The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why Was Rttg Dropped!?!?!?!?!?!??!

This is such a great song. I am listneing to the live version right now and i dont think it flubbed one bit. This could have really turned into something great live. The vocals and harmonies alone are so wonderful. I thought this was a foolish choice and im upset it was only done once! Well twice counting the dress rehearsal thing.

Jimmy
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuggle said it was because the show was too long, but I don't buy it. I think it would have been too vocally challenging for her to do it each night.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:26 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Tuggle said it was because the show was too long, but I don't buy it. I think it would have been too vocally challenging for her to do it each night.
i was disappointed it was dropped too. i was looking forward to hearing it live. we needed one of her darker songs in the set. but if it was dropped because of the above reason then why drop it completely? mix it up a bit. yeah, i know, this is fm we're talking about. "fm" and "mixing up the set list" just don't go together.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have the bootleg of this song from the first concert, if so could you please sent it to me at:

ty.bryant@gmail.com

Cheers,
Old 02-04-2005, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Yes, I noticed that her voice might be a factor from some video footage i have. I noticed that with Gypsy and SS as well. *sigh*
But, nevertheless, I love that song and would still want to hear it live, as I know it would be better when you're right in front of her. And more so b/c I love RTTG - I want to hear that kickin' bassline (my favorite part of the song, in addition to the Stevie Screaming) live.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When she did it in LA at the rehearsal, she was dead on vocally. But to be honest, it wasn't as good live as I had hoped it would be. I really thought it would be the "Fall From Grace" of the SYW tour, which I thought was one of the best tunes on the TISL tour. But RTTG was a bit dull, to be honest.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
When she did it in LA at the rehearsal, she was dead on vocally. But to be honest, it wasn't as good live as I had hoped it would be. I really thought it would be the "Fall From Grace" of the SYW tour, which I thought was one of the best tunes on the TISL tour. But RTTG was a bit dull, to be honest.

Well ive listened to this columbus one 100s of times and I love it every time. I enjoy it a bit more in the lower key to tell you the truth. I love her singing it live and you have no idea how upset i was when i heard it was dropped.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
Well ive listened to this columbus one 100s of times and I love it every time. I enjoy it a bit more in the lower key to tell you the truth. I love her singing it live and you have no idea how upset i was when i heard it was dropped.
I don't think it's bad or anything, it's just not great. live Could have been so much better, I can't really put my finger on it. I was standing in the 3rd row at Stevie's feet in LA & the energy just was not as high as I thought it would be. BTW, RTTG is still one of my faves on SYW.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wish they would have thrown this in to the setlist early in the show. Put this in front of "Peacekeeper" (and then take out "Say You Will"). Have them introduce the new album and wow the audience over with a really high-energy song to get them amped about hearing other new stuff they may not know. I always felt that'd be so much better than PK, which just kills the momentum they have going at that point. Does anyone know where this fell in the setlist of the Columbus show?

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked RTTG both on the album and live, even if the performance in Columbus sounded a bit "tamed": maybe giving to the song some more chances they would have felt freer to risk with such a great track.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 02-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't suppose anyone would want to send me the live version of this...I've never heard it and you guys make it sound good! Well, if you want to, send it to StevieNicksEO17@aol.com

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I don't think it's bad or anything, it's just not great. live Could have been so much better, I can't really put my finger on it.

Agreed. If she whipped it out like Stand Back, it would have been freaking awesome! A great build up to the song would have made it better. I think the placement wasn't that great, either. Either more towards the beginning or ending of the set.