The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie can only happen once, at this moment in time. Discuss.

To me, Buckingham McVie is a one off. We won't see this again. There won't be a second BuckVie album or a second tour. We'll be lucky to see them perform as a duo outside the States/Canada.

I say this because next year the focus will be Fleetwood Mac and before/after that, solo, for at least Lindsey but possibly Stevie too. Christine appears unlikely to release a solo album. I'm sure she would rather release her new songs, and I have no doubt she has unreleased material from the BuckVie sessions, under the Fleetwood Mac moniker.

So much time and energy will go into the farewell tour, hopefully including making new music, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What would a second BuckVie album be called? Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie II? Doesn't fit. They'd have to name it after a lyric or a song.

I still hold out hope that On With the Show and Carnival Begin have been held back to be played in the Fleetwood Mac Live 2018 set. But I doubt it. I mean, Stevie could sing Julia or Castaway as her "new" song but she won't - she doesn't have the balls, except to release those songs on a new half-assed legacy album of vault songs.

It's a sad state of affairs friends. But I eagerly await Lindsey's solo record in January. I'm not excited about a massive dump of Nicks vault songs however. And I'm annoyed that a greatest hits Fleetwood Mac tour I will no doubt attend if it hits Australia, is likely to prevent BuckVie II.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't undersell them. They're enjoying this, and have all the money they need. If they're still feeling up to it after the MILKING TEAT TOUR next year, they'll do something.

Apparently FM has two members who are still "artists".
Old 08-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think after 2018 FMC World farewell tour...
Lindsey and Christine can then record, free as birds, their last goodbyes
to The Mac done...
So 2019 (we are wishing our lives away here) we could get a new BuckVie Album
Old 08-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think after 2018 FMC World farewell tour...
Lindsey and Christine can then record, free as birds, their last goodbyes
to The Mac done...
So 2019 (we are wishing our lives away here) we could get a new BuckVie Album
at their Ohio show couple of weeks ago, Lindsey said BuckVie can maybe do all this again in 2 years.

not that i necessarily believe it will really happen, and on that exact timeline, but it's good to know they are planning on it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just still thrilled that I still get NEW music from my favorite group of all time. (even though all 5 are not together) Let's face the facts time is not necessary on their side. I do still think the 2018 tour will be supported with new music. Lindsey's "pop album" that is mostly done for a January 2018 release can and mostly likely will be a new MAC album. Wishful thinking maybe but I have called a couple in the past. We will see.......
Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I'm just still thrilled that I still get NEW music from my favorite group of all time. (even though all 5 are not together) Let's face the facts time is not necessary on their side. I do still think the 2018 tour will be supported with new music. Lindsey's "pop album" that is mostly done for a January 2018 release can and mostly likely will be a new MAC album. Wishful thinking maybe but I have called a couple in the past. We will see.......
PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!

LB fans need this solo album and a tour he promised us back in 2012.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2017, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know a lot of people, including myself, have been referring to the FM 2018 tour as a 'Farewell tour,' but I don't think anyone from the band has called it that, and I thought Lindsey might have even refuted that in an interview a while back. Seems to me Christine is sending a message with this current tour that she's completely energized and willing to hit the road again, both with Lindsey and FM, so I wouldn't be surprised if 2018 ISN'T the last we see of FM live, new music or not.

As for Carnival Begin and On With the Show possibly being left off this tour so they can include them on the next FM tour, that would be wishful thinking. They're singing Everywhere, Little Lies, Go Your Own Way, and a few other songs on both tours, so that can't be why they didn't sing them. Something I noticed about Christine in recent interviews for the Buck/Vie album and the rerelease of Mirage is, hmm, how can I put this... how uninterested she is in their catalogue. What I mean is, in one interview she gave to publicize the Deluxe Mirage, Christine admitted that she never got around to listening to either the remastered original album OR the disc of outtakes and demos the record company gave to her. She didn't even seem curious, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she still hasn't gotten around to listening to them. This is not a criticism at all, just a surprise to me. Christine seems like a very pragmatic person, and honestly, I could see she and Lindsey discussing the set list and agreeing to do 8 songs from the new album, and Christine suggesting they just perform the first 8 songs on the album, problem solved.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Something I noticed about Christine in recent interviews for the Buck/Vie album and the rerelease of Mirage is, hmm, how can I put this... how uninterested she is in their catalogue.
i think that's just Christine's English / European self-deprecating way of stating things.

i read your take on thrown down in another forum bwboy and like it a lot - very refreshing and new way of looking at it!

and, great Cleveland tix are still available for BuckVie, i'll be very very disappointed if i don't see you there!

Old 08-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
What would a second BuckVie album be called? Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie II? Doesn't fit. They'd have to name it after a lyric or a song.
Rather getting ahead of yourself. Anyway, if it came to it what would be wrong with Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie II? ...never did Chicago any harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Lindsey's "pop album" that is mostly done for a January 2018 release can and mostly likely will be a new MAC album.
Most likely??? Really??? I'd love it, but highly unlikely

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I don't think there will be another BM album.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM

I think at first, they considered this a one time deal.

After listening to the subtext and watching them as creating artists, I believe they just might PROBABLY do another medium machine.

Depends on how this tour goes for 2018.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dunno.

I think Chris sounds very frail vocally. Not surprising after so much down time; but honestly I don't see how they can continue much longer with her unless she does what Stevie did to her voice, which was quite astonishing after how ragged she sounded in the late 80's.

But for now, I'm enjoying whatever this band does. Whatever comes our way in the future will be fun. I just hope they know when to call it quits before it becomes too stale and rehearsed.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:44 PM

Christine sounded great at the 3 shows I attended.

The key was lower on quite a few songs, but I thought she got better with each show. LB was out of tune on a few songs at my LV show but he sounded stronger than 2014 shows I saw.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine sounded great at the 3 shows I attended.

The key was lower on quite a few songs, but I thought she got better with each show.
yeah her voice improved with each show. she never sounded frail to me, just off at the first shows. but her voice is still very warm, and when she hits it right, it's pretty fantastic (and i'm not a Chris fan to begin with, but on ballads like WYWH and GOP she sounded unbelievable!).

and actually, she did have SN's vocal coach with her. on this tour.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah her voice improved with each show. she never sounded frail to me, just off at the first shows. but her voice is still very warm, and when she hits it right, it's pretty fantastic (and i'm not a Chris fan to begin with, but on ballads like WYWH and GOP she sounded unbelievable!).

and actually, she did have SN's vocal coach with her. on this tour.
The WYWH was so good at my shows, I got tears thinking about Dennis Wilson and the context vs. the intonation.