User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I have said this multiple times and I firmly believe it to be pretty true; Stevie has no emotional anchor anymore and is sorta losing it. It's well documented how Lindsey matured and chilled out with having a family. That's his anchor (wife and kids). Meanwhile, cut to Stevie, who lost her mom and dad (as we all do) but Tom as well.
Stevie's definitely growing more than a little barmy. Mom died, Dad died, Glen's son died, Prince died, Glenn Frey died, and Petty died. Lots of death in her world in recent years giving her an intimation of her own end and maybe making her philosophical.

But she's barmy, too—falling in love with the Twilight movies, singing with Lana Del Rey and other young Stevie surrogates, doing embarrassing cameos in several of the Ryan Murphy TV shows. She used to have pretty good taste in movies, but how can she go from Cocteau and Wyler to Twilight?!

Quote:
I have no doubt Lindsey uses that perfectionist crap all day long and knows how to push her buttons but are they fire-able offenses?
Nope. They're just annoyances, like her inability to take studio work seriously or her penchant for telling interminable anecdotes onstage night after night. In a band, the only people you fire for being annoying are people who have no standing or value in the band.

Nicks had just finished a big, happy tour with the Pretenders when she fired Lindsey. Her solo career—with albums, press coverage, tours, guest spots, and riches—is flourishing. Why didn't she just leave Fleetwood Mac? What does she want with Fleetwood Mac? What does she get from Fleetwood Mac that she doesn't get from her solo career? If I had been her at that point, I'd have said "I quit" and gone out on tour again. Her decision to destroy the Rumours Five strikes me as mean-spirited, almost like revenge for something-or-other. It's also mean to the legions of Rumours Five fans—did she think of any of them, or just herself?

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 10-11-2018 at 01:32 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a legit article. Things make more sense now. Well, maybe not. LOL. None of it makes any real sense.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Registered

If this is true eventually somebody will make the text of the complaint public. Of course the Goat Queen and her accomplices will have to respond to the complaint. Then we will finally have answers, made under penalty of perjury, to all the questions we have.

If it's true this ought to be fun This band is going down in flames. Serves them right frankly. Their legacy is in tatters.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
If this is true eventually somebody will make the text of the complaint public. Of course the Goat Queen and her accomplices will have to respond to the complaint. Then we will finally have answers, made under penalty of perjury, to all the questions we have.

If it's true this ought to be fun This band is going down in flames. Serves them right frankly. Their legacy is in tatters.
Between alimony, child support, and lawsuits.....Mick may need to get some session work when the tour ends
Old 10-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Do you recall the first week you were made a Mod on TL and I had a problem with it? Just like then it is sentences like this that should disqualify you completely from ever being a fair minded Moderator. Part of a good Moderator's job is to remain neutral to all parties involved. It is perfectly ok to share your views to your friend's in a private message but the words you say in the public forum should all be positive. If you can't do that perhaps you should go back to being just a regular member of TL and then you can continue bashing band members and no one would say, "there is no one moderating The Ledge any longer." IMHO
Thank you!!! Although instead of the "positive words" section, I would say that a moderator (on every other form I've been part of at least) should be NEUTRAL on all positions and careful not to take either side. It is all part of professionalism. If someone wants to name-call and get nasty they need to let go of their responsibilities and join the masses.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered

Reading through the article, it appears that there is indeed an entity called Fleetwood Mac Partnership, of which Lindsey is apparently a member. It also seems that Neil and Mike, however Mick refers to them, are just "contract" players--I guess since they are not full-fledged partners in the partnership. I'm not a lawyer, just one who has had more than the usual share of lawsuits ...

And if the info is true then it was really stupid of Stevie to insist on firing Lindsey. There were signed contracts. I highly doubt smirking is sufficient legal justification for removing him from the partnership.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 10-11-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

A couple of the other tabloids are reporting the lawsuit story as well. (US Weekly, The National Enquirer) None of these are known for their quality journalism, (The National Enquirer is a total fish wrapper here in the US), so who knows?

If any of those quoted attempts at communicating with his bandmates are accurate, however, and the response was "radio silence", then it's more than just sad, it's cruel and disgusting.

I hope this isn't true, but I don't believe they will ever be reuniting again anyway.
We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 10-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Between alimony, child support, and lawsuits.....Mick may need to get some session work when the tour ends
He will be headed for his third (or fourth? I've lost count) bankruptcy
Old 10-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope he sues the pants off them!
I hope he sues that black dress off her. I mean it probably needs a good washing.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”

Just putting this quote here. So if this is true, he DID want to delay the tour so this must have been another item on her list of complaints. Funny he forgot to mention this to the RS reporter...and that means the rest of the band did not lie in their initial statement doesn’t it?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nicks had just finished a big, happy tour with the Pretenders when she fired Lindsey. Her solo career—with albums, press coverage, tours, guest spots, and riches—is flourishing. Why didn't she just leave Fleetwood Mac? What does she want with Fleetwood Mac? What does she get from Fleetwood Mac that she doesn't get from her solo career? If I had been her at that point, I'd have said "I quit" and gone out on tour again. Her decision to destroy the Rumours Five strikes me as mean-spirited, almost like revenge for something-or-other. It's also mean to the legions of Rumours Five fans—did she think of any of them, or just herself?
Really good point and I’ve wondered the same. Before 24K tour I guess you could list the fact that FM plays arenas and bigger crowds but even that doesn’t give enough of a satisfactory answer. Now that Lindsey is out, she now has the ability to say she is the boss both solo and with the band...
Old 10-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”

Just putting this quote here. So if this is true, he DID want to delay the tour so this must have been another item on her list of complaints. Funny he forgot to mention this to the RS reporter...and that means the rest of the band did not lie in their initial statement doesn’t it?
Nice try, but Lindsey did mention this to the RS reporter, who is David Fricke by the way. These "gotcha" attempts on behalf of the Stevie brigade are fun though. The band did not tell the "whole truth", that's where the lying comes in. Even if the firing was justified as you claim, they still owed Lindsey a response. Pretty unclassy behavior on their part.

Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”

But he insists that Fleetwood Mac always “came first. And I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired. We have all done things that were not constructive. All of us have worn on each other’s psyches at times. That’s the history of the group.”
Old 10-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The big mistake was not kicking her out whe she refused to do a new album with Fleetwood Mac. They really don’t need the money.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They said he wanted to delay it a whole year rather than four months. Also, they make it sound like he outright refused to compromise, outright refused to agree to their timeline, when we know that's not the case.

Sorry, they still lied.

If they wanted to be truthful about "scheduling issues" they would have said: "he asked for four months. We said no. He accepted that and tried to find another way so that Fleetwood Mac could tour on the timeline we wanted."

Of course, that wouldn't make Lindsey sound unreasonable, and wouldn't make him look bad, so they had to "massage" the truth.

I really hope that even if you support Stevie, you aren't supportive of deceit.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Nice try, but Lindsey did mention this to the RS reporter, who is David Fricke by the way. These "gotcha" attempts on behalf of the Stevie brigade are fun though. The band did not tell the "whole truth", that's where the lying comes in. Even if the firing was justified as you claim, they still owed Lindsey a response. Pretty unclassy behavior on their part.

Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”

But he insists that Fleetwood Mac always “came first. And I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired. We have all done things that were not constructive. All of us have worn on each other’s psyches at times. That’s the history of the group.”
All, missed it in the RS article.

But my point is many of the fans refused to believe he ever wanted to delay at all.

The band was being smart not to communicate. I doubt they are surprised by this action.