Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Single Ticket Ravinia

Hello everyone. I just listed a single ticket on Stubhub for Stevie's show at Ravinia (Highland Park, Il) on Sunday Sept 10th. Upper Center, DD42, Gate 5. The seat is the second one off the aisle. Listed for $170. Not looking to profit--I paid $152. After fees are taken out I'll recoup the purchase price if it sells.
Thanks for looking.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Ravinia 9/10/17

I'll post my review tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'll post my review tomorrow.
Thx so much! I am interested in Moonlight and story she told after it. Hope a video surfaces somewhere. Hope u had a great time!!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The wine and cheese crowd must have heard my complaints cause last night the audience had more pep. Still not the usual reception she gets but much better. She was more lively too so I know the saturday night audience was a drain on her and the bands energy. And a test of my patience!

My notes from last night are written on napkins so bear with me.
On her first story she had to start over but I don't remember much of what it was. The lady behind me wanted to know when she "started" FM so I was dealing with that.
Ravinia: A unique venue--sounds like something from Game of Thrones. She wanted a broom to fly over everyone on the lawn having a candlelight picnic--seemed enamored with this. Wouldn't be surprised if she comes back!
Belle Fleur: she told Jimmy she hated the way it was recorded so it went in the vault. The Toyota story and how much they loved that little car. It was like that commercial--we loved Brad. She sounded exactly like the commercial and everyone cracked up.
Wild Heart: writing WH songs while recording Mirage, then had to go on tour for Mirage "which was a fairly long tour" What??
Starshine: she told the Tom Petty story.
Landslide: dedicated to "my first love Steve Dahl" who was in the audience. Not sure of name spelling but it sounded like doll. She lived in the house with a few guys from South Africa and her friend and the poodle. The guys had jobs and money so they went out to dinner and she stayed behind to write the song. Lindsey was off being an Everly brother, etc.
Band intro: another drummer they had for a short time was airlifted to Cedar Sinai so they got together with MusiCares and Taylor Hawkins suggested this guy (Drew Hester). I goofed yesterday and thought it was Scott Crago.
Rhiannon: she flubbed the lyrics somewhere in the first few lines but I doubt if anyone noticed.

More in a bit
Old 09-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I attended both nights as well. Saturday was definitely the subscriber crowd. I was in the fifth row on Waddy's side and was told by security that I could only take photos with my cellphone. Say what? Super annoying. From five rows back my photos on the cell are not good, so I'm not bothering posting them. I did stand for about four or five of the songs towards the end. She did sound really good, but between the crowd and her concern about the hurricane it was a bit somber.

Sunday's show was much better. I think a lot of the subscribers sold their tickets as it seemed there were way more fans in the pavilion audience. I had front row on the side by Sharon and Marilyn and stood for most of the show. Security seemed to lighten up too as I was "allowed" to use my point and shoot camera. Stevie seemed to accept the fact that this venue was mostly people drinking on the lawn and eating. She said she was sad that she couldn't see the people on the lawn with their candelabra's set up! There were some pretty fancy spreads on the lawn that I saw!

Photos from Sunday here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GXY1fOE5wQq8EsSm1
Old 09-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My pictures didn't turn out as well as I hoped
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04214.JPG (87.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04228.JPG (64.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04244.JPG (64.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04295.JPG (87.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04310.JPG (79.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Picking top where I left off-

She talked about getting together and figuring out how to help hurricane victims. She talked about Prince in his purple camaro, etc, etc and then she said this:
She has cassette tapes of her 4 hour long phone conversations with Prince. She taped all of their conversations--just her side but she has them!!!!! Oh dear God can you imagine?! Prince was worried about her cause she did a lot of drugs (audience cheers). Somewhere in the Moonlight/Prince talking she said something about how when they used to do this song (moonlight) it was about Katrina and it's still about that but it's now about him too. It was hard to follow.

Standback: she did a high kick at the end! I didn't have my camera ready and probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway but damn! Crowd roared--it was great.

She explained joining FM on New Years Day 1975 and I whipped around to the lady behind me who was like holy **** cause I told her about the dinner with Mick, John and Chris on New Years Eve.
During her closing remarks she enthusiastically thanked everyone for being an awesome audience x5. She had to be grateful for the energy compared to the other show.
This is my last 24 Karat show. Whoever goes to the rest of these shows--enjoy!
Old 09-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice pictures Erin! Stevie sounded good and strong both nights. I wonder how she sounded to the folks out on the lawn. Maybe they didn't hear her over clinking glasses, lol. I saw some elaborate tables too. I talked to a guy on the way back to my car and he loved the show. His girlfriend wanted to hear Sara.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Landslide: dedicated to "my first love Steve Dahl" who was in the audience. Not sure of name spelling but it sounded like doll
I thought her first true love was David Young, or maybe that was just her first boyfriend. It's hard to keep track of all of the men in her life. (cue "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Stevie Nicks and the circle of life

Good music makes you nod your head and tap your feet. It can be as simple as a guitar, piano, violin or a drum beat. Great music is deeper. It makes you relate to it. It brings back memories of your past. It reaches you. It makes you feel....good or bad. It gets down into your soul.

Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love
And is it over now do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home.

The above lyrics are from Fleetwood Mac's "Gold Dust Woman", written by Stevie Nicks. The song appeared on their "Rumors" album in 1977...forty years ago. The album detailed the breakdown of personal relationships within the band.

When I heard the song played live last Sunday, during Nick's concert, at Ravinia, it brought me back to almost every relationship in my life. Every. Single. One. I imagine a lot of the concert-goers were thinking the same thing. It's not easy but we move on. We pick up the pieces. We go home. Circle of life.

The concert was coming to an end. The final song was another Fleetwood Mac classic, "Landslide". As the song was playing, I was standing next to two women. A mother and her adult daughter. As these lyrics were being sung, they were hugging and there were tears in the daughter's eyes...

Well, I've been afraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too

Circle of life crap isn't easy and it's not supposed to be. You could feel it just by looking at these two women and picturing their lives. It made me think of my daughters and how they've moved on to new lives. I know we weren't the only ones. I've been singing this lyric in my head for two days. Stevie Nicks wrote this song when she was in her early twenties. She's now sixty-nine. I'm just a bit behind her. Yep, the children did get older...and we got older, too.

Yep, great music gets you into your soul.

http://www.chicagonow.com/hippy-shak...ircle-of-life/
Old 09-21-2017, 08:04 AM

The Highland Park Landmark has published another articles with photos but you have to subscribe to read: http://www.hplandmark.com/photos-nic...rmance-ravinia