User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they were in Nevada, Arizona or Colorado and not HAWAII, I'd have been on a plane this morning.

Michele
Assuming that Chris joins them, this would be her first public performance in what - 14 years?

Also - holy crap, those tickets cost more than seeing Fleetwood Mac. $200 and $300 each.

Last edited by WildHearted; 02-12-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Assuming that Chris joins them, this would be her first public performance in what - 14 years?

Also - holy crap, those tickets cost more than seeing Fleetwood Mac. $200 and $300 each.

15 years. They did the Brits/Grammys/HoF thing in early 1998 and then she jetted off into the sunset.

I have to say that if Ken's updates are reliable and Christine does play, then I think there is something lovely about the fact that she is likely to do blues stuff. It's like, at 70, she is coming full-circle.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they were in Nevada, Arizona or Colorado and not HAWAII, I'd have been on a plane this morning.

Michele
Oh please. If I was anywhere on the west coast I would be on a plane. A six-hour flight is easy. A 12-hour flight... that's real pain.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh please. If I was anywhere on the west coast I would be on a plane. A six-hour flight is easy. A 12-hour flight... that's real pain.
Clearly, you don't fly United. One hour is pain.

Michele
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone going to this tonight please, if she is even there for a second, take a surreptitious photo
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Anyone going to this tonight please, if she is even there for a second, take a surreptitious photo
And video!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This a fleetwood mac song if I ever heard one. Wonder what Lyndsey could do with this.?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This a fleetwood mac song if I ever heard one. Wonder what Lyndsey could do with this.?

Who's Lyndsey?;-)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

This song always reminded me of "Gotta Hold On Me" in terms of the music. The lyrics are kind of corny, but so are the lyrics to "You Make Loving Fun," and look how good that tune turned out with the "Lindsey touch."
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
see if i said that there would be 5 people jumping on me saying "not everybody is rich, we have priorities".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see if i said that there would be 5 people jumping on me saying "not everybody is rich, we have priorities".
I'd be on a plane if I had about 12 hrs more notice.. LAX > Maui weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I was thinking about this today. It would take me just $500 to get to Nevada, Colorado or Arizona, but Hawaii is $2500. HejiraNYC has all those frequent flyer miles. Why keep those to himself??

Michele
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maui Magazine
http://www.mauimagazine.net/Maui-Mag...CC/event/8824/

Fleetwood @ the MACC

Date Feb 13, 2013 07:30 PM

Description

Get comfortable with legendary Fleetwood Mac founder-drummer, Maui resident and entrepreneur, Mick Fleetwood. In a living room setting on stage, Mick will talk story about his world travels, behind-the-scenes antics and musical influences. Then, the 2010 Grammy Award-nominated Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, featuring Rick Vito on guitar and vocals, Lenny Castellanos on bass and vocals and Mark Johnstone on keyboards and vocals, will perform their hits.

The band’s sound takes you back to the early blues-driven years of Fleetwood Mac, a musical legacy from the 1960s, reaching forward to today. The VIP rock star package includes hanging with Mick backstage, a VIP pass and signed poster.

All ticket purchasers receive a $20 food gift card to Fleetwood’s on Front St. in Lahaina.

Cost $49/standard, 149/VIP rock star package

One Cameron Way
One Cameron Way
Kahului, HI
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maui Magazine
http://www.mauimagazine.net/Maui-Mag...CC/event/8824/

Fleetwood @ the MACC

Date Feb 13, 2013 07:30 PM

Description

Get comfortable with legendary Fleetwood Mac founder-drummer, Maui resident and entrepreneur, Mick Fleetwood. In a living room setting on stage, Mick will talk story about his world travels, behind-the-scenes antics and musical influences. Then, the 2010 Grammy Award-nominated Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, featuring Rick Vito on guitar and vocals, Lenny Castellanos on bass and vocals and Mark Johnstone on keyboards and vocals, will perform their hits.

The band’s sound takes you back to the early blues-driven years of Fleetwood Mac, a musical legacy from the 1960s, reaching forward to today. The VIP rock star package includes hanging with Mick backstage, a VIP pass and signed poster.

All ticket purchasers receive a $20 food gift card to Fleetwood’s on Front St. in Lahaina.

Cost $49/standard, 149/VIP rock star package

One Cameron Way
One Cameron Way
Kahului, HI
Do we know if she bothered to join them? My instincts are that she didn't go up.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

@raatz: Christine McVie looked & sounded so great tonight @MauiArtsCulture. #DontStop

Last edited by CADreaming; 02-14-2013 at 07:17 AM..