Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I wasn't trying to compare her to Lindsey; I never said she did less than Lindsey.

What happened to you? I don't remember you being like this when I was a regular on here. Admittedly, that was many years ago... but I don't remember you attacking Lindsey at every opportunity.
I didn't and I don't want to now. I'm just trying to make a point about the Stevie hatred around here (not by everyone mind you). I don't actually dislike Lindsey. I just think he was far worse to Stevie than I ever realized. Like I said I think he did this to himself. People's visceral reaction to this turn of events and their speed at making Stevie a scapegoat didn't sit well with me.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I appreciate you speaking up against some of the childish nastiness coming from a select few whose level of hysteria about this situation (whatever it may be as we STILL have no official story and no, "he said, she said" isn't an official story); is truly disturbing. I keep coming back to this forum in hopes of actually seeing some real news and instead have to wade through page after page of ridiculous grade-school level insults coming from the same little group. Calm down and stop acting like the antics of some pampered millionaires means anything at all to your real lives. Ughh, drop the pitchforks and torches, this is really exhausting. Can't we have some adult conversation? Incidentally, speaking of people who got disgusted with the atmosphere and left, does Skip ever visit anymore? He always seemed to never have a harsh word to say to anyone and I hadn't seen him on here in forever. I hope there wasn't a health issue or something.
I do apologize if my tactics have upset you. Thank you for this. There are so many threads that it is hard to keep track. I'm not sure who Skip is. Was that their screen name?
Old 04-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You don't know what they mean to me, or to any of us.

The grade-school level insults are from both sides. If not, they would have stopped a long time ago.

Keep waiting for that "official story".
With all due respect, these people are not family, friends or even neighbors. While we can certainly admire and respect their body of work, we don't have to feel the need to go to war with others over a perceived slight to them. They certainly don't need us. Well, nothing other than our wallets that is. Also, I'm not at all certain that the insults would stop if it wasn't for a few voices of dissent. I have seen vast swathes of thread space dedicated to a few of the same people back-slapping each other over coming up with the meanest thing to say. They certainly don't seem to need anyone other than themselves.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If I remember well Vivfox has seen him at a Stevie show last year and said he seemed to be pretty well but still wanted to stay away from the web for the time being.
That's good. I am glad to hear he is/was ok.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I do apologize if my tactics have upset you. Thank you for this. There are so many threads that it is hard to keep track. I'm not sure who Skip is. Was that their screen name?
No, no, you didn't upset me at all, in fact, I was saying that I appreciate that you are willing to step up and be a voice of reason against some of the nastiness that this place has been plagued with for a good while now, but in particular this past week or so. You are probably right, a lot of the voices that would have been a reality check on those who are willing to run so quickly with rumor and speculation have probably left this forum because of the negativity. Based on what SisterNightroad said above, it sounds like Skip was one of them.