User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
for dinner tonight i had some veggie lasagna (best veggie lasagna ever, it had zucchini and eggplant in it) and some sort of chicken pesto type thing.

That's TWO dinners! Chicken pesto is one, veg lasagne the other! Unless they were those tiny frozen snacks they sell in the frozen dinner aisle, then it sounds like together it'd be one dinner.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 PM
carrie721
This message has been deleted by carrie721.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
GAH. I hate plastic cheese. The only way I can eat it without wanting to yak is on a burger from a fast food joint. I think it's because those are already trashy, and no amount of gruyere is going to class them up, so I might as well give in and enjoy my McDouble which has no right being as delicious as it is.

Your lasagna sounds good, though. I love eggplant and zucchini.
yeah, i agree about american cheese applications. although i have one other exception: it is occasionally delicious on grilled cheese. i prefer colby or cheddar, but sometimes you just gotta have that plastic-y goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
That's TWO dinners! Chicken pesto is one, veg lasagne the other! Unless they were those tiny frozen snacks they sell in the frozen dinner aisle, then it sounds like together it'd be one dinner.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT ON HOW MUCH I EAT!!! not to get all z-snap no you di-int on you, but for christ's sake, i didn't say i had two full plates of each. if you really want to know, i had about 4 oz of each, which kept me within my 1800 calorie limit, which still allows me to lose weight because i ran 2.5 miles and biked 8 yesterday. i'm not quite sure i understand the point of your post, other than you wanted to point out that i ate too much, which i truly appreciate. perhaps i should weigh in on your commie cholesterol-fest.

isn't it ironic that you said in this very thread that you are in no position to judge anyone, and then you say this sh*t? you tell homie to eat a burger and shake, but you tell me i had two dinners? what a hypocrite.

Last edited by carrie721; 09-24-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered

^
Good job, Carrie. Don't mind me, I know nothing! Another day on The Ledge, another apology to issue. I'm sorry, Carrie.
4 oz are teeny portions, and it was very healthy, too! I'm glad you're doing so well, it's hard work. You are absolutely correct that it is none of my business, what I meant as levity came across badly. Way badly.
As for the bacon burger and shake comment to Homer-- 5'10" and 135 just worried me, again, none of my business, though I'm happy for him and a bit amazed.
I think everyone should eat and everyone should do as they think best. Hypocrite? Nah. I just contradict myself a lot. I guess it's the same thing, in this case. Maybe, all the time.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-26-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

On the other side of the weight loss sub-topic, I have a question. I've been desperately trying to get some weight onto my mom, who is diabetic, and wouldn't touch sweets, anyway- The insulin 4 times a day* that she takes doesn't work right unless she eats substantially, and she just has no appetite and won't keep doctors appointments made for her. Is there anything anyone knows of that boosts appetite (medical marijuana is not an option) and could put some much-needed weight ON to a 75 year old woman? Thanks.
*when she refuses to eat, per her doctor, she takes no insulin. So, her diabetic numbers can get way off, which inspires her to eat. Usually, we manage to get her to eat to take the insulin, but it's a struggle for her to be hungry, when she isn't.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-24-2010 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^

As for the bacon burger and shake comment to Homer-- 5'10" and 135 just worried me, again, none of my business, though I'm happy for him and a bit amazed.
I'm happy for me, too! And yes, my family even tried to have an "intervention", about 3 months ago! "Enough already, don't lose anymore!" I told them to mind their own business, and I've been stable, for almost 3 months now. I do wanna knock this 5 lbs back off, and I will.

And it's funny about the burger remark. I just left work, and a coworker had a go box, for a friend that didn't show up for lunch. So I just had a mushroom swiss burger, and fries. Actually, I threw the bun away, and only allowed myself half of the fries. It was yummy, though!
Salad tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight for dinner I had carribean rum, rum, peach schnapps, vodka and pear cider. Then danced to the who and thw stones.

Wish me luck for work tomorrow!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Tonight for dinner I had carribean rum, rum, peach schnapps, vodka and pear cider. Then danced to the who and thw stones.

That sounds like my dinners from age 25-40 (well, throw in a cantina taco or two here & there from the happy hour buffets)
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a burger at the new burger joint on campus for a late lunch, so I'll probably just have some oatmeal or something for dinner!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

Yay for nutrinional value! XD

I had a Salad Tortilla Wrap and Lemon Posset. Mmmm....Lemooon *drool*
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grilled tuna with asparagus. It was heavenly.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Grilled tuna with asparagus. It was heavenly.
Jannie, Tuna is the BEST! Haven't had any really since I've been back at school. When I'm at home I make a mean Tuna-Mac (with Macaroni) that I drizzle with some olive oil afterwards. It's fantastic..... and now I really miss it!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some REAL aussie fish and chips.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i had two full plates of each...
what?
I thought you said you were on a diet.
Have I taken things out of context here?

That said, I think there's a donut in the
kitchen calling my name.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Registered

I had pizza. Lots and lots of pizza. With extra cheese. And bacon. And on the side? Breadsticks. Covered in more cheese. And more bacon. And I dipped it all in garlic butter sauce.

It was so good, it made me go like this all around the living room:

Which obviously burnt off a few calories, so I had to replace them by immediately eating more pizza and more breadsticks.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

a tangelo.