User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2021, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
who thought that? did you read the lawsuit? it's pretty straightforward.

they were all bluster basking in their lies (see you in court!!) as long as it was not legal and they were not actually in court. then they had no leg to stand on. remember, they broke the contract, all of them (including IA) and they knew they were lucky if he doesn't completely decide to take them to the cleaners. that's why they settled.

and apparently he would have been happy to take all that dirty laundry that he's been airing recently to the court. imagine the spectacle!
In all fairness, both parties settled- the band and Lindsey. Win-win for both of them- the band didn’t want him and were apparently happy to settle in order to end the lawsuit quickly, and he got the money he would have gotten if he had toured with them. It was one of the fastest lawsuits I’d ever seen.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
2012 was the In Your Dreams tour, but the 2011 leg of the In Your Dreams Tour did end 7 months before the 2012 leg started so it kind of was starting a tour.
But it wasn’t a new tour, it was a continuation of an existing tour, just like the Shaking The Cage (TITN) tour.

Quote:
You're right that her solo career is viable. But if she's going to say that FM is a team and she's not the boss, Mick, John, and Lindsey wanted to tour in 2012 and she didn't want to tour for another year.
She first said that in Rolling Stone in 2017.

However, I think they were a lot further along in the planning in 2017 than in 2012. Plus, it was five years later, John had had a cancer scare, and Christine was back. John (the oldest at the time) would have been 66 at the start of a 2012 tour, Christine (the oldest) was 75 at the start of the 2017 tour. The situations were very different.

Quote:
Were you surprised they settled with Lindsey given they thought they had a good defense to the charges he made? I guess since the judge didn't dismiss Lindsey's suit they (the lawyers) thought better to settle
It was probably cheaper to settle than continue paying expensive lawyers, especially since we don’t know the amount of the settlement.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
he got the money he would have gotten if he had toured with them.
I don't think that's true. If that's true, then the band lost.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I respect that about him. I also respect that about the two guys who took over for him.

Other than to pad ticket sales, without the possibility of new music, I don’t get why they brought on Neil and Mike instead of bringing back Billy and Rick.
I think FM thought they had already been down that road with Billy and Rick, and wanted something different. I also suspect Rick would have said no even if he had been asked- I don’t know why I feel that way, Rick has always been respectful of his time with FM but I think he might subscribe to the philosophy “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” I believe FM didn’t include Rick or Billy when they were inducted in the RRHOF. And Billy had his heart surgery shortly after Neil and Mike joined, but thankfully he seems to have recovered.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She first said that in Rolling Stone in 2017.
She knows she's the boss in Fleetwood Mac. I say change it to Fleetwood Mac Nicks.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think FM thought they had already been down that road with Billy and Rick, and wanted something different. I also suspect Rick would have said no even if he had been asked- I don’t know why I feel that way, Rick has always been respectful of his time with FM but I think he might subscribe to the philosophy “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.”
I think it was in a Peter Green tribute video that came out in Summer 2020 that Rick said he and Mick had a falling out in 2016. (seems like over the stuff you see on Rick's twitter account)
They healed when Mick asked Rick to be in the house band in the London tribute.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She knows she's the boss in Fleetwood Mac. I say change it to Fleetwood Mac Nicks.
I say that since they’re not doing anymore tours anyway, I’d rather see Mick, John, Christine, Neil, and Mike make an album and hit the festival circuit. No Stevie, no Lindsey, no band getting caught in the middle or sidelined because of their drama. Just music.

However, to put the dagger in the heart (it will never happen, BTW), I’d revamp the mini-Mac. My version would have Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Scott Thurston, and Charlie and Hattie Webb. “Sorry, Stevie. Shouldn’t have ghosted us.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2021, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I say that since they’re not doing anymore tours anyway, I’d rather see Mick, John, Christine, Neil, and Mike make an album and hit the festival circuit. No Stevie, no Lindsey, no band getting caught in the middle or sidelined because of their drama. Just music.

However, to put the dagger in the heart (it will never happen, BTW), I’d revamp the mini-Mac. My version would have Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Scott Thurston, and Charlie and Hattie Webb. “Sorry, Stevie. Shouldn’t have ghosted us.”
Webb Sisters over Sharon and Marilyn Martin?

Why no Ron Blair?

I'd see that festival circuit show. Even see it at The Forum!
Old 12-08-2021, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think FM thought they had already been down that road with Billy and Rick, and wanted something different. I also suspect Rick would have said no even if he had been asked- I don’t know why I feel that way, Rick has always been respectful of his time with FM but I think he might subscribe to the philosophy “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” I believe FM didn’t include Rick or Billy when they were inducted in the RRHOF. And Billy had his heart surgery shortly after Neil and Mike joined, but thankfully he seems to have recovered.
Billy posted a huge rant on FB when he found out they weren't asking him and Rick back into the fold. I'd give anything if I'd screen shot it. Of course he deleted it fairly quickly.

I think Rick would've gone back. Someone told me that they thought Rick was an ass or something(I actually now believe it was over his politics- I don't know his politics, because they're none of my business). I've gone and seen him at a blues club in Nashville a couple times, and he seems awesome. He hangs out in the alley(Printer's Alley) when the band is on break, just like a regular guy. He's even shared pics of him and the band that I've taken, the next morning.

That said, Neil and Mike are bigger names than Rick and Billy. Maybe Old I'm Not The Boss was afraid people wouldn't fill the seats for just her and her massive ego?
Old 12-08-2021, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Webb Sisters over Sharon and Marilyn Martin?
Sharon and Marilyn are Stevie’s backup singers.

Quote:
Why no Ron Blair?
Because John’s still alive.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2021, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Because John’s still alive.
Thank the Lord for that!

When I read mini-Mac, I was thinking mini-Mac in terms of the mini band playing behind FM. Like the one with Genesis right now.

I'd love a John tour, but like Chris said earlier this year, John's done touring.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also suspect Rick would have said no even if he had been asked- I don’t know why I feel that way, Rick has always been respectful of his time with FM but I think he might subscribe to the philosophy “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.”
Rick’s been part of the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band for years, was part of the core band at Mick’s Peter Green tribute, and did that remake of “These Strange Times” last year. Rick absolutely would have done the tour. He’s not a household name and arena tour money is pretty great.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2021, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I read mini-Mac, I was thinking mini-Mac in terms of the mini band playing behind FM. Like the one with Genesis right now.
That is what I meant. Instead of Taku, Neale, Ricky, Sharon, and Marilyn, they’d have Steve, Scott, Benmont, and the Webb Sisters, respectively.

Quote:
I'd love a John tour, but like Chris said earlier this year, John's done touring.
Mike said that there wasn’t going to be another big tour, but that they’d still do festivals and other performances. In my scenario, they’re not touring, just playing the festival circuit. And it would be…heartbreaking…for Stevie that she chose to not be part of the studio album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mike said that there wasn’t going to be another big tour, but that they’d still do festivals and other performances. In my scenario, they’re not touring, just playing the festival circuit. And it would be…heartbreaking…for Stevie that she chose to not be part of the studio album.
Did Mike say that after Christine's comments this year?

Stevie would be headlining the very festivals mini-Mac would be playing
Old 12-09-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
who thought that? did you read the lawsuit? it's pretty straightforward.

they were all bluster basking in their lies (see you in court!!) as long as it was not legal and they were not actually in court. then they had no leg to stand on. remember, they broke the contract, all of them (including IA) and they knew they were lucky if he doesn't completely decide to take them to the cleaners. that's why they settled.

and apparently he would have been happy to take all that dirty laundry that he's been airing recently to the court. imagine the spectacle!
I need to re-read this Elle. Where can I find it?