it would depend on what the new material is like.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

...and perhaps more chance of Christine McVie 'middle period' songs- Why et al
Old 11-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know why some of you are saying this will be FM's last album.I hope they will have many more .Stevie involve or not.I know they are getting older.

God Bless Betty White at 92 and she's still on TV.Little Jimmy Dickens of the Grand Ole Opry is still cracking jokes and singing on the the Grand Ole Opry at 93.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hahahah Buckingham/McVie reminds me of a lawyers or a accounting firm like country musics Brooks and Dunn did.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have been saying that her reluctance to say anything was more a political thing for a while. 24KG screams contractual obligation rush job, and her silence is a way to keep her focus in interviews on the promotion of an album she's not touring behind, so as not to alienate the label that has invested in the album (and the label the band's catalog has been on since 1969).

THIS, however, is an angle I hadn't considered. I think you may be on to something.
I feel like there has to be some angle. The completion of her WB contract with 24KG just seems like it's been talked about a little too much for it not to have some significance.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
[Christine] only did a solo album in 2004 because her nephew initiated the project, and even then she did almost nothing to promote it.
Is that true? I don't recall ever hearing that it was Dan Perfect who got the ball rolling with In the Meantime.

My recollection is that Christine had written a bunch of songs and felt motivated to put out a low-key, very personal record, and she turned to her nephew for help because he's a musician (in addition to being a visual artist).

I could, however, be wrong about my understanding of how In the Meantime came to be. I'm not claiming any particular knowledge of the circumstances, but I would be interested to know the complete story.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm done with her. Her legacy is ruined for me. Go grab that money Stevie!!!