Hey - wait a minute - sorry I just could not

Don't you mean former lesbians?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Don't you mean former lesbians?

Cant keep em straight!

PS - Lindsey, Im brunette if you change your mind... however am MARRIED too, ah oh-well Im no fun I guess LOL!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no way Come is ONLY about Anne Heche.....I think it's about many different people, rolled into one song...(Stevie-style.)

Old 06-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith

Hmmmm......no wonder there's no backing vocals from Miss Nicks on it. It hits a little tooooooo close to home for her, methinks!

!

-Sharon

I thought I heard somewhere that Stevie thought the song was "dirty" and was disgusted by it (whether she was the topic, or not). She certainly high-tails it off the stage when it is time for this song. It's like she can't get off the stage fast enough!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 06-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
I thought I heard somewhere that Stevie thought the song was "dirty" and was disgusted by it (whether she was the topic, or not). She certainly high-tails it off the stage when it is time for this song. It's like she can't get off the stage fast enough!
"You're right Lindsey....*sigh*...no, nobody else is doing it"

LMAO!!!! I think she secretly likes the song
Old 06-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
he's not going to openly admit to that unless he wants a reebok platform shoved up his ass. He's a smart man for that.

Priceless. Perhaps the tambourine first, then the platform, then whatever else Stevie could grab. She'd be headed for Mick's bongo drum as security carted her away !
Old 06-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Curse of Anne Heche Lafoon!
I just finally finished the Come interpretation!
I don't know if I can stomach having to rework it to fashion in this particular revalation!
Please head to the Lyric Interp board now to have your say if you think it needs ammending.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
Seriously, I used to think the same about Lafoonie until I read her book. I see her very differently now...I see where she was coming from and she seems quite intelligent being able to figure out everything about the past and trying to get over it. I admire her for working hard to overcome her demons.
Well, glitter_fades, I seem to recall either reading an excerpt of this book, or maybe it was just the babawawa interview that sticks in my head...either way, there is some background info in my brain somewhere about all of this.

It is fascinating to understand why people do what they do. Frankly, I usually find the Why far more interesting than the What. I think I just hit celebrity victim overload a few years ago. While I see the angle that many famous people take in spilling thier guts - it will help someone else - it makes me highly suspicious when the tell all books dovetail with record releases, movie openings, and the like. There's something distasteful about
the tone of some of the things. I'm hardly offended, my reaction is more like amazement that people will do something so undignified...hooray for fixing the damage, but who does it really serve to share the horrific personal details with the world ? Always someone, I suppose. On the other hand, hearing about Stevie's drug and weight dramas didn't bother me. It didn't seem like she was doing it either for the publicity or the pity party. Or maybe I am talking out my ass and I just want to hear about tragedies from the people I like !

Either way, thanks for you Holy A.H.L. perspective !
Old 06-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

All I know is if I got to be with Lindsey, I would have had NO issues, whatsoever, LOL! (sigh.)

And, if it really was true about his, um, technique, I hardly think Stevie would have stuck around for 10+ years with him!

Old 06-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
Well, glitter_fades, I seem to recall either reading an excerpt of this book, or maybe it was just the babawawa interview that sticks in my head...either way, there is some background info in my brain somewhere about all of this.

It is fascinating to understand why people do what they do. Frankly, I usually find the Why far more interesting than the What. I think I just hit celebrity victim overload a few years ago. While I see the angle that many famous people take in spilling thier guts - it will help someone else - it makes me highly suspicious when the tell all books dovetail with record releases, movie openings, and the like. There's something distasteful about
the tone of some of the things. I'm hardly offended, my reaction is more like amazement that people will do something so undignified...hooray for fixing the damage, but who does it really serve to share the horrific personal details with the world ? Always someone, I suppose. On the other hand, hearing about Stevie's drug and weight dramas didn't bother me. It didn't seem like she was doing it either for the publicity or the pity party. Or maybe I am talking out my ass and I just want to hear about tragedies from the people I like !

Either way, thanks for you Holy A.H.L. perspective !
Oh yeah, I hear ya. I'm sick of the "everybody's a victim" and "lets air our dirty laundry" stuff, too. I'm also a little suspicious that her revelations about herself came through use of LSD therapy. Flashbacks, together with a little false memory syndrome? Perhaps??? On the other hand, too many things ring true. Her father did die of AIDS back when nobody knew much about it. He was known in the NYC gay community among the celebrity hangers on, and that's been corroborated by other celebrities who didn't know he was her father or that he had a family. He was a closeted queen with a secret gay life. I also believe nobody willingly admits to years of incest for the sake of selling books, movies, or records. Admitting incest still isn't chic the way owning up to years of drug abuse followed by a recovery stint at the Betty Ford Center is. I'm probably talking out of my ass, too, so it's time to put a sock in it...or maybe a platform Reebok is called for?

Last edited by glitter_fades; 06-10-2003 at 10:43 PM..
Old 06-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, go6car, hee hee...

Stevie ALWAYS comes.

I'm sure of it.

Otherwise, why would he continue to be so "inspirational" to her?

That musta been some hot stuff! !!!!

-Sharon
Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hear ya, LOL!