Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You were first row center and you still didn't come here to give us a review? You had the best view of the show in this whole forum, so tell us how it was.

How can you tell people to sit down in a concert?
I didn't review cuz I was in Vegas until Wed night. It was the start of my vacation, not the end. Today I'm back at work, hence on the Ledge

Well... I wish more people had gotten up and danced. I kept dancing in front of the girl to my left who was sitting and her more butch friend was like: "stop dancing in front of my friend" while the more demure girl mouthed: "It's ok..." And I wanted to tell them: "Stand up with me!" There were a few people behind me and the girl who stole my extra seat: they kept yelling at her to sit down (maybe they knew her and were just kidding her), and she turned to me at one point between songs and said STERNLY: "DO NOT SIT DOWN!" Fortunately, I'm a really good dancer.

Anyway, as for the concert: I disagree with some of the comments about vocals: Lindsey dominated. The note he holds on "Never Going Back Again" with his hand in the air like a baton was ... breathtaking. Christine, on the other hand, seemed unsure and Lindsey overwhelmed her in the harmonies entirely ON HER SONGS. Her best vocal was the gorgeous "Wish You Were."

ALL of the new songs played superbly live. I think it was during "Feel About You" that we first started dancing, but I wanted to during "Sleeping Around the Corner." I'm just old and fat now and more shy. But once my larcenous seatmate forced me to stand up and dance... I wouldn't stop...

My favorite of the new songs live was "Lay Down for Free" ... it was so anthemic--I wore my vocal chords out on that one. I think at this point Lindsey started really eye-"handshaking" the girl who stole my seat (maybe it started earlier); I just remembered him really being like shaking his head "no no" "I don't lay down for free" while giving her kissy faces.

Since I didn't go to any of the Mac shows in the last tour, it was great to hear "Everywhere" and "Little Lies" live. It was weird that Lindsey seemed the lead singer on "Little Lies." After it was over, I reflexively called out: "Yeah! Lindseeeey!" and then I was like "oh shoot" and turned and yelled out: "Yeah! Christine" (I was located right between Christine and Lindsey).

The acoustic portion was a superb opening, in my opinion. "Shut Us Down" proves that it holds up as a modern classic. Lindsey is so cute with his one-handed playing at the end, always toying with the audience.

Lindsey was a chatterbox. Christine let him. Lindsey and Christine both looked GREAT. Lindsey sounded great. Christine didn't, but it's OK. When she hit sweet spots in her weathered voice, it was ethereal.

I think(?) the cutest interaction was during Go Your Own Way when Linds sings the "shacking up, packing up" line because Christine was like: "Who? me!? No!" LOL

At the final bow and exit, I think Lindsey registered my gesture that we wanted a second album. Here's hoping.

ETA: I forgot about "YMLF". I love watching Lindsey play guitar on that song; he really gets into it. And I think that's the song Christine kinda gestured towards the audience (me???) as if I made loving fun.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-28-2017 at 01:50 PM..