The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they have some songs not worked out yet. 2?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is everyone so happy? This has happened the last three tours. They SAY the album will go out after the tour. The reality: they tour for a year, burn out, and go back to solo records. Once this FM tour is over Stevie will go right back to her solo album. I'll be shocked if we ever hear these songs...maybe on a LB solo album.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Why is everyone so happy? This has happened the last three tours. They SAY the album will go out after the tour. The reality: they tour for a year, burn out, and go back to solo records. Once this FM tour is over Stevie will go right back to her solo album. I'll be shocked if we ever hear these songs...maybe on a LB solo album.
exactly, right?

weird. people are living in some parallel mac-y universe, i guess.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
this has always been Stevie's way anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Except for before she had a solo career when they made their best albums.
exactly - they cranked out first 3 albums between 1975-79. not breakneck speed, but ok, respectable.

in 1980 her solo career started. easy to do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I just know they are creating magic. This has got to be a double album.
considering it has taken him since 2009 and they are on their second set of almost finished songs for that same album 5 years later, i can completely understand why LB would wanna push for a double album again - once they finally are all on board to put something out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
No, previously Lindsey has said he'd like to go in after the tour to do an album and then it never happens, probably because of Stevie. This time they've actually put 2 months of work into an album before the tour and they've got 14 or 15 songs down. It might still be held up because of Stevie or maybe it won't be. Maybe they're far enough along with it that it will pressure Stevie to commit. But the point is, it's not the same as before. And they won't release songs with Christine and Lindsey along with Mick and John, including probably half of them sung by Christine, on a Lindsey solo album.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
No, previously Lindsey has said he'd like to go in after the tour to do an album and then it never happens, probably because of Stevie. This time they've actually put 2 months of work into an album before the tour and they've got 14 or 15 songs down. It might still be held up because of Stevie or maybe it won't be. Maybe they're far enough along with it that it will pressure Stevie to commit. But the point is, it's not the same as before. And they won't release songs with Christine and Lindsey along with Mick and John, including probably half of them sung by Christine, on a Lindsey solo album.
yeah but they went in BEFORE 2013 tour and that tour finished, and now they went in again, and this tour will finish and they will go in again and.............

Old 05-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
"The group has "about 14 or 15 things, and some other things we want to get to down the line" even before Nicks begins making contributions.

Besides the 14 or 15 songs what other things does the band need to get to before Stevie can contribute???
Shoot some DVD video. Have a few affairs. Maybe both at the same time.

Michele
Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine used to get "goose flesh," now she just gets chills.

Clearly, the thrill is gone.

Michele
Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine used to get "goose flesh," now she just gets chills.

Clearly, the thrill is gone.

Michele
She is priceless.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything old is new again. The current situation reminds me of when Stevie said,

Quote:
"See when I was in Fleetwood Mac, I'd know by the middle of one of my tours they were already getting mad at me. They'd be waiting for me like anxious cats."
The cats are anxious.

Then she said,

Quote:
But after Lindsey came and played the inauguration with us, I realized that I could never deal with Fleetwood Mac again unless it would be the five of us. And it will never be that way again.
Well...

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-07-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah but they went in BEFORE 2013 tour and that tour finished, and now they went in again, and this tour will finish and they will go in again and.............
They did go in and they actually released some of that music. They didn't put out a full album then because Stevie didn't want to play ball. Now they've got 2/3 of an album and it's still up to Stevie to complete it, but that's a large amount of music they've already recorded and they've talked about it in some detail in published interviews including song titles. We'll hear these songs eventually. They won't go unreleased.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

The most recent photo of the two of them it's like that little kid tv show from the 80s where in the world is Carmen San Diego, where in the world is Stevie nicks. Can someone track her down and give us her location? We need her back to finish our album we need you to clamour and find her snap a picture if you can and bring her to the studio for us.

Good grief Stevie will never grow up with the power trips she gets off on making them wait and beg her to join them and puts them off for her not so relevant solo career.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspect Lindsey's comment about "clamouring" might be in regard to gauging whether the upcoming tour is extended into 2015 or not. I haven't followed the dates so I don't know whether shows are lined up for next year or not, although I think they might be doing Glastonbury in June 2015 (is that correct?).
Anyway, my point is that maybe Lindsey would prefer to resume work on the album in early 2015 and wants to be in a position where he can convince the greedy (Mick) and the lazy (Stevie) that it's opportune to get the recording finished before another bout of touring? It might possibly come down to (public) desire for a new album as opposed to demand for more touring (ie art versus commerce).
I think it's interesting that Lindsey and Christine have stressed that the 7 or 8 songs they've been working on are by no means finished. Christine also mentions that Stevie will be able to contribute to these recordings, but that will be in addition to the other layers of instrumentation and production etc.
As much as I would have preferred that Stevie had been present for these recent Mac sessions, it's more than likely she would have just been in the way and consequently, become resentful. It's better that she convene with the band when her presence will be truly purposeful.
Speaking of resentment, I'm just annoyed that the band felt it necessary to launch this tour when an album was always in the offing. I couldn't care less for out-of-tune, listless renditions of former glories - I want something new, before they bloody expire.
Plus... props to good ol' Lindsey for dredging up the idea of a double album again. Surely he must get his way this time around? The album's not going to sell in great quantities whether it's a single or double release so they may as well just opt for the latter. Crazy buggers.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Fleetwood Mac Billboard Article Billboard

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie talk about collaborating ahead of the band's upcoming tour. "We've been working very closely together, so there is a freshness"
just for archiving purposes in case the link to the actual article won't work anymore, the title of the article is:

Fleetwood Mac Revives Chemistry In Studio: 'We Get Chills,' Says Christine McVie

By Gary Graff | May 07, 2014 1:01 PM EDT

Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
so this interview took place different day from the LA Times interview. they switched jackets - now she's in suit jacket, and he in leather.