The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looks like she doesn't have a care in the world at the end of that show. I'm positive she's thrilled about he whole thing. She got him FIRED from the band he helped make iconic, the same band she wouldn't be a part of if it wasn't for him. Now he might not be able to sing anymore. She LOVES it. That's how little I think of her anymore.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
BBC radio still plays “Arthur’s theme” and “Sailing” both big hits for Christopher Cross...
He was the opening act at the Hollywood Bowl in 1980. He was a snooze. Ride Like the Wind was about as interesting as he ever got, and that song detracted nothing from Sisters of the Moon that night. But Nicolette Larson also was there to sing one of the most excellent songs of the Seventies, Lotta Love. She wore a long hippie dress and played the tambourine while singing backup vocal. It was the only time I've ever seen Nicolette in concert, sadly enough.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-10-2019, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How do we know they haven’t had private, direct contact with Lindsey?

Furthermore, why is any public commentary on their part either required or verboten? Ultimately, it won’t change anything that’s happened, it won’t help Lindsey on his road to recovery, and it won’t change anyone’s opinion. It’s nice that Neil and Mick did, and I really wouldn’t expect anything less from either of them, but nothing changed because of it. If you were utterly disgusted by Mick before the Austin show, were you any less disgusted by Mick after the show?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She got him FIRED from the band
How dare they FIRE a talented, popular, longstanding member of the band just so SOMEONE could bring a friend into the band???

Total dick move, 1967 Peter Green!
-Aynsley Dunbar fan

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How dare they FIRE a talented, popular, longstanding member of the band just so SOMEONE could bring a friend into the band???

Total dick move, 1967 Peter Green!
-Aynsley Dunbar fan
That comparison is really apples and oranges . As you know in Lindsey's case he was fired in the twilight years of a band of which he had been the sonic architect of their greatest success and one of the few if not the only monster band of their era in which all of the classic lineup members were still alive and in the band! Lindsey was to Fleetwood Mac as Brian Wilson was to the Beach Boys.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jana Anderson has been posting various different very nice posts about Lindsey on her social media - here's one that's been made public:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I wouldn't call it harmless. Some of it crosses the line to
bullying. And there's no telling how many Ledge members
have been run off by it.

I'm not a fan of Stevie's anymore, so it's not coming from
that point of view. I'm just wondering how a handful of people
can keep the hate going on for months? Doesn't it get tiring?
The term bullying is being abused and misused lately. If the band’s fans are “harmed” by criticism of them they need to go someplace where the band is not going to be criticized. A personal attack on bandmembers is not a personal attack on a fan and those that take it as such really probably should not be online.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Jana Anderson has been posting various different very nice posts about Lindsey on her social media - here's one that's been made public:

This is the kind of statement it would be nice for the band to release, whether collectively or individually.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The one thing I can’t get out of my mind is how glad I am now that Lindsey was not on this Mac tour; it could have taken his life for all we know. The whole thing almost seems like a relief now, oddly enough. As to what the rest of the band says or doesn’t say; what does it matter at this point? They clearly had no spine or moral fiber to stand up to Stevie’s temper tantrum. So why would they do the right thing now?

Above all else, I just wish for Lindsey’s full return to health, full stop.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
This is the kind of statement it would be nice for the band to release, whether collectively or individually.
I love how so many former members of the FM family have stepped up to support Lindsey. Richard, Billy and now Jana.

Not everything is lost, I guess.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wowwwww!!!! Jana Anderson basically Gave the most poignant tribute to Lindsey or maybe anyone ever! That was awesome.

Fleetwood Mac should be ashamed of their version of a tribute to Lindsey after that.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The one thing I can’t get out of my mind is how glad I am now that Lindsey was not on this Mac tour; it could have taken his life for all we know. The whole thing almost seems like a relief now, oddly enough.
i've seen people say this a lot, and i understand it brings some relief to think how maybe it was all destiny and it all worked out for the best.

(then again i've seen it being brought up even more by huge LB haters, which is interesting.)

the thing is that, for all we know, with his family history, this could have happened 5 years ago, or 5 years from now. he's been so careful and so zen and healthy living in the last decades. without all the stress of the last year, he probably would have been happily relaxed on the FM tour, just as he was in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and there would be nothing to trigger or precipitate it. so maybe it would happen like 2 years from now, or not. but with last year's stress it all piled up to a perfect storm now. it happened almost exactly to the day, a year after that fateful phone call he got, with Azoff screaming at him that he was ousted.

that said, i feel we are all incredibly lucky he's alive and here with us, apparently managed to avoid a massive heart attack by recognizing the signs in time. and hopefully will be in better health than he was in some ways, even if not being capable to do everything he could before.

it still doesn't feel real.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Wowwwww!!!! Jana Anderson basically Gave the most poignant tribute to Lindsey or maybe anyone ever! That was awesome.

Fleetwood Mac should be ashamed of their version of a tribute to Lindsey after that.
she had a different one, even nicer in some ways on her fb i just don't feel it's ok to share non public posts. maybe she'll make it public.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
she had a different one, even nicer in some ways on her fb i just don't feel it's ok to share non public posts. maybe she'll make it public.
If the Facebook post is not to a private group (as opposed to her followers), and particularly if the "Share" function is active, then it is a pubic post.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i've seen people say this a lot, and i understand it brings some relief to think how maybe it was all destiny and it all worked out for the best.

(then again i've seen it being brought up even more by huge LB haters, which is interesting.)

the thing is that, for all we know, with his family history, this could have happened 5 years ago, or 5 years from now. he's been so careful and so zen and healthy living in the last decades. without all the stress of the last year, he probably would have been happily relaxed on the FM tour, just as he was in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and there would be nothing to trigger or precipitate it. so maybe it would happen like 2 years from now, or not. but with last year's stress it all piled up to a perfect storm now. it happened almost exactly to the day, a year after that fateful phone call he got, with Azoff screaming at him that he was ousted.
Obviously, I don’t know anything about Jeff Buckingham’s health. But because he’s older I used him as a barometer. He’d attend a concert and I would see a picture and I would say “oh he looks good!” And to me that meant that Lindsey would continue to be just as hearty, barring unforeseen circumstances.