Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Memories of the 1983 tour

one more from christinemcvie.com before i have to take a break. this is an older thread, but it made me smile this morning when i was reading through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace
Did anyone here see Christine solo in 1983, when she toured to support her solo album?

I saw her during that tour at the Orpheum in Boston. She was great! Eddie Quintella, her husband, was in the band, but I can't remember who else. No famous guest stars. She played a lot of cuts from the album, some of her best-known songs from the Buckingham/Nicks era of Fleetwood Mac, and to my surprise and GREAT delight, she played two pre-Buckingham/Nicks era songs: "Spare Me a Little" and the absolutely wonderful "Just Crazy Love," which she introduced as one of her favorite songs. And yes, she did close with "Songbird." I wish I had a set list from that show.

There was one funny moment during that show. After about an hour on stage, Chris said she was going to let the band play one song, while "I go off stage and dry my hair." Maybe that's what Chris hates about touring -- she doesn't want to mess up her hairdo with all those hot stage lights!

I bought a t-shirt at that concert that I still have -- I have worn it several times at Fleetwood Mac concerts. It just has the word "Christine" with a flowing piano keyboard. Very classy. Just like the lady herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcviefan
I saw her at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia in 1984. I also thought the show was great! By the way, her band included Todd Sharp, Stephen Bruton, George Hawkins, Eddy Quintela & Steve Ferrone. She said the same thing about her hair during the middle of the show. I think she used this time as a restroom break..lol. Just in case you're interested, here's the set list. I assume she had the same set list for every show.

1. Say You Love Me
2. Love Will Show Us How
3. The Challenge
4. So Excited
5. Just Crazy Love
6. Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
7. The Smile I Live For
8. Ask Anybody
9. Keeping Secrets
10. Guitar Bug(Todd Sharp)
11. I'm The One
12. One In A Million
13. Hold Me
14. Got A Hold On Me
15. Over My Head
16. Too Much Is Not Enough
17. You Make Loving Fun
18. Don't Stop
19. Songbird

I also remember those 2 older songs. Unfortunately, at that time I'd never heard of them, although it seemed like quite a few others in the audience were familar with them. It was a great show. It turned out to be the first & only time I ever saw her solo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stationman
I saw her at the Orpheum in Boston-3rd row. It was an excellent show. I've still been meaning to apologize to the woman for jumping up on stage and hugging her after she finished Songbird. I don't think she appreciated it, but hey, I was 21 and blown away by her. BTW, the new album is awesome, I can't get enough of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace
Stationman! You won't believe this but I remember you. I almost mentioned in my original post that there was a super-fan in the audience who jumped up on stage after the show. Christine seemed a little startled, but nothing worse. I guess you didn't look scary! Weren't you in the center section? I was also in the third row but on the left side. Great seats.

And CMcVieFan, thank you for the set list! Did you write it down at the time and keep it all this time? I have learned since then to keep set lists at important concerts, but hadn't started doing it at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana
I wasn't even born in 84. But I love reading these memories, it always puts a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcviefan
Yes, I jotted down the set list. I don't go to alot of shows, but I ALWAYS make a note of the set list. That's a funny story about Stationman. That just goes to show that not all Christine fans are sedate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
didn't get to see the tour, but i have a tour t-shirt. it's the same one that joanne has. i still wear it all the time and actually get a lot of compliments on it.

love reading all the stories too, so keep them coming everybody.

(editing this to say that i still wear that shirt and it always produces a reaction. half the people who see me in it think my name is christine. the other half know exactly who she is and we end up making great conversation. that shirt is amazing. LOL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLis
I saw her on this tour at Great Adventure, I think in May. My parents took me, after much begging on my part!! I think I was 14....I remember I missed some Jr High Dance to go see Chris instead. I was in the center, maybe about 6-7 rows back (everyone was standing anyway since there were no seats in the center of this little area) and I was so blown away by being that close to her. She had on some long bulky black/white top w/ massive shoulder pads LOL, ah the eighties...not real flattering!

I thought her band was really good--I remember seeing Eddy, he had on some tacky red leather jacket (which i guess maybe was hip at the time) and I thought Todd and George were rather cute and very energetic. I had brought a rose which I was waving frantically (but never managed to get passed up to her) but I remember she looked at me and smiled and waved. I was thrilled to bits, that made my night! I kept telling my parents on the ride home, "She *looked* at me!"

I took some pictures with my trusty Kodak disc camera, which I still have, but the quality of them is pretty abominable.

I also bought a sleeveless white tank w/ some of Chris' song titles all over it, and also a little pin that said Christine on it w/ some musical notes.

Wow, all this feels like ages ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stationman
Hey there Nicepace. Funny that you recall my moment of control loss. I remember walking back out on stage after the band exited and looking out at the crowd-it was quite a thrill. The original M.O. was to present Chris with some flowers, but being young and stupid the flower money went to tequila instead and all I had to give was a hug. Great show!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was an old, old thread. Stationman got a little carried away there. How many people here in the Chris forum had a chance to give Christine a hug?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
That was an old, old thread. Stationman got a little carried away there. How many people here in the Chris forum had a chance to give Christine a hug?
Certainly not me!

Anyway if I was ever lucky enough to meet her I doubt if I'd give her a hug (I'm English we don't hug people we don't know - some of us don't hug we do know)

Gail