User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sheryl was there??
hahahahahaha errrrrrr i mean ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
In that Warren Zevon book, one of the guys said that Lindsey was making something like $400 a week and he asked Lindsey why he was bothering to join FM when he could make that kind of money on the road.

Plus, Stevie said in one of those Australian interviews that she left Lindsey for months, but then ran out of money and had to return and eat crow by asking him to move back into his apartment. If he and Richard paid the rent without Stevie's contribution for months on end, he obviously had some kind of income, whether he earned it from odd musical jobs or got it from his parents or whatever. Well, either he or Richard had income.
That's what I thought. The idea that Nicks did all the drudge work while he sat around & smoked pot comes entirely from Nicks herself.

The only thing I remember Lindsey saying is from one of those very old Robert Morgan radio shows. Lindsey said he tried at one point to sell something or other over the phone -- what we now call telemarketing -- but he wasn't cut out for it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's what I thought. The idea that Nicks did all the drudge work while he sat around & smoked pot comes entirely from Nicks herself.

The only thing I remember Lindsey saying is from one of those very old Robert Morgan radio shows. Lindsey said he tried at one point to sell something or other over the phone -- what we now call telemarketing -- but he wasn't cut out for it.
Yes, in the book on Zevon, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, it was Eddie Ponder, the drummer in Don Everly's band, who said that Lindsey was making $450 a week. When he, Lindsey, Zevon and Paul Uhrig were on the road together. Of course, that gig didn't last long.

Michele
Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope you guys won't take this the wrong way ... but this is the Christine board. Could you take this conversation somewhere else, please?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I hope you guys won't take this the wrong way ... but this is the Christine board. Could you take this conversation somewhere else, please?
You're right, Joanne. Sorry. It's just that with the miniscule amount of Christine conversation in general, I never think about the repercussions of thread drift.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're right, Joanne. Sorry. It's just that with the miniscule amount of Christine conversation in general, I never think about the repercussions of thread drift.
I actually don't mind the drift... to me it's part of the conversation.... let it go where it may.... threads always drift.... I'm just glad to have people with me in the Christine thread...

I get lonely sometimes in here...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I actually don't mind the drift... to me it's part of the conversation.... let it go where it may.... threads always drift.... I'm just glad to have people with me in the Christine thread...

I get lonely sometimes in here...

But, but I spent ages posting more Christine photos in the Perfekt thread and you're ignoring it!
Admittedly, I did say I was the only one here who likes you though
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But, but I spent ages posting more Christine photos in the Perfekt thread and you're ignoring it!
Admittedly, I did say I was the only one here who likes you though
No i didn't ignore them.... I sent them to my friend who wanted them... THANK YOU SO MUCH... THEY'RE AWESOME PHOTOS....

I like you too... all I need is one person to like me... screw the rest!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
The thread did indeed get hijacked. Feel free to start a new one that's on topic.

Michele
Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The thread did indeed get hijacked. Feel free to start a new one that's on topic.

Michele
Yeah, we've come a long way from "Can you believe she said his shirt was stupid?!"

LOL.

Any life in the Christine chatroom is cool with me.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
No i didn't ignore them.... I sent them to my friend who wanted them... THANK YOU SO MUCH... THEY'RE AWESOME PHOTOS....

I like you too... all I need is one person to like me... screw the rest!!!
That's more like it!
But really, I'm just kidding, although if I known they were for your friend! Well, then
Old 07-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
That's more like it!
But really, I'm just kidding, although if I known they were for your friend! Well, then
LOL... they were for me for a friend....

my best friend told me he did something wrong... so i sent him the christine pic with that shirt.... lol...

he totally got the joke...
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Some chicks can get away with it no matter what and CM seemingly is one of them. If La Nicks has said that (which I do not really see her saying) - she'd be eviscerated as a cu*t
Remember that video from the mid-seventies...when an interviewer asked Christine something akin to "What is it like to be a rock and roll sex symbol?" She replied, " I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks." Loved that!!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Gay people know that the "straight" ones who make gay jokes all the time usually end up being gay themselves.
Aint that the Truth!!! Lmaooooo!!!

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Well I'm not sure if she reads this board (doubt it) but if she didn't want to be interviewed before she sure as hell wont now.

Gail
That's my point exactly... You can "Bet Your Sweet Bippy" that if she knows about the 'Ledge' she is most likely to be reading... And with Ken's comments about her... No wonder he has not heard back from Christine or her management about contributing to his book... How many times do we have to have 'Rumours' era rehashed and rewritten... The Horse is dead, Quit Kicking it...

Donnie Wayne ~