User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
For those who may follow KB, someone showed me this...

So cool to have that job...any kind of job with drawing involves would probably be somewhat enjoyable.

Also, found this and it was recently posted. I'm not sure if this is new stuff or old, I've actually forgotten, but there's certainly a lot of great pieces going on here.
That job description is hilarious! What does Kristen do??
Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Kristen's style, although I am a bit more minimalist than she is. That hutch in the last picture was really neat.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Got to say the house is stunning. Very nicely done. As stated very European.

I like the Union Jack in Will's bedroom lol.

But we need a pic of Lindsey's studio dammit !
Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reminds me of TITN, don't know why
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For anyone who follows her, Kristen's site has been updated and apparently there will be a showroom opening of her store on June 1st. So those of you who dig her stuff and live in that area...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Registered

Quote:
For anyone who follows her, Kristen's site has been updated and apparently there will be a showroom opening of her store on June 1st. So those of you who dig her stuff and live in that area...
This could be ripe for all sorts of unintentional comedy- I may have to go down to LA to see this/interact with her myself!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how the showroom opening went. I didn't see the original L. A. Times article last year, so I don't know what picture they refer to, but when it says below that Kristen's client wanted a desk that three children could work at I had to laugh. What do you want to bet that her "client" was herself?

Los Angeles Times, March 7, 2009

Section: Home

SPECIAL ISSUE: THE HOME OFFICE
Please step into my 'unoffice'

David A. Keeps

The Home section asked for the clever, the cool, the unconventional -- and we got it. Senor Amor and Jonona, partners in the interiors firm Jonamor Decor, submitted their design for professional drag queen Jackie Beat. "My collection of memorabilia from the movie 'Carrie' was so extensive, and meant so much to me, that I wanted to dedicate an entire room to it," Beat said of her Highland Park home office, below.

Interior designer Guy Blume carved out his loft work space in downtown L.A. by fashioning a screen from three art-store canvas panels, each 7 1/2 feet by 2 feet, right. He hand-painted the design, which he describes as "in the mood of Picasso with a 1950s vibe."

The top photo on Page 1 shows the design of Kristen Buckingham, whose clients wanted a study with desks (library tables, actually) large enough for three kids to share. The result would work well for moms and dads too. More designs are in the "unoffice" photo gallery at latimes.com/home.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kristen is selling some of her products like the Lee Lee chair and the Stella chair.

I wonder when we will be able to buy the Lindsey bed.

Last edited by michelej1; 07-03-2010 at 02:44 PM..
Old 07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

She sure is creative at spending Daddy Buckingham's coinage! I wonder how much her designer phase is setting him back a month?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She sure is creative at spending Daddy Buckingham's coinage! I wonder how much her designer phase is setting him back a month?
But if she sells a lot of stuff, she might be making money. She might be the family's main breadwinner.

Michele
Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Kristen is selling some of her products like the Lee Lee chair and the Stella chair.

I wonder when we will be able to buy the Lindsey bed.
I just hate that she discontinued the Stevie - I mean - "Crescent" lamp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But if she sells a lot of stuff, she might be making money. She might be the family's main breadwinner.

Michele
LOL! No doubt! Someone's gotta finance Lindsey's tours.

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-03-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Old 07-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The floral print chair is kind of cute. I could work that into my house somewhere...are these on a sale or is she asking thousands for these items? I saw them on her website but does anyone know the actual prices? I'm not saying I am going to buy one but I'd like to see how much her work is valued at...just curious.

I think it's sweet that Lindsey supports her dream, though. I'm sure it's mutual, as she probably sits through all 7,000 variations of each of his newer songs. She does her part I'm sure, though I can only picture Lindsey going over fabric patterns and wallpaper designs with her. All those years of being the macho male have been sucked away. Now he lives and breathes girly everything in his home. Poor him, poor William.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All those years of being the macho male have been sucked away.
When was he ever macho? There are points when he was the girliest person in the band.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The floral print chair is kind of cute. I could work that into my house somewhere...are these on a sale or is she asking thousands for these items? I saw them on her website but does anyone know the actual prices? I'm not saying I am going to buy one but I'd like to see how much her work is valued at...just curious.

I didn't see the prices for them either. I wondered if the chairs had anything to do with the girls' personalities. The one with the wooden legs is Stella's chair, yet it is one you'd associate with an older, more refined woman. It seems both feminine, but repressed instead of girlish.

The Lee Lee chair is padded and comfy. I cut sit in there with my legs pulled up and feel relaxed.

Michele
Old 07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
When was he ever macho? There are points when he was the girliest person in the band.
Lindsey's very feminine. Aside from his voice, lush background arrangements and his mannerisms, there are little things . . . In CAH's book when she talked about him buying her that kitten I was thinking, "Yeah, that kitty cat was for him." Then she talked about naming that cat and Lindsey was like, "It's yours and you can name it anything you want, but . . . " And I was thinking he probably had a name all picked out himself.

Or I just think little things are cute for the Tusk photo shoot when the photographer is trying to fluff Christine's limp hair up and both Stevie and Lindsey reach out to tease up Chris' hair.

Or the pretend skating that he and Stevie were doing, not really on the Unleashed tour, but in that clip from the old days. It's very sweet. He looked like the kind of guy who, if he was in a good mood, you could get to do anything for you, no matter how girly. Now, when he's in a bad mood, that's a different story.

Michele