User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Agree. The idea of her being jealous is ludicrous since it could have been a FM album had she decided to record. There was nothing to be jealous of. The album was good and the tour was fun but neither made near the waves they would need to make to make her jealous.
Do you think because it was not a success as let’s say, Rumours, it’s impossible she was jealous? So, she only cares/loves Lindsey if there’s money/success involved?
The time he spent with Christine recording and touring was irrelevant to her?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Do you think because it was not a success as let’s say, Rumours, it’s impossible she was jealous? So, she only cares/loves Lindsey if there’s money/success involved?
The time he spent with Christine recording and touring was irrelevant to her?
I think she barely paid attention to it. She could have easily recorded with Lindsey and Christine if she wanted to so I doubt she lost any sleep over it since it was her choice not to record.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt Stevie was jealous, but I do think she didn’t like being asked why she wasn’t part of what was a Fleetwood Mac album. I don’t think she appreciated how she was coming off in the press.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she barely paid attention to it. She could have easily recorded with Lindsey and Christine if she wanted to so I doubt she lost any sleep over it since it was her choice not to record.
Once she said “no” she probably thought it was the end of it. But it wasn’t.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once she said “no” she probably thought it was the end of it. But it wasn’t.
And she probably never gave it another thought other than “better Christine than me.”
Old 04-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And she probably never gave it another thought other than “better Christine than me.”
Yeah, I'm sure that after World Turning she never gave another thought.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that after World Turning she never gave another thought.
World Turning was MANY years before this. Stevie has not wanted to set foot in a recording studio with Lindsey since Say You Will which is why the FM album became a “duo” album. There was nothing about Buckingham McVie to be jealous over.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
World Turning was MANY years before this. Stevie has not wanted to set foot in a recording studio with Lindsey since Say You Will which is why the FM album became a “duo” album. There was nothing about Buckingham McVie to be jealous over.
Haha! Many things were many years before this, and yet you didn't have a problem bringing them up, like Carol Ann and Lindsey "having to explain his behavior to his daughters".

But of course you know Stevie and you know she couldn't be jealous of Buckingham McVie.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you genuinely think Stevie gave no thought about the Buckingham McVie album then you're giving Stevie's maturity levels way too much credit. Look at the comments she made on it when asked. "I don't understand their intention" and talks again about how records don't sell. I know Stevie did not want to be on the FM album. She did not want to get back in the studio with Lindsey. She even said there isn't going to be a new FM album. And she and everyone knows they'll never go release a Fleetwood Mac album without her on it. But she probably just expected them to scrap it. I HIGHLY doubt she imagined that Lindsey and Christine would then just decide to release what they'd worked on as their own duet album. And it's not like she could do anything about it since it was released under their own names but I'm sure it bugged her. Why wouldn't it? It was two members of her own band releasing an album together, with the two other members of her band playing on it, and then going out and touring that album. Jealousy might not even be the right word, but I whole heartedly believe she did not at all expect them to make and tour their own album (with a title awfully similar to BN) and that the whole thing did not sit well with her.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Many things were many years before this, and yet you didn't have a problem bringing them up, like Carol Ann and Lindsey "having to explain his behavior to his daughters".

But of course you know Stevie and you know she couldn't be jealous of Buckingham McVie.
Yeah, I think physically assaulting women is a little more serious than being jealous about a song! Hopefully the abuse ceased and yes, I stand by my hope that he had serious discussions with his children about how he behaved in the past.

And no, I don’t know Stevie any more than you do, just like you do not know Lindsey. It is all speculation. So your projections about her motivations are not fact either.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If you genuinely think Stevie gave no thought about the Buckingham McVie album then you're giving Stevie's maturity levels way too much credit. Look at the comments she made on it when asked. "I don't understand their intention" and talks again about how records don't sell. I know Stevie did not want to be on the FM album. She did not want to get back in the studio with Lindsey. She even said there isn't going to be a new FM album. And she and everyone knows they'll never go release a Fleetwood Mac album without her on it. But she probably just expected them to scrap it. I HIGHLY doubt she imagined that Lindsey and Christine would then just decide to release what they'd worked on as their own duet album. And it's not like she could do anything about it since it was released under their own names but I'm sure it bugged her. Why wouldn't it? It was two members of her own band releasing an album together, with the two other members of her band playing on it, and then going out and touring that album. Jealousy might not even be the right word, but I whole heartedly believe she did not at all expect them to make and tour their own album (with a title awfully similar to BN) and that the whole thing did not sit well with her.
She was always so proud of BN, and of course Lindsey has to come and ruin it (in her mind, of course). It showed zero concern for her feelings. It was like BN never meant a thing for him.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I think physically assaulting women is a little more serious than being jealous about a song! Hopefully the abuse ceased and yes, I stand by my hope that he had serious discussions with his children about how he behaved in the past.

And no, I don’t know Stevie any more than you do, just like you do not know Lindsey. It is all speculation. So your projections about her motivations are not fact either.
Hopefully the abuse ceased? Wow! That's like saying Stevie is still doing drugs.

Thank you, I have zero interest in meeting Stevie, and I also don't know Lindsey but you're the one calling him an abuser, which is far more worse than me calling Stevie a jealous woman.

Yeah, projections.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She probably did not expect it, but I still don’t think it bothered her because she could have just reminded herself that she had the power to turn this into a FM album. I don’t deny that her ego is beyond measure — if it had become a huge seller than yes she probably would have regretted it. But I don’t think enough to record with Lindsey again.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hopefully the abuse ceased? Wow! That's like saying Stevie is still doing drugs.

Thank you, I have zero interest in meeting Stevie, and I also don't know Lindsey but you're the one calling him an abuser, which is far more worse than me calling Stevie a jealous woman.

Yeah, projections.
The behavior itself is far worse.

I guess I should have said allegedly since I don’t know him personally and we just have accounts like Carol Ann’s on his physical and mental abuse the years she was with him.

But this is one reason why I do not feel very sorry for him in this whole ordeal.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The behavior itself is far worse.

I guess I should have said allegedly since I don’t know him personally and we just have accounts like Carol Ann’s on his physical and mental abuse the years she was with him.

But this is one reason why I do not feel very sorry for him in this whole ordeal.
Well, we don't know how many people Stevie hurt with her drug abuse.

Yep, Carol Ann should have walked away if all her stories are true. Yet, she didn't because it was cool to tour with the band and do tons of coke. And write a book a couple of years later.

Yes, of course, the revenge angle. So, I guess we all finally agree on something.