Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRode
But anyway, you're just extrapolating on my point that Irving, who was presumably contractually obliged to represent the best interests of his client Lindsey, may not have been doing so in connection with the matter of this FM tour. In which case, there would be questions of legal liability and professional standards/ethics violations.
To which he could argue that Lindsey breached his contract by going out of his way to hurt something he was heavily invested in.

To which Azoff could counter that Buckingham breached the contract by talking down the show. We’re not industry lawyers, so none of us know. I just know I thought he was in trouble when I heard him say that.
Wow. The degree to which you have blown up that comment is mind-boggling.

Now it's so horrific that a manager is no longer legally obliged to represent his client to the best of his ability, despite happily taking a percentage of that naughty client's money? He is allowed to secretly not provide a service which he is telling his client he is providing, and is accepting money to provide? He's allowed to commit fraud?

Wow. Just wow.

I don't have to be an industry lawyer to see the flaws in that logic.

Irving Azoff is not that foolish or petty. He went with the money. The money was with Stevie.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-26-2018 at 01:37 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Really? Is it any less ridiculous than issuing an ultimatum to fire Lindsey over a smirk?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Now it's so horrific that a manager is no longer legally obliged to represent his client to the best of his ability, despite happily taking a percentage of that naughty client's money? He is allowed to secretly not provide a service which he is telling his client he is providing, and is accepting money to provide? He's allowed to commit fraud?

Wow. Just wow.

I don't have to be an industry lawyer to see the flaws in that logic.

Irving Azoff is not that foolish or petty. He went with the money. The money was with Stevie.
This comment. 100%. Especially the last line.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? Is it any less ridiculous than issuing an ultimatum to fire Lindsey over a smirk?
He wasn't fired over a smirk. Stevie had a list of things that annoyed her and that was one of them. He was fired because Stevie decided she didn't want to tour with him anymore and Irv Azoff isn't going to lose the money that comes with losing Stevie. That is why he was fired.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey already told us the answer. THEY LOST THEIR PERSPECTIVE!!! Money and not wanting to work through their problems, themselves, without all the other Jane and John Does getting involved.

#Team Lindsey!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:05 PM
ali101
This message has been deleted by ali101.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
The fact that his manager is none other than Irving Azoff has been a cause of head-scratching and theorizing. For example, you could go with the theory that it was Irving who played a big role in dropping Lindsey, because (i) Irving is very well-off and doesn't need Lindsey for his solo career, (ii) Irving was annoyed that Lindsey wasn't happily towing the line regarding his vision for FM as a Classic Hits touring machine, (iii) Irving was convinced by Stevie's camp that they could swap out Lindsey for "Mike plus one" and most people wouldn't care too much."

I would agree that Azoff may have had more than a hand in this process. It would appear from his dealings and lawsuits that he likes the upper hand at all times. Lindseys comment regarding Classic West was a massive mistake and created negative publicity, and as you rightly mention wasn’t particularly subscribing to the “classic hits touring machine”
The Mac money machine has a short lease of life, nearing the end of the road but heading into stadiums massively increases the pay day and Azoff was fully aware of the differences in opinion regarding touring, recording etc on top of the preexisting conflicts and the loss of “perspective”
A kicking and screaming fallout attached to a media fed lawsuit advertises both FM & LB tours and an LB back catalogue a whole lot more than Lindsey going awol from either band or tour and drifting into his studio to redefine his creativity towards a less compliant vision of making money. Just because Azoff has a fortune doesn’t stop him from wanting to make money. Au contraire - c’est sa raison d’etre.
Media articles and reviews mention that you can go see the Mac perform a Lindseyless GYOW and also a solo LB perform a Macless GYOW so it’s all publicity, top drawer gossip and money all the way. The last time he was absent from the band they played stadiums. In 1990 they played at Wembley Stadium and now they are going back. The European leg of this incarnation so far is a 3 date moneymaker. Coincidence?

There are more layers to the break up than a onion.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. He’s not losing a night’s sleep, could singularly bury Lindsey’s case, could easily get the band out of a jam, and will still have his firm book gigs for Lindsey. What? We weren’t supposed to notice that Live Nation is still in charge of Lindsey’s gigs?

Just enjoy the music.
He's playing AEG venues this tour.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I cant believe they are performing his songs on this tour.
It's egregious. I might understand if it were only "Go Your Own Way" but to play the others after firing him is ridiculous. Would the audience really go home disappointed for not hearing "Second Hand News"?
Old 11-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They used Don’t Let Me Down Again to send a message before, a song no one even knew.

If they really wanted to rub Lindsey’s nose in it, they would perform a hot version of NGBA, something that he is physically incapable of doing now, in his dotage.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They used Don’t Let Me Down Again to send a message before, a song no one even knew.
When was that?
Old 11-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
When was that?
In 1987.

Michele
Old 11-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, with Neil Finn posting about new FM music in the works, I wonder what this does to the “contract players” part of Lindsey’s complaint.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, with Neil Finn posting about new FM music in the works, I wonder what this does to the “contract players” part of Lindsey’s complaint.
I'm not sure from that ambiguous clip we can infer anything real about 'new FM music'. It's not clear on that clip, to me, whether he was being serious or making a joke, given that it was a couple seconds long, it was weird electronic robotic noise, and he was in a big bathrobe and swimming goggles.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm not sure from that ambiguous clip we can infer anything real about 'new FM music'. It's not clear on that clip, to me, whether he was being serious or making a joke, given that it was a couple seconds long, it was weird electronic robotic noise, and he was in a big bathrobe and swimming goggles.
That’s not even weird by Fleetwood Mac standards.

THE Stephen Hopkins