Old 03-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On with the dough....
Old 03-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

I need to win the lotto lol or rob a bank
Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who is actually planning on buying a VIP package for $750/person? Just curious.

Last year, with the $425/person Mick VIP, it was absolutely worth it. Now it seems like an extreme bargain compared to this tour's. I mean really, how do you justify paying that much?

Ehk... really disappointing.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've never done presale for a concert this large. How exactly does it work? I was planning on doing VIP but with the price increase, that's out of the cards. Do presale buyers get first dibs on all tickets or is it a selection of seats presented to them first? I'm planning in going to both NYC and Philly and I don't have an AmEx. Can someone clarify if the prepaid cards do in fact work? If so, I'd have to buy tickets separately (taking a +1 to each show) so would that even be worth it or is it too chancy? I am planning to do FB presale at the least. I'm just super anxious about ticket availability. Be brutally honest - do you think I'll be able to still get good floor seats (ideally first 10 or 20 rows) in this situation? Thanks so much!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Each presale has a block of seats allocated to it. These seats are not usually the best in the house, but they're typically at least in the first 30 rows. It's hard to predict, though, when there's so many presales. Plus, things change from tour to tour. I've never fared particularly well with presales and if I don't find something good, I wait for the general sale.

In the past, AmEx presale seats have not been that great. I wouldn't get a prepaid card just for that purpose.

That said, I always at least check out the presales. You never know! Just don't assume they are necessarily the best available.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-30-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Was going to if they were at last year's price, but not now.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Who is actually planning on buying a VIP package for $750/person? Just curious.
For the Unleashed tour, Live Nation's package was even more expensive and you didn't find out what seat you got until show time.

Michele
Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I get a VIP ticket and I have my friend get one too, can we have our seats be together?
Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
If I get a VIP ticket and I have my friend get one too, can we have our seats be together?
No, not if you buy separately, but you can buy them together and then you would be sitting next to each other. You can go online at the same time and hope that it brings up seats for you that are next to each other, but that's a little risky.

Michele
Old 03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered

.... and the Next Tour they do may be even more expensive .... and then the Farewell Tour

Last edited by olive; 03-30-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was so mad at the price that I emailed then to complain. Mick has gotten very greedy. Just because he cannot save his money does not mean that we should have to pay to support his lifestyle.

The sad part is many people will pay without thinking that if this price the artist will just jack up the prices next go around.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I was so mad at the price that I emailed then to complain. Mick has gotten very greedy. Just because he cannot save his money does not mean that we should have to pay to support his lifestyle.
So don't do the M&G. Heaven for bid Mick decides how much to charge for access to him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

The sad part is many people will pay without thinking that if this price the artist will just jack up the prices next go around.
thank everyone who bought from stubhub why should he not get the cash, I won't pay that much I am DEBATING OVER THE $208 ... it seems this is a grab the money tour ... then it will be a tour to promote the cd .... then a farewell tour, ... they are old Christine hated touring in her younger years ... she's 70..and will have turned 71 when this tour starts
Old 03-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Each presale has a block of seats allocated to it. These seats are not usually the best in the house, but they're typically at least in the first 30 rows. It's hard to predict, though, when there's so many presales. Plus, things change from tour to tour. I've never fared particularly well with presales and if I don't find something good, I wait for the general sale.

In the past, AmEx presale seats have not been that great. I wouldn't get a prepaid card just for that purpose.

That said, I always at least check out the presales. You never know! Just don't assume they are necessarily the best available.
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep it in mind!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, not if you buy separately, but you can buy them together and then you would be sitting next to each other. You can go online at the same time and hope that it brings up seats for you that are next to each other, but that's a little risky.

Michele

So I can buy more than one VIP package ticket? I was under the impression that I could only purchase one.

I'm considering doing that as opposed to paying $2000 per ticket. I'm going to be in the first six rows, or better. I am determined.