Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who was the first audition speculation

Just for fun, who do you think the other audition was and why? I’ll start with two.

Dave Grohl: Because he wants to be in every band he possibly can be in. And, he owns the Sound City mixing board.

Rob Thomas: Hey, if he could restore Willie’s faith in songwriting, who are Fleetwood Mac to not at least consider it? Plus, he knows Carlos Santana and the lyrics to “Never Going Back Again.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2018, 04:17 AM

There was already a thread about this here, however I still say Steven Tyler, he's a good friend of both Mick and Stevie and a big fan of the band, including the pre-BuckinghamNicks formation; Aerosmith's live setlist have often included Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well or Stop Messin Around and he's a pretty regular FM concert goer. He has an house in Maui as well and frequently hangs with Mick at his restaurant with members of the respective bands along too if they're present. In late March his partner threw a big surprise birthday party for him in his Maui house and invited both Mick and Stevie, so he may have already been there for a while.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-01-2018 at 04:22 AM..
Old 06-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily. She wants to be the boss, she doesn’t want Mick to be the boss. And Mick knows this, it seems pretty clear. That’s why he brought his friend Finn in, to make sure he still has enough power.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rob Thomas is an interesting thought.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I can’t believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily. She wants to be the boss, she doesn’t want Mick to be the boss. And Mick knows this, it seems pretty clear. That’s why he brought his friend Finn in, to make sure he still has enough power.
Tru dat!!!! She would NEVER allow another (bigger) star in. It's all about her now. We get it, $tevie Nick$.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I can’t believe that people would think Stevie Nicks would, after just successfully ousting Lindsey, allow way bigger star than herself in the band. Grohl and Steven may be smaller names than Fleetwood Mac but they are way bigger names than Stevie Nicks. Plus, Steven is a good friend of Mick primarily.
And, Steven is likely to take something from her wardrobe and wear it better. Which would beg the question how many outlandish dresser can one AOR/mainstream band have?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys...it was Billy, he was the one that leaked a lot of this in the first place. He was informed he lost out and let the cat out of the bag.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Guys...it was Billy, he was the one that leaked a lot of this in the first place. He was informed he lost out and let the cat out of the bag.
He might have heard through the grapevine about it. Some of us knew before Billy said anything, so it’s certainly not unimaginable that someone simply told him about it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't they say in the CBS interview that they auditioned people ranging in age from 26 to 60? (Christine teased Neil that he barely made the cut age-wise) Somehow it sounded like several people were considered.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Didn't they say in the CBS interview that they auditioned people ranging in age from 26 to 60? (Christine teased Neil that he barely made the cut age-wise) Somehow it sounded like several people were considered.
No. They listened to people, as in on a stereo. Only two auditioned.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. They listened to people, as in on a stereo. Only two auditioned.
So perhaps several people were considered (in recordings), but only two made the final cut for an audition. Incidentally, you mentioned that several of you knew the Lindsey issue was coming down the pipe before Billy leaked the news. I was curious which grapevine had that information before that. I'm always the last to know everything!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
There was already a thread about this here, however I still say Steven Tyler, he's a good friend of both Mick and Stevie and a big fan of the band, including the pre-BuckinghamNicks formation; Aerosmith's live setlist have often included Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well or Stop Messin Around and he's a pretty regular FM concert goer. He has an house in Maui as well and frequently hangs with Mick at his restaurant with members of the respective bands along too if they're present. In late March his partner threw a big surprise birthday party for him in his Maui house and invited both Mick and Stevie, so he may have already been there for a while.

Steve Tyler is a good shout. I recently read an article that suggests Steve Tyler auditioned for the AC/DC singing role that went to Axle Rose. That would suggest he's on the look out for a new band.

I'd still maintain Brian Johnson (ex-AC/DC) is the other person. I know he left AC/DC due to hearing problems but I get the sense he was ousted rather than leaving of his own accord. It seems as if he's undergone successful treatment recently. He was singing with Mick at his restaurant just a few days before Neil Finn played there with Mick.

Another shout could be Steve Miller. Didn't Mick do some sort of event with him recently?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-01-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Steve Tyler is a good shout. I recently read an article that suggests Steve Tyler auditioned for the AC/DC singing role that went to Axle Rose. That would suggest he's on the look out for a new band.

I'd still maintain Brian Johnson (ex-AC/DC) is the other person. I know he left AC/DC due to hearing problems but I get the sense he was ousted rather than leaving of his own accord. It seems as if he's undergone successful treatment recently. He was singing with Mick at his restaurant just a few days before Neil Finn played there with Mick.

Another shout could be Steve Miller. Didn't Mick do some sort of event with him recently?
I've read Steven also auditioned for a Led Zeppelin reunion years ago.
I've only seen this recently about Mick and Steve Miller but I don't know the occasion:

However I still mantain that Brian Johnson would have been a terrible choice, can you imagine him trying to harmonize with Stevie and Christine?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've read Steven also auditioned for a Led Zeppelin reunion years ago.
I've only seen this recently about Mick and Steve Miller but I don't know the occasion:

However I still mantain that Brian Johnson would have been a terrible choice, can you imagine him trying to harmonize with Stevie and Christine?
What about Mick and Stevie's Adopted son...Harry??? I mean--he practically auditioned at Radio City with them
Old 06-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was Billy.