The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Ledgie

clever... sadly it was the first thing i came up with and i just went with it (my name that is) its in NO WAY a diss to miss nicks.

but seriously, thank you all for replying to my post... i guess my comments may have been far to generalized... for all the negative there are always double the positive and that is such a good thing. i have been a fm fan since i was in my mothers womb rocking out to sisters of the moon. anytime something new comes out i get excited no matter how mundane its been.

after reading your replys i began to ponder... back in 1997 when the dance came out, in retrospect, it seems that the mac had little to prove beyond simply getting out on the road and showing they still had the chops. the material was roadtested to the hilt obviously... and the few new cuts were great... but they never really got played during promo outings aside from landslide which which had been around since 75. i saw them in philly and dc even though the new **** was good, the focus was clearly on the classics or at least thats how i saw it. now with say you will the mac has alot to prove i think... theyre competeing in a market that is obsessed with boobs and bling... in keeping their orginal, and clearly devoted fanbase it would stand to reason that they would want to draw in new fans... and maybe the syw stuff they are playing now doesnt have the historical drama behind it that rhiannon has or go your own way (today show performance excluded) but im sure it will stand on its own.

sorry i ramble.

i just want to say that "everybody finds out" is so great to play in the car with the windows down.

im glad to see that there are ardent fans out there that care... that what its all about. i am proud to call myself a fleetwood mac fan.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Boobs and Bling. TOO FUNNY!
Old 04-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

STEVIE: "The bad news is that I miss her, terribly. There's not a day that I don't think, 'Where is she?' It's more about the friendship and her humor, and her funny, funny, stupid English jokes and how she could make everything lighten up with a flick of her personality. She was a joy to be around. And she was my best friend. So as much as I think that everyone else would like to hear me say, 'Oh, it's much better (now),' no, I can't say that. Because I miss her so much."

San Diego Union Tribune, April 6, 2003

I think she misses Christine and the band is struggling to find its way. However, Im hopeful they will find their feet... and Im sure they will cause they are THE MAC!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 04-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

goyourownway, you make some very points about the Dance tour and the older material. The one thing I would like to add though, is that the crowning jewel of those shows was the beautiful Sliver Springs, delivered with such gusto and exquisite agony. That song had so much punch because of the emotion behind it, and there is a many a Ledgie who will tell you THAT was the song that drew them in.....that was the performance that was so gut-wrenching it left them weak and wanting more. That song wasn't road-tested. They never really did it but a time or two in the past, and look what they pulled off. It was incredible.

They have the power to do that again!

Now I know that songs with the history and back story like SS only do come along once in a lifetime, for sure.
I guess my question is, what song is going to be the crowning jewel this time? Oh, there are lots of potential candidates.....EFO, RTTG, SAY.......????

It can't be SS again. That song had it's day in the sun, now we need another high point for the show that is more reflective of their current situation. If Stevie will wake up and just get a little more animated, and if they will move their mikes closer together, Destiny Rules has the potential to be the one.

Can't you just see Stevie up there wailin' about "not being together" and them having to "follow the rules" when they have never had to before?

I know it tears my heart out.

And that's what I want them to do!

-Sharon
Old 04-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Ledgie

i totally agree.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

As a big Mac fan, I understand where you're coming from GYOW. I have only loved the Mac since the Dance, therefore, I am judging them from the Dance on. The Dance was outstanding, & well, their performances of late aren't quite up to par with The Dance, but there could be a number of things wrong, Stevie's menopause, possible hip problem, Lindsey losing his voice, I don't know. We criticize b/c we love them. We want them to be better. We know they can do better b/c we've seen them in action (on film for me anyway). I never seen them in concert; Philly will be my first show, & despite their recent so-so performances, I'm still looking forward to May 19th. I love the limited edition of Say You Will; I can't stop playing it. I've seen little glimpses of the Mac I know here & there. I know they will be great on tour.

Lee
Old 04-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest..i didn't realize how negative my feelings were about stuff,and to be honest,i think i was being dumb. I will be the first one to bitch about Stevie's Dress,cause it is annoying...but the more i am thinking about it,i don't care what she wears,if they sounded like **** on Leno..I love this band(I miss Chris like hell tho) and i do not regret spending $$ on tickets.I have never seen them live before,and i am psyched,no matter how it turns out.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't know what everyone's problem is. The only reason I come here anymore is in hopes that there will be a decent thread that I can respond to, or some new info I don't know about. Yet, I'm disappointed almost every time. How many times MUST it be reiterated that people don't want to hear Rhiannon, they don't want to hear GYOW, they don't want Stevie to wear her traditional dress, Stevie's gross and wears the same thing too much, they all look old, and their performances on the new songs are lacking. I didn't get to see FM perform on Leno the first night, but Say You Will the second night I thought was good for as much as you can do with Say You Will. It's a light pop song, there's not much variety to throw at it. Which brings me to another point...what variation have any Christine songs really had? Her songs are just like Say You Will...just easy going and enjoyable, yet because it's Stevie that's just not enough. She has to tear out a lung before anyone's happy. I thought Stevie looked nice last night...she didn't have sleepy eyes and seemed pretty energetic to me. Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be reading the Ledge for a while, or at least posting on it, and I probably won't see any replies to this. Honestly, I was talking to someone from the Ledge about a week ago and couldn't figure out why the new album was giving me so much anxiety. I think I've figured out the reason.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
As a big Mac fan, I understand where you're coming from GYOW. I have only loved the Mac since the Dance, therefore, I am judging them from the Dance on. The Dance was outstanding, & well, their performances of late aren't quite up to par with The Dance, but there could be a number of things wrong, Stevie's menopause, possible hip problem, Lindsey losing his voice, I don't know. We criticize b/c we love them. We want them to be better. We know they can do better b/c we've seen them in action (on film for me anyway). I never seen them in concert; Philly will be my first show, & despite their recent so-so performances, I'm still looking forward to May 19th. I love the limited edition of Say You Will; I can't stop playing it. I've seen little glimpses of the Mac I know here & there. I know they will be great on tour.

Lee

MAY 19TH!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!! This is also my first FM experience....it's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I for one am glad that we can look at the band with a critical eye. Shows we as fans are actually halfway intelligent . We as diehards CAN disect critically their work... because we know EXACTLY what they're capable of... and when they're not up to snuff. Why SHOULDN'T we have expectations... or not be disappointed when they don't live up to them? I really don't like what you're trying to argue... that we should just take what we're given, and be grateful for it. If it's my opinion that Peacekeeper blows live, then that's my opinion... I'm not trying to force it on you, so stop trying to force your opinion on us!
Old 04-26-2003, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is "my deal," I think they just are resting on their well deserved fame. I have done a lot of performing in many many different aspects in my life and completely understand the meaning of "you have to sell it for it to sell." For example, take the SYW perfomance on Leno. It was good but not what we have seen them do and define as great. Imagine if SN had performed EFO, and had gotten the troops to dance with her or started from the top on bleachers and worked her way done at the begining of the song a la Cher. It would have rocked the house as opposed to the good, but rather mundane, performance in front of many obviously horny and anxious GI's. They need to sell it for it to sell.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-26-2003, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Here's...

Another positive slant on things:

This is very much a transitional stage for them, and a further album and tour will at least have them with the folds ironed out, and in the best scenario have them feel confident that they can break free from the old Mac mold, which they no longer fit .... by 33% more each to be precise .

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 04-26-2003 at 05:08 AM..