Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Well they bothered to record six songs of Lindsey's without any commitment from Stevie last year so...
That was a different situation. For one thing, those songs were recorded in Lindsey's home studio -- so they weren't shelling out big bucks for studio time. And two, Lindsey could have very easily folded those tracks into a new solo album, if Stevie declined involvement.

Everything's changed now that Christine is involved. Now they have Lindsey's songs and Christine's. They're not going to just turn them over to solo albums. And they're not going to release a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie.

Trust me, they're confident she's on board or they wouldn't waste their time and money.

Quote:
Also Stevie could absolutely be in the studio giving her input to (Christine's) the songs if she wanted to. This is a "band" after all.
Do any of us really think it would go over well, if Stevie -- the non-musician in the band -- sat in the studio and offered notes to Christine & Lindsey on the instrumentation or production of their own songs? They'd show her the door if she pulled that!

Now, if they asked her to help them work out a harmony-part, that's one thing. But they wouldn't appreciate unsolicited advice on the direction of their songs. And I highly doubt Stevie would even think to give it.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well they bothered to record six songs of Lindsey's without any commitment from Stevie last year so...

Also Stevie could absolutely be in the studio giving her input to (Christine's) the songs if she wanted to. This is a "band" after all.
Yeah, maybe Christine's new songs need a Stevie line like Oh Daddy did and without it they're withering and dying.

Or Stevie claimed she was the one who dragged Lindsey in to do background vocals on Christine's songs for Mirage. If she hadn't done that, I guess Christine would have been sitting there singing all by herself, just "hold me, hold me, hold me," solo and indefinitely.

As you say, it's a "band" and although she is not a musician, there are things she can add at this stage of the process. Of course, she needn't put in the hours that Lindsey, Christine and Mick do, but she should be putting in some hours. Let's hope she is.

Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post

Trust me, they're confident she's on board or they wouldn't waste their time and money.
I think they may be confident she's on board, but not because there's anything in place, only because they think she'll come around in the end. Just like Mick knew she would when he did that Playboy interview. I don't think she's committed at all regarding an album yet. Just the tour. But yes, I think they know they can corral her.

Also, whether she's needed in the studio or not, whether she'll end up being in the studio or not (and I am sure she will be), for now things seem decidedly strange, distant and cool to me.

Michele
Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Also, whether she's needed in the studio or not, whether she'll end up being in the studio or not (and I am sure she will be), for now things seem decidedly strange, distant and cool to me.

Michele
THIS.
I don't relate to their process in ANY way anymore. It's not about functionality or efficiency in the studio. It's about being a band and relate to eachother in a creative process. This is not a band. It's a bunch of solistic operating souls who are not searching for the value above the sum of the parts. It's all about how every individual gels with Lindsey. Chemistry between 4 individuals and one supervisor. So chemistry between Mick and Lindsey, John and Lindsey, Christine and Lindsey and finally Stevie and Lindsey. Not between the five of them all together. Incredible.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
THIS.
I don't relate to their process in ANY way anymore. It's not about functionality or efficiency in the studio. It's about being a band and relate to eachother in a creative process. This is not a band. It's a bunch of solistic operating souls who are not searching for the value above the sum of the parts. It's all about how every individual gels with Lindsey. Chemistry between 4 individuals and one supervisor. So chemistry between Mick and Lindsey, John and Lindsey, Christine and Lindsey and finally Stevie and Lindsey. Not between the five of them all together. Incredible.
while during Tusk recording he was an ayatollah. sounds like a huge stepdown over the years, from ayatollah to just measly supervisor.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is why.I cant blame her.

Sorry guys.......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
for now things seem decidedly strange, distant and cool to me.
Agreed... Stevie has been doing a huge amount of public events lately, but has she even once acknowledged a new Fleetwood Mac album, or anything to do with recording any new music? It's downright bizarre.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Boy am I gonna get it!Having said that...

I have thought from the very beginning when CM's return was just a rumor that Stevie was not real keen on the idea. It almost seemed like she was trying to talk Chris out of it.When you're trying to convince someone to do something you give them all the pros about it to encourage them.Stevie seemed to be giving her a list of cons(grueling schedule,2hrs and 40 minutes on stage,this is no walk in the park,etc.)For so long Stevie has been the frontline person and,for the most part,the one who has gotten the most attention(on stage).The main focus of this whole tour is CM and Stevie is not going to get nearly the amount of attention that she's used to.I'm not saying that she hates Chris or anything but I think this is going to be a blow to her.I love her to death but,lets face it,our girl has an ego inflated to the point it makes a hot air balloon look like a pimple on her ass.She feeds off of all the admiration she gets from the audience.
Also ,she and Lindsey have just sort of rekindled their relationship(platonic) which was made obvious from their onstage performances.They appeared to be absolutely enjoying the shows and each other.CM and Lindsey are very close as we all know and I think this will be another thorn in her side.IMO she is putting herself out there and grabbing alot of attention because she knows when this tour begins she's gonna fade a little.Just my 2.5 cents.Don't slam me too hard please....
Old 04-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I wholeheartedly disagree. I think that after you've had it drilled in your head for fifteen years that someone is never coming back for such and such reasons and then they say they are coming back, you have your reservations about how serious they are about it. A lot is on the line - in their minds, if Chris is back she has to be back for the long haul. They can't make a huge announcement about her return if she is going to turn around a month later and say she can't handle it after all.

Chris herself has said that Stevie offered her money to return. Stevie has always wanted Chris back, and I don't think she gives a rats ass about getting less attention on stage during the FM show. Chris playing her songs means Stevie doesn't have to work as hard. This tour will be a much lighter load for Stevie and I would imagine that would be a nice change.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Stevie doesn't want to record with FM that's her decision and if FM is not happy with that then maybe they should do something about it...
Absolutely right. They should dump her.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Absolutely right. They should dump her.
And they will, right after all the arenas sell out. (For the second leg.)
Old 04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think they may be confident she's on board, but not because there's anything in place, only because they think she'll come around in the end. Just like Mick knew she would when he did that Playboy interview. I don't think she's committed at all regarding an album yet. Just the tour. But yes, I think they know they can corral her.
I see your point, Michele. I still view this as a different situation though. Mick guilt-tripping her through interviews, was one thing. It's not like they booked a tour first, and then hoped she'd eventually come around.

Right now, they're spending thousands of dollars on studio time. I just don't see them doing that on nothing more than the notion that they can convince Stevie to join them. I think with money involved, they have something more tangible than optimism.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
^ I wholeheartedly disagree. I think that after you've had it drilled in your head for fifteen years that someone is never coming back for such and such reasons and then they say they are coming back, you have your reservations about how serious they are about it. A lot is on the line - in their minds, if Chris is back she has to be back for the long haul. They can't make a huge announcement about her return if she is going to turn around a month later and say she can't handle it after all.

Chris herself has said that Stevie offered her money to return. Stevie has always wanted Chris back, and I don't think she gives a rats ass about getting less attention on stage during the FM show. Chris playing her songs means Stevie doesn't have to work as hard. This tour will be a much lighter load for Stevie and I would imagine that would be a nice change.
I agree. She brought up all the challenging aspects of returning to make sure that Christine had considered everything and still wanted to come back. To make sure she was all in. It doesn't make sense for someone to say they want to come back and you tell them all the perks and good stuff. She already said she wants back in.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-11-2014 at 11:18 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM will go broke if they dump her.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I see your point, Michele. I still view this as a different situation though. Mick guilt-tripping her through interviews, was one thing. It's not like they booked a tour first, and then hoped she'd eventually come around.

Right now, they're spending thousands of dollars on studio time. I just don't see them doing that on nothing more than the notion that they can convince Stevie to join them. I think with money involved, they have something more tangible than optimism.
Maybe they booked studio time with the secondary intention of proving to Stevie they're serious about this. They want an album. The optimists keep saying "well she's not needed in the studio" and to some extent it's true. They CAN work on Christine's songs without Stevie's involvement and that's what they're doing. Though it doesn't mean she can't be involved. Also notice they are very vague about the album. No time table or anything. Just that they're working on stuff and an album is in the mix somewhere. I don't think they have any agreement in place with Stevie in place regarding her involvement.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-11-2014 at 11:13 AM..