Old 12-30-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Maybe I'm misreading this but if they send
out the video early to ks backers as a token
of appreciation, they're taking a great risk on
someone uploading it to YouTube. Which will
insure them losing $$$.
I was wondering the same thing but the director isn't certainly a newbie, I think he has thought about it beforehand since the crowdfunding was his idea. Surely as with copyrighted music youtube will shut any profile who will try to upload the movie.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:38 AM

Old 02-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any news about this? I know they hit their kickstarter goal. I remember seeing on Facebook that the only Fleetwood Mac videos in the documentary are Gypsy and The Chain, I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival on YouTube.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:39 PM

Old 02-22-2017, 07:04 AM

Glenn Aveni sent this email to all backers:

HEY, HEY - FELLOW NEW WORLD FEST FANS, ATTENDEES AND COUNTRYMEN
Posted by Glenn Aveni (Creator)

It's been two months since the Kickstarter ended just before the holidays I can't tell if it feels like yesterday, or 5 years ago - so much is happening everywhere.

I've been truly busy - on a few fronts. I have searched for and located more archival footage, and now have all that I could possibly want in terms of crowd shots, and what they call BRoll. I have begun negotiating for additional rights for music, and am also cleaning up (that is, using technology to improve) the rough cut of the film so far, and I've put the word out to shoot interviews with additional artists. In the next update after this, I'll have some specifics on all of the above.

As an informational note - approvals from the headline artists (Police, Petty, Fleetwood Mac etc.) have more importance than others, not only because of their popularity or the fact that they are headliners, but because those deals set the terms that we can use to offer all artists. This is standard for how music projects get priced. So artists that are equal are all treated equal. It's sometimes called a "most favored nation" clause. It's like the foundation of a building - once it is set, the building goes up quickly. So that's a major thing I hope to have resolved very soon.

We’re on track for the delivery dates promised this summer.

This update is public but the next one will be private (to you, the backers only), as I will be reaching out to you in the next update in case you have photos and stories you'd like to see in the booklet. As in all things, backers take priority. I have received many inquiries about the booklet on KS and on Facebook - hang tight, don't send anything yet, the call-out is coming soon.

Meantime, the images below give you a sense of my long days reaching out, and negotiating, it's phone and email all freakin' day.

Again, and I can't say it enough - I greatly appreciate your support and stay tuned for more soon. Feel free to hit me up here, or on FB if you have questions and I will reply quickly.

My best,

Glenn

I sent you three emails about that, and got no response, so I called

oh yeah, that's totally a fair price for 30+ year old footage, let me think and get back with you soon

of course i appreciate the fact that you are taking these photos for Kickstarter, everyone appreciates you ... hey that outfit looks great on you, honey
Old 02-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As an informational note - approvals from the headline artists (Police, Petty, Fleetwood Mac etc.) have more importance than others, not only because of their popularity or the fact that they are headliners, but because those deals set the terms that we can use to offer all artists. This is standard for how music projects get priced. So artists that are equal are all treated equal. It's sometimes called a "most favored nation" clause. It's like the foundation of a building - once it is set, the building goes up quickly. So that's a major thing I hope to have resolved very soon.

So I wonder if FM was one of the ones asking for a ridiculously high price
Old 02-22-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

So I wonder if FM was one of the ones asking for a ridiculously high price
Previously he had said that Fleetwood Mac were one of the best to deal with. I just hope the tables haven't turned.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we please just have Fleetwood Mac's full set video?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:13 AM

Old 05-10-2017, 06:03 AM

I received the e-mail with the info for backers, you other beackers should have too, if not check the spam:

FOOTAGE & MUSIC & BOOKLET, OH MY!

Posted by Glenn Aveni (Creator)

Hello friends, backers and US Festival-ers. Glenn here with an Update.

1. BOOKLET - this is an awesome FREE bonus! Some who booked thru our Facebook page(s) know about this, but now I am telling EVERYONE WHO BACKED because I have decided that EVERY BACKER gets a booklet! What is the booklet? It is a 96 page (minimum) 4-color 8 1/2 x 11 keepsake of The US Festival like no other - because it is full of stories and photos FROM YOU - the people who were there! This is free, it is a bonus Reward, no cost to you, no extra shipping.

SO - THIS IS A SHOUT OUT FOR MATERIALS!!

If you want to submit for inclusion in the booklet, I set up an email account at usfestbooklet@gmail.com. For stories - 100 words maximum (unless the story is so awesome you need more words). For photos - jpg or pdf format only. Please include 10 words with each photo so we know for sure what we are looking at. I realize some of you may have sent stories and/or images to Kickstarter or Facebook months ago - sorry, you need to re-send them to the website I just mentioned. I cannot guaranty that what you send will be included, some of it is luck as to who sends us something similar, but I can tell you that Backers take first priority. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A HUNDRED PHOTOS - pick the best (up to 6) and limit it to that. Anyone who pledged at the $40 level and above will get a physical booklet, and anyone who pledged at $28 or less - downloads - will get an e-booklet via download. Any questions, feel free to ask here or at the website. But please please - only submit materials through the website and don't forget 10 words on each photo.

IMPORTANT NOTE: even though the artist's rendering above says '82, and even though the film is about '82 - the booklet will cover BOTH years, so stories and photos from '83 are very much welcome.

2. FOOTAGE - very happy to announce we have secured a great flat-rate deal with a major footage house which will allow us to have about 15% more footage from the show than I expected and more bonus footage. This is what we call BRoll, it's everything except the music - crowd shots, crowd interviews, talent interviews, pan shots ... very happy about this.

3. MUSIC - it's easiest to strike deals for music once the first deal is done, so it is best to strike the first deal with the top artist. There are several we could call the top artist, I went with The Police. I don't want to give away too much info, but you will see - in the film - their famous medley of Message in a Bottle into Can't Stand Losing You into Reggatta De Blanc and back to Can't Stand Losing You. More Updates on music and bonus footage soon.

IS THERE A DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR THE BOOKLET? Yes. May 31st. You have the month of May. Again - any questions - hit me here or on the website. Submissions only via the website. Web address again ... usfestbooklet@gmail.com

- Glenn
Here I am celebrating the clearance deal w The Police
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand. I thought this was completed a while ago. Maybe someone can post in simple, non-hype terms what exactly the timeframe is. I will buy it when it's on DVD, which looks to be no time soon, if what I am inferring is correct.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't understand. I thought this was completed a while ago. Maybe someone can post in simple, non-hype terms what exactly the timeframe is. I will buy it when it's on DVD, which looks to be no time soon, if what I am inferring is correct.
The documentary itself is completed, the bonus music, which is the extra material is to be finished to arrange. Basically burocratic stuff.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:19 PM

Old 07-21-2017, 06:11 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:21 AM

The official facebook page just posted links to this two articles with new unearthed video footage of Steve Wozniac but for some reason the board won't let me embed anymore so here the copy and paste, make sure to click to watch the video of the first article:

Watch a Young Steve Wozniak Promote His Ill-Fated Rock Festival in 1982
"The theme of the '80s, a good theme, is the idea of people working together."

Did you know that Paste owns the world’s largest collection of live music recordings? It’s true! And what’s even crazier, it’s all free—hundreds of thousands of exclusive songs, concerts and videos that you can listen to and watch right here at Paste.com, from Muddy Waters to The Rolling Stones to R.E.M. to LCD Soundsystem. Every day, we’ll dig through the archive to find the coolest recording we have from that date in history. Enjoy!

Today’s Paste Vault entry is truly a buried treasure, filmed on July 19, 1982:

“The ‘80s may be the ‘Us’ decade.”

So says Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in this amazing promotional video, shot exactly 35 years ago today, ahead of the 1982 Us Festival near San Bernardino, Calif.

By 1982, Apple had made the 31-year-old Wozniak a very wealthy man, and he aspired to put his fortune to use in the form of a new music festival that would unite his passions for live music, emerging computer technology, and fostering community.

“It’s an event to incorporate a lot of things that have always put a smile on my face,” Wozniak tells the camera. “I was driving along thinking, okay, I’m in an interesting position that I’ve got the resources to make it possible, and if I don’t, maybe nobody will do it for me.”

Wozniak had survived a traumatic plane crash in February of 1981 and was looking to expand his business and personal interests. “With Apple,” he says, “it was not started as an attempt to be a big, huge corporation or something. It was just, try to go out and do something I wanted for myself that felt good, looked good, was very small, and we came out of the grassroots type of people. Just doing simple, normal things, not a lot of professionals, whatnot. And here we are putting on a music event, and we’re learning how to do it as we go, and we’re going to wind up with a very fine event that no one else will do because they’re looking at a different bottom line.”

The lineup Wozniak assembled was, indeed, very fine. Bands included on the Labor Day weekend bill of 1982: Gang of Four, The Ramones, Talking Heads, The Police, The Cars, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, The Kinks, Santana and Fleetwood Mac.

Wozniak reportedly sank about $13 million into the production (“half my net worth,” he says), but things did not go as well as he had hoped. That first weekend was staged in 100+ degree heat, and there were reports of multiple drug overdoses. Further iterations were staged in 1983 with equally impressive lineups, but the festival ultimately lost millions of dollars.

Footage shot for the promo video is so ‘80s it hurts: Watch Woz, swallowed up in beige, tour the festival site in a bright blue Ford pickup! Watch him sit in a ridiculous winged chair! Have a look at his stupendous tudor mansion with the Porsche in the driveway!

His spirit, though, was undeniably in the right place. “The theme of the ‘80s,” he says, “a good theme is the idea of people working together.”

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ill-fated.html

Dave Edmunds - Steve Wozniak welcomes crowd
Glen Helen Park (San Bernardino, CA), 09/04/1982

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...mes-crowd.html
Old 07-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't know if this has been posted before but here is the entire audio set from the US Festival. Its really amazing because just a short time ago we would have chopped off our right hand for such a recording because it seemed lost forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1enUjcB0L4