Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Jeremy Spencer album

For those who abandoned the Fleetwood Mac Newsgroup, this message has recently been posted:

http://www.bluestownrecords.com/index_e.htm

Welcome to
Bluestown Records
the home to some of Norway ’s absolute best blues artists.

Our story starts in the spring of 2000 with the groundbreaking and very well received release: SPOONFUL OF BLUES – THREE CAR GARAGE.

Since then we have established a strong catalogue and artist roster.
The Bluestown Records artists are all among the hardest working blues artists on the Norwegian Blues scene today.

Ex Fleetwood Mac performer
Jeremy Spencer
In the studio to record new solo album

Juke Joint Studio, Notodden - Norway
11.11 - 20.11 2005

This will be his first blues album since he left Fleetwood Mac in 1971. Spencer is in high spirits and he still makes unbelievable music. His voice and guitar has never sounded better.

The recording session in the fantastic and all analogue Juke Joint Studio in the small town of Notodden , Norway produced 14 new recordings with a mix of both new and older material.

Spencer performed the older blues and rock ‘n’ roll material with smile on his face as a nod and “hello I’m back” to all his fans that have waited all these years for a new release. With the new songs he will surely gather a lot of new fans without losing a single one of the old ones. Jeremy Spencer is authoratively showing the world that he has played his guitar every day for all the time he’s been away, and that he has moved on both musically and as a song writer.

Every track is centered around Spencer’s inventive and clear toned slide guitar and his warm and vibrant singing style. Half way into the mixing period it’s easy to say that the world has not seen the best of Jeremy Spencer yet. His best recordings to date is on its way.

With the Juke Joint Studio recording session the guitar legend is finishing what he started when he decided to return to the stage and play the well famed Notodden Blues Festival last August. Jeremy Spencer thrilled the Notodden audience for three days with stunning performances. The Norwegian media all raved about the strong return of the original Fleetwood Mac guitarist. With the new cd they will be in for another big surprise.

Spencer’s enthusiasm for the recording project is clearly shown in his statement to the local press: “I have totally extremely enjoyed it.”

Please keep coming back to this site for more updates on Jeremy Spencer’s new cd as the project moves along.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting that Wouter!
Very good news indeed - been a long since his days with Fleetwood Mac and hopefully he is now a little more comfortable with his abilities. It was just frustrating, especially on the studio sessions, that he would not push himself or contribute more to the sessions.
When you hear him on some of the live bootlegs, especially from the first American tour, you get a real sense of just what he was capable of.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe the cows just came home! This is incredible, indeed. Now if only Danny could pull himself together...
Old 02-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this update on Jeremy's upcoming album, Wouter. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Would be great if Greeny could make a guest appearance. After all, he lives in Sweden,
quite close!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
Would be great if Greeny could make a guest appearance. After all, he lives in Sweden,
quite close!
I doubt if Jeremy would agree to that. I mean, he has been rather reluctant on his performing beside Greeny, kind of felt pushed aside (musically speaking). On the other hand, maybe he has left aside his feelings of minority....
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The new album is called "Precious Little" and there will be a release concert at the "Muddy Waters Club" in Oslo tonight (20th of February). The record company says that the style of record will be Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Mark Knopfler and Ry Cooder.

Jeremy will also appear on TV tomorrow morning, and I'll have to try to copy it!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, the first single is called "Maria de Santiago" .. I suppose it is the same as the beautiful instrumental from the "Gaia" CD.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any links as to where the album can be ordered? Neither CDUniverse nor Amazon.com have it listed yet.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Yeah, PLEASE post a link to a site that's selling it Dansven (if you come across one) AND if you can, please post the TV appearance via http://megaupload.com/ so we can save it to our DVD's as well.

John
Old 02-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry I have been absent...

I did copy the TV appearance, it was a short interview and then they performed the song "Maria de Santiago", and it is the same as the one on Gaia, but with lyrics! A very beautiful song! I did a fairly good VHS copy of it (not excellent, I'm afraid). But John, I must admit I don't have the knowledge about this megaupload.com

I suppose you can buy the CD at the bluestownrecords web site, or at the Norwegian music store www.platekompaniet.no

Daniel
Old 02-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven

I did copy the TV appearance, it was a short interview and then they performed the song "Maria de Santiago", and it is the same as the one on Gaia, but with lyrics! A very beautiful song! I did a fairly good VHS copy of it (not excellent, I'm afraid). But John, I must admit I don't have the knowledge about this megaupload.com

I suppose you can buy the CD at the bluestownrecords web site, or at the Norwegian music store www.platekompaniet.no

Daniel
thanks for the update daniel! a new jeremy spencer blues record - i didn't think i would ever see this day.

the bluestown rec site , http://www.bluestownrecords.com/index_e.htm, has updated info about the record and the promo show at the muddy waters club.

zero
Old 02-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven

Daniel
It would be nice if someone could help him.....
Old 03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Want to buy the new Jeremy Spencer CD?

Go to this site to order:

www.Bluestownrecords.com/order.htm

The record company have now made a step by step guid to order/ship cd's worldwide.

Best regrards
Morten G
Bluestown Records