The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

No point in speculating, especially if your just going to be negative. we just have to wait and see. And why would Stevie be n the studio as much as everyone else? She's not a musician. People say, 'she'll just bitch about the final out come' but hey at least she ain't such a bitch that she would be in the studio telling Lindsey and Chris how to do their songs. People that don't like Stevie either personally or musically should ateast appreciate her for that. The only thing I know is that I can't wait to hear new music and what's ahead
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'd be psyched if it had two My little Demon and Bleed to Love her- quality songs on it.
I find them so boring. But then they're better than the EP.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-24-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I don't think he will record a lot of other LB songs than are already there, and those songs were written with "cajoling Stevie into an album' - vibe. So I think it will be very poppy and safe.
He will have his hands full with arranging and recording Stevie's songs, recording and 'maccing' Christine's songs and the overall production of the entity.
I totally agree.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I find them so boring. But then they're better than the EP.
I can't imagine christinesongs with those qualities since 1982.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I can't imagine christinesongs with those qualities since 1982.
Not sure what you mean, but I didn't like her Dance tune either.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping they go balls-to-the-wall and give us an old-school double album, Stevie be damned. 8 tracks from each songwriter would be glorious. They could even split it into two album releases a few months apart, like Justin Timberlake did with his 20/20 release, and also sell them together as a deluxe box set.

And I want a vinyl release, and I hope that it comes with the CD or HD download so I don't feel compelled to buy both.

If there is a vinyl release, it would be an ideal time to reissue Say You Will on vinyl, so they can sit on display, side by side. This can only help push SYW sales, and is a common marketing strategy with vinyl.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy make an appearance with Christine featured, I'm good. Those two tracks are so good in my opinion. Much like the classic 'Mac' records, I'm pretty sure Stevie's only gonna have 2-3 songs max which does blow a little but hey, last effort she had 9 I believe. lol
Old 01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
As long as Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy make an appearance with Christine featured, I'm good. Those two tracks are so good in my opinion. Much like the classic 'Mac' records, I'm pretty sure Stevie's only gonna have 2-3 songs max which does blow a little but hey, last effort she had 9 I believe. lol
A few people have said they think Stevie will only have two or three songs. I don't get it. I think the two or three songs per album were mostly due to the limited space available on vinyl records ending after the Tango in the Night days. She had four songs on Behind the Mask (a LP/CD album) due to Lindsey's departure. The only other full studio album was Say You Will, and of course, she had plenty of songs on that CD. The EP, well, that was a whole other matter. I'm hoping for an equal number of tracks from all three.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If this materializes, I'll be thrilled!

Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Quite a bit of negativity in this thread in general. Why keep predicting that new music is going to be awful?
We can only go by the last stuff they did. Lindsey had an excellent album with SWS but the EP was awful. Stevie's IYD was the best she's done since The Wild Heart, in my view, so that's good, though her SYW contributions were inconsistent and WY is uninspired. Christine's ITM was just kind of blah. Unless they have a brilliant infusion of creativity working together, there really isn't much to hope for here.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I agree! Everybody is getting their panties in a knot about this or that based upon a little blurb this interviewer got from Mick back on January 11th. If anyone was being honest with themselves, they'd presume that Fleetwood Mac's "pushing boundaries" days are over! SYW nailed that coffin. Christine's return alone all but signals the classic sound will likely be intact. Besides, this is not an official annoucement from the whole band. I suspect things are still being hammered out behind the scenes, more specifically, do they have a record deal? Where are they recording at?? Personally, I'll be waiting for a more official PR annoucement before jumping to any conclusions about where & when Stevie joins the band in the studio. For goodness sakes, they haven't officially even annouced Johns full recovery yet.
If you are going to wait for an official announcement with this band, you'll get it after the CD is out. This is how FM works.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
For me, just keeping it too safe would seem like a sell out. A La the Eagles. I still think these folks have something to say artistically. Lindsey's still making sonically interesting music. Christine pushed her own boundaries on In The Meantime with it's often-dark/angry lyrics. Stevie still dabbles in electronica, country, and pop as a solo artist. There's nothing to say they can't mix up the sound of this Mac record. After all, look what a massive departure Tango was from Mirage. And Tusk from Rumours. They've done it before. I'm not opposed to this album being a classic sounding Fleetwood Mac record... I'd just like some dash of spice to let us know they still give a damn about art, you know? Just look at Johnny Cash. His last albums when he was in his 80s on his deathbed were downright gritty & raw. Wanda Jackson, the Queen Of Rockabilly, is in her later 70s & has had a recent album produced by Jack White, and it was fantastic. Classic yet retains an edge. There's a line Fleetwood Mac can still very much walk between familiar sound, and artistic integrity.
Well said!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think that if Christine is bringing the "FM", then Lindsey will feel freed up to push boundaries. When it was just Stevie this last time, he tried to be more conventional with his songs (and I like Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy and think they are more interesting than, say, Did You Miss Me) for two reasons:

1. Stevie doesn't like the weird stuff and he was trying to cajole her into an album, so he was on his good behavior.

2. FM needed to maintain their "pop" cred.

Now, Christine is back. She can do the mainstream and he can play around. In fact, he doesn't have to do anything mass appealing with his own music, as long as Stevie and Christine's songs fill that bill.

Michele
That's as good an argument as any, and I hope you are right.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd be psyched if it had two My little Demon and Bleed to Love her- quality songs on it.
I agree. Of the new songs on The Dance, they were definitely the standouts. With two songs, Lindsey once again proved his range, from the ethereal to the delightfully weird. That's what he's about and that's what we expect from him, not the beige-colored oatmeal he fed us with the EP.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
No point in speculating, especially if your just going to be negative. we just have to wait and see. And why would Stevie be n the studio as much as everyone else? She's not a musician. People say, 'she'll just bitch about the final out come' but hey at least she ain't such a bitch that she would be in the studio telling Lindsey and Chris how to do their songs. People that don't like Stevie either personally or musically should ateast appreciate her for that. The only thing I know is that I can't wait to hear new music and what's ahead
Why do people waste time complaining about negativity? It's a discussion board, is it not?