User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
deathmetal is about shock value and pushing music to the extremes.
punk is about pushing societies to extremes. god save the queen was one of the most truthful songs that came out of the era cause it reflected britain at the time and the future of kids being left being and who wouldn't want to jump around and maybe onto a drum kit 'cause of that? plus punk has that old time sound thats so much nicer to listen to than screaming on keys that might as all be one key cause you cant even tell.

the kkk took my baby away. I start bopping my head already
Old 04-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, there's nothing more "**** you" than a good punk rock record. Lots of people think that The Ramones, The Clash, and The Pistols were the only bands to come out of the punk rock scene, but there are many more that are just as great. Take for instance, The Avengers, one of the bands from the LA punk scene of the late 70s/early 80s. Songs like "Thin White Line," "Cheap Tragedies," and "Corpus Christi" pack more punch in a catchy punk tune than anything I've ever heard. Also, X has been consistent with their political punk/rockabilly style. Exene Cervenka may be tiny, but she could kick anyone's ass if she had to. And don't even get me started on The Stooges and The MC5. Nothing in the world will ever top the energy and passion those two groups turned into records.

I've never really heard anything woe-as-me come from a good punk rock band. Except maybe "Singles Going Steady" from The Buzzcocks, but that's a damn good album so I can't hold it against them.

I'll always be completely devoted to punk rock. I gotta agree with Fur here, you absolutely cannot compare the two. Punks and metalheads will never get along. I think it's written in the bible somewhere
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx View Post
I don't know, there's nothing more "**** you" than a good punk rock record. Lots of people think that The Ramones, The Clash, and The Pistols were the only bands to come out of the punk rock scene, but there are many more that are just as great. Take for instance, The Avengers, one of the bands from the LA punk scene of the late 70s/early 80s. Songs like "Thin White Line," "Cheap Tragedies," and "Corpus Christi" pack more punch in a catchy punk tune than anything I've ever heard. Also, X has been consistent with their political punk/rockabilly style. Exene Cervenka may be tiny, but she could kick anyone's ass if she had to. And don't even get me started on The Stooges and The MC5. Nothing in the world will ever top the energy and passion those two groups turned into records.

I've never really heard anything woe-as-me come from a good punk rock band. Except maybe "Singles Going Steady" from The Buzzcocks, but that's a damn good album so I can't hold it against them.

I'll always be completely devoted to punk rock. I gotta agree with Fur here, you absolutely cannot compare the two. Punks and metalheads will never get along. I think it's written in the bible somewhere
theres more irony too punk too. more than with metal with is more self indulgent suicidal me kind of thing. punk is just damn and sometimes takes the piss out of the suicidal thing
Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
estranged4life
This message has been deleted by estranged4life.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How much I hate MSN. They are having technical difficulties so I cannot log into my regular account - So I had to get online by going through an account I rarely use (I have nothing saved in the folders on this account other than the Ledge)

Frikkin' MSN
Old 04-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i am thinking that i am incredibly bored and there is no interesting conversation going on here at this point.

somebody, please. liven this place up.. without bitching about something completely ridiculous.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's tour starts in a month - that will liven the place up - perhpas.

Of course, LB's snotty nose behavior in Nebraska was fun to read about
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and, I do have to say, on the punk vs metal issue, I have to lean towards Brian a bit.

I do sometimes enjoy the spirit and attitude of spit-in-your-face punk, but there is some serious musical thrashing to be done in the metal world. I love bands like Cradle of Filth because that **** is like classical music on crystal meth. The instrumental parts are so musical.. but they're fkkin ANGRY!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Oh, and, I do have to say, on the punk vs metal issue, I have to lean towards Brian a bit.

I do sometimes enjoy the spirit and attitude of spit-in-your-face punk, but there is some serious musical thrashing to be done in the metal world. I love bands like Cradle of Filth because that **** is like classical music on crystal meth. The instrumental parts are so musical.. but they're fkkin ANGRY!!!!!!!!
punk won that debate a page ago
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Für Elise View Post
punk won that debate a page ago
But I posted what I thought then. Deal with it. Don't get snarky with me unless you want to keep it up. I have enough spunk and snark for almost everybody on this entire damn board, and I already don't like you.

Last edited by Sarah; 04-13-2007 at 09:02 AM..
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
I have enough spunk and snark for almost everybody on this entire damn board, and I already don't like you.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
oh godddd, don't encourage me.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
oh godddd, don't encourage me.
Squash the troll.