The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

youwantyourfreedom.tumblr.com has just posted this and I'm so confused!

Take a look at their twitter page; there's also something about Chris:
https://twitter.com/wistla

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

And the whole image, with uncropped Lindsey looking THRILLED. What the heck did Stevie bribe him with to get him into that!?

Seems that Chris is on the advisory board. https://www.wistla.com/about

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-05-2015 at 09:51 PM..
Old 10-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is exceedingly cute. Oh you know Lindsey likes to put things on his head, for a silly look.

I love having 5 of them so much.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-06-2015 at 01:28 AM..
Old 10-06-2015, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For once I'm speechless.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's amazing to think they were together in the seventies taking silly, playful photos and now it's 2015 and they're still doing the same thing.

You know the first time I ever saw one of these scarf/hats Khloe Kardashian was wearing it.

Michele
Old 10-07-2015, 05:59 AM

AC/DC, ‘Night Prowler’ vs. Warren Zevon, ‘Werewolves of London': Rock’s Scariest Song Battle

The bluesy terror of AC/DC‘s “Night Prowler” is up against a winking tale of a night-time menace in Warren Zevon‘s “Werewolves of London” in round one of our quest to find Rock’s Scariest Song.
In honor of Halloween, we’ve chosen 16 of rock’s scariest songs. The field will be sliced, diced and chopped in half every week based on your votes, until only the scariest song in rock history remains alive.

Zevon’s “Werewolves of London,” which originally appeared on 1978’s platinum-selling Excitable Boy, features the Fleetwood Mac rhythm section of John McVie and Mick Fleetwood – and together they almost helped the single sneak into the Top 20. “Werewolves” was produced by Jackson Browne and guitarist Waddy Wachtel, the latter of whom co-wrote the track with Zevon.

Read More: AC/DC, 'Night Prowler' vs. Warren Zevon, 'Werewolves of London': Rock's Scariest Song Battle | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 10-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Writer shares debate with his wife about whether certain bands are classic or over-rated]

St. Cloud Times

http://www.sctimes.com/story/life/20...ears/73612174/

Dave DeLand, ddeland@stcloudtimes.com 6 p.m. CDT October 10, 2015

Tom Petty, etc.

“Overrated: Dave Matthews Band and Tom Petty — everything they do sounds the same.” (Jen Kramer)

“Tom Petty is a genius. His stuff does not all sound the same. But Dave Matthews is weak tea for sure.” (Michael Burr)

“Overrated: Oasis. Of all the “Next Beatles” that came out of England every three months, they were the most pretentious and ridiculously overhyped.

“Runner-up: Fleetwood Mac. Two aging British blues players who kept changing band members until they finally hit the jackpot.” (Ric Studer)
Old 10-12-2015, 04:27 AM

This Day in Rock History – October 12
By Zach Martin October 12, 2015 12:33 AM

Then there was Fleetwood Mac, who released a double album that went multi-platinum, broke the Top Five, spawned multiple hit singles, and spent months in the Top 40 – yet was initially regarded as a letdown after the record-smashing success of 1977’s Rumours. A critical re-evaluation has since followed, as many have come to appreciate how the expansive 20-track Tusk explored every corner of the band’s genius.

News Anniversaries:
Sex Pistols’ Sid Vicious charged with murder (1978)
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant’s No Quarter debuts on MTV (1994)

Album Anniversaries:
Billy Joel – 52nd Street (1978)
Fleetwood Mac – Tusk (1979)

Read More: This Day in Rock History - October 12 | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/octob...ckback=tsmclip
Old 10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This Day in Rock History – October 12
Then there was Fleetwood Mac, who released a double album that went multi-platinum, broke the Top Five, spawned multiple hit singles, and spent months in the Top 40 –
I wish that were true but the only successful singles were Tusk and Sara.I wanted SOTM to be a smash but when it was released nobody cared. I heard it on the radio a total of one time back then.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wish that were true but the only successful singles were Tusk and Sara.I wanted SOTM to be a smash but when it was released nobody cared. I heard it on the radio a total of one time back then.
They meant Think about me that entered the top 20 for some time, it's mentioned in the video.
Not really a hit, but deserving anyway...
Old 10-12-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
They meant Think about me that entered the top 20 for some time, it's mentioned in the video.
Not really a hit, but deserving anyway...
It was a great song. Should have done better.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Weekly List: Classic Coffee Shop Tunes
By Michael Bergin on October 14, 2015 The Georgetown Voice

http://georgetownvoice.com/2015/10/1...ee-shop-tunes/

Greetings and welcome to another edition of Halftime’s the Week List! We are now in a time of pumpkin spice, colorful leaves on the trees, and apparently hurricanes (all the more reason to bundle up). If we shuck all the negative stereotypes that come along with the autumn season, we are left with a time to be cozy and enjoy time with loved ones. Take a walk through Georgetown in your best sweater and stop into your favorite coffee shop. Everything is perfect: warm coffee on the table, book in hand, but the perfect soundtrack still remains a mystery to you. Well look no further, for Halftime proudly presents exactly what you need, The Weekly List: Classic Coffee Shop Tunes.

“Go Your Own Way” – Fleetwood Mac

This rocking ballad, produced for the band’s album Rumors, was written during a time of struggle for the band where the music was the only thing keeping them together. The tale of letting go of love can parallel the morose aspects of the somber fall season, while the rich music and lovely harmonies of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham help all listeners crack a smile.

“Dreams” – Fleetwood Mac

“Dreams” is personally my favorite Fleetwood Mac track; this mellow song flaunts a catchy, steady drum beat behind Nicks’ gorgeous voice. The timeless lyrics of the track are almost impossible to forget, not only for their entertaining qualities, but also for the value of the song’s message.

“The Chain” – Fleetwood Mac

Seeing a trend here? This acoustic-vibe, bluegrassy track serves as another perfect supplement to your coffee shop soundtrack. An intense guitar solo fading the song out peaks up the energy while adding a calm, almost eerie attitude to the track.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 PM

Martin Barre Talks About Jethro Tull Memories, New Music and More: Exclusive Interview
By Ryan Reed October 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Even though it’s horribly sad that Jethro Tull doesn’t exist, the silver lining is that now there are these two entities touring and bringing more of the catalog to more people.

Yeah, I think that’s the case. And I haven’t necessarily played the music exactly how it was, so I can’t be accused of being a lesser version of Jethro Tull – or Jethro Tull without the flute player. So I’ve been very careful to change it a little bit in a respectful way but put my stamp on it. But it’s sad because I see bands like Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles and Toto out there having very successful tours. They’re very special bands, and they’re enjoying a resurgence of interest from that era. But unfortunately we’re not part of that.

Read More: Martin Barre Talks About Jethro Tull Memories, New Music and More: Exclusive Interview | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/marti...ckback=tsmclip
Old 10-21-2015, 10:49 AM

Neil Young Completely Emerges From the Ditch on ‘Comes a Time’
By Glen Boyd October 21, 2015 9:50 AM

Judged purely on those standards, Comes a Time was regarded as an overwhelming success at the time, with immediate sales far out-distancing less radio-friendly predecessors like On the Beach and Tonight’s the Night, which comprised two-thirds of his “Ditch Trilogy.” Comes a Time also yielded Young’s first mainstream radio hit in years with “Lotta Love,” albeit not under his name. Backing vocalist Nicolette Larson scored a surprise Top 10 hit with a slickly produced cover of the tune, which Young referred to as his “Fleetwood Mac song.”

Read More: Neil Young Completely Emerges From the Ditch on ‘Comes a Time’ | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Nashville Scene from comedian Chris Crofton's Advice Column]

POSTED BY THE CREAM ON TUE, OCT 20, 2015 AT 9:00 AM

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...spend-my-money

Dear Advice King,

It seems the “sexy witch” look is in, and I could not be more displeased. My fiancée has taken to shopping at a certain women's clothing store in the Gulch and is always coming home with shawls, crystals, tusks on chains and tops that resemble some sort of unusual poncho. She models them for me, asking my opinion. How do I politely tell her she looks like a Stevie Nicks knockoff from the cover of Rumours? Thanks.

-Jonathan in Germantown

Is this true? I was just in Nashville. Seemed like everybody was still dressed like the cast of A Fistful of Dollars.*

Has she changed her personality to match her clothes? Is she burning incense and giving your neighbors tarot readings? She says the readings are free “for now,” because she’s “not that good at it yet”? Her friend Sally gets 12 death cards in a row and she’s like, “Don’t worry! That can just mean it’s harvest time!”**

Is she using divining rods? Some of Fleetwood Mac’s greatest hits are about dowsing. “Go Your Own Way” is about a dowsing disagreement between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks over which direction more cocaine was.