The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Sunrise and Tampa Review (including the shocking Tampa moment!)

Wow! Where to begin?! First off, I had a blast meeting everyone…..Brian, Amanda, and Yvonne (Enchanted Mailing List) Joy and Karen (Micks Board) Pattie and Laura (Ledgie). I arrived at the Sunrise concert a little before eight after waiting a while in the damn will call line for my second row seat….At around 8:15, the crickets started chirping, and the lights dimmed. Before I knew it, the opening beats of ‘The Chain’ echoed throughout the arena. Lindsey looked in top form, while Stevie looked a little tired. Nothing extraordinarily new happened during the show…but there are some details….

Landslide was dedicated to “Mary and Mariel and to all of you!” After the song, Lindsey hugged Stevie, but she resisted the hug. (Just wait till I get to what happened in Tampa!)

Stevie especially rocked on Rhiannon, getting into the “silly dreamer” vocals at the end, and “Beautiful Child” was amazing! For those of you who are missing the shows….it is a big mistake!! Lindsey was the highlight of the night with an AMAZING performance of “Come”.

As far as my second row experience, I got to chat with Lindsey quite a few times…talking about his guitar solos. He is an amazing person, real down to earth. During “Tusk” I jumped up to the First row, and saw him do the “shark circling” to Stevie. Then came the surprise of my life. During the end solo of “Go Your Own Way”, Lindsey plopped himself right in front of me and let me play his guitar!!!! He later signed my BuckinghamNicks album.

The next morning we drove to Tampa…and the show was pretty much the same…Stevie looked REALLY tired, and then the infamous moment happened!!! During “Tusk” Lindsey goes to head-but John, and Stevie runs across the stage to Lindsey’s side. After Lindsey realizes Stevie left, he RAN to her and got down on his knees. From my fourth row Tampa seat, I saw her mouth “NO! STAY AWAY!” And she ran back to her side!!!

I’m wondering whats the deal between them? One minute they are snuggly, but in Florida I guess the heat got to Stevie!

Those are my condensed reviews!

~Alex

Last edited by greatdarkwing; 06-09-2003 at 12:52 PM..
Old 06-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My Sunrise and Tampa Review (including the shocking Tampa moment!)

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing

As far as my second row experience, I got to chat with Lindsey quite a few times…talking about his guitar solos. He is an amazing person, real down to earth. During “Tusk” I jumped up to the First row, and saw him do the “shark circling” to Stevie. Then came the surprise of my life. During the end solo of “Go Your Own Way”, Lindsey plopped himself right in front of me and let me play his guitar!!!! He later signed my BuckinghamNicks album.
WOW!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The next morning we drove to Tampa…and the show was pretty much the same…Stevie looked REALLY tired, and then the infamous moment happened!!! During “Tusk” Lindsey goes to head-but John, and Stevie runs across the stage to Lindsey’s side. After Lindsey realizes Stevie left, he RAN to her and got down on his knees. From my fourth row Tampa seat, I saw her mouth “NO! STAY AWAY!” And she ran back to her side!!!

I’m wondering whats the deal between them? One minute they are snuggly, but in Florida I guess the heat got to Stevie!

Woah!
Old 06-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow that is crazy between B/N...

Thanks for sharing!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Ledgie

Default It's just show business

They are role playing for people obsessed with their relationship. They have time to fight on the 727, they would never do it on stage at this point in their careers.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: It's just show business

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffs
They are role playing for people obsessed with their relationship. They have time to fight on the 727, they would never do it on stage at this point in their careers.
well, after following them to 3 shows in one week, and seeing the way they HAVE done Tusk, I would not be so sure about that...

She has been grinning her little ears off during that moment the past week, and now she's running? Hmm....

Timeless in your finery....
Old 06-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m wondering whats the deal between them?
I think its all part of their love/hate relationship which is perfectly normal.

Thanks for the reviews and congratulations on getting your BN album signed and playing Linds guitar!! WOOHOO!

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey is consistent, his behavior never seems to change - it is Stevie who seems to be on some strange emtional roller coaster. I am still sure they are just doing it for the entertainment factor. My deep down impression is Lindsey has had it with her - just my opinion - though he would not let that change his onstage behavior. If you read some of the articles that have come out recently real closely you can't help but get the impression he thinks she is an ingrateful spoiled brat.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you read some of the articles that have come out recently real closely you can't help but get the impression he thinks she is an ingrateful spoiled brat.
Ouch! That was not a nice comment. I take it your not a Stevie fan? I mean we all know the history between these two so a little "non-loving" attitude is really no big deal. Part of the love-hate thing, but to put it all on one is not right. I am sure Lindsey is not the easiest person either, as they are all set in their ways. I am sure its like that for all of them.

But thanks for your comments, though it made me cringe.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is consistent, his behavior never seems to change - it is Stevie who seems to be on some strange emtional roller coaster. I am still sure they are just doing it for the entertainment factor. My deep down impression is Lindsey has had it with her - just my opinion - though he would not let that change his onstage behavior. If you read some of the articles that have come out recently real closely you can't help but get the impression he thinks she is an ingrateful spoiled brat.
I do not believe it's for the entertainment factor at all. We can all sit here and say there's something going on or there's nothing going on. The fact of the matter remains, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors! If they were fighting before they went on stage, do you think they're just going to NOT have that translate into their performance?? ESPECIALLY when some of the songs they sing are in relation to each other??? You can't just drop everything and then walk on stage. That's like, impossible. Especially for those two. I'm not saying there's anything going on and i'm not saying that there isn't. I'm just saying we can speculate either side til' the cows come home and one factor still remains the same...we will NEVER know.

PS- Jeffs..what part of Jersey are you from?? GO DEVILS!!! WOO WOO!! (they better win..they've been embarassing me!)
Old 06-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Ledgie

It looks like it is business as usual with Ms Nicks and Mr Buckingham!

Oh to be a fly on the wall! I'd say there is still plenty going on between those two.

Aine x

--
Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)
Old 06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

If I was Stevie, I would be afraid of getting caught up in his guitar cord and would tell him to stay away too. The guy is a maniac during that part of the song.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMacAttack
If I was Stevie, I would be afraid of getting caught up in his guitar cord and would tell him to stay away too. The guy is a maniac during that part of the song.
I feel that.

How many people LIKE getting run into anyway?

Well, maybe I'd let LB run into me. Once.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie... seems to be on some strange emtional roller coaster.
It's called menopause!

My mother and her three sisters are all between 50-56 years old, so if the men of Fleetwood Mac have "had it" with Stevie because of her alleged moodiness, they should try being around FOUR menopausal women, and all the mood-swings, hot-flashes, and seemingly erratic behaviour that goes with the territory!

At any rate... and no offense meant to anyone... but I take all of these stories with a grain of salt.
One fan will say, "Stevie looked angry and upset with Lindsey as he came towards her," while another fan at the same show will say, "Stevie was very playful, and jovially feigned surprise at Lindsey's antics."
So there ya go.

But all of that just adds to Fleetwood Mac's (and especially Lindsey and Stevie's) mystique. Fans tend to project their own feelings and experiences onto these people, as well as our own opinions regarding the various members.

Our perceptions color how we see and interpet things.
That much should be apparent by now!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
ummm, OUCH is right. Cutting Lindsey slack and putting it all on Stevie... kinda shows light that you aren't a Stevie fan there...

Timeless in your finery....