User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I talked about it when I met him. And I really think he has it in him. One big album of twelve hallucinating weird rocktracks. (but I must admit that I'm hearing Mick and John on that too....) But somehow he's doesn't look like the initiative-taker in this one.....
didn't you also scold him for not listening to you, and he just laughed (and why do i remember all this stuff)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
didn't you also scold him for not listening to you, and he just laughed (and why do i remember all this stuff)
Impressive!

Yes, that was the case! We hit it off pretty good. An experience of a lifetime.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: I've always been a fan, but I consider my true fandom to have begun on August of 1999.

How you became a fan: Little Lies.

First 3 FM songs: Little Lies, Hold Me, Rhiannon

First FM vocalist: Bekka Bramlett

Favorite FM Time Period: BTM/Time, I wish I were old enough to have gone to concerts during that period.

Concerts you've attended:
August 13, 2003 - Kansas City, MO (Fleetwood Mac)
August 15, 2003 - St. Louis, MO (Fleetwood Mac)
June 17, 2007 - Redding, CA (Lindsey Buckingham)

FM stuff you own: CDs mostly. A lot of stuff though.

Favorite thing about FM: The variety of the band and the quality of the music throughout each era.

Least favorite thing about FM: Ignorant fans and Stevie fans who worship every bit of nonsense she says/thinks/does under the sun.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I'm a more open and "well-rounded" fan.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: All 16 members in a mega-concert. See above but if I have to get specific: Billy, Lindsey, Bob Welch, Christine, John and Mick.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Continue making music with any variation of the band, just no new members (like Sheryl Cow.)

Matt

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 01-08-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
That's interesting!
I remember circa 1981 my brother was watching TV and he exclaimed when they showed Sara live video. I payed attention and liked the song, though not became a fan until I found the Gypsy video by myself in 1982.

By the way, how old is your sister, is she a fan?
She's 26, She was a fan, but now she has a rich old boyfriend and she doesn't speak to me, so I have no idea...

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: Fall 2008

How you became a fan: Upgraded to HDTV and saw Soundstage / Live in Boston on Palladia Channel. Lindsey simply blew me away, and the contrast between Lindsey and Stevie was fascinating as well.

First 3 FM songs: GYOW and The Chain. After that it changes constantly...Gypsy, Fireflies, WMYTYTO, Sarah, The Ledge...

First FM vocalist: Lindsey

Favorite FM Time Period: The Dance/2011

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Lindsey/60, Stevie and Christine/ 20 each...love all three!

Concerts you've attended: Unleashed

FM stuff you own: Vinyl: Rumours and Tusk. CDs and DVDs: Rumours, Tusk, TITN, Live ( 1980 ), The Very Best of, Say You Will, Live in Boston ( 2004 ), The Dance, Making of Rumours, Destiny Rules. Unleashed Tour T-shirt. All of Lindsey's CDs except L&O, all his DVDs . Lots of boot vids and music from Throwndown. Books: CAH's and Mick's. Rolling Stone magazine. Several guitar mags featuring Lindsey.

Favorite thing about FM: Their harmonies ( with Chris still in the band ), their musicianship, their timeless music, that they truly love and care about one another and are still ( mostly ) together.

Least favorite thing about FM: nothing

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I liked them as a kid but I wasn't a “fan”. After I re-discovered them in 2008 I think I'm relatively hardcore

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Men of the Mac – Linds, John and Mick. Would love to see Chris back with the Rumours lineup too.

You wish for the future of the Mac: That their upcoming album has a huge hit single, and gets lots of good reviews, and more people re-discover them.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Age Range: 40 something

When you became a fan: 1975

How you became a fan: Heard World Turning and Blue Letter coming out of my brother's or sister's stereo

First 3 FM songs: World Turning, Blue Letter, I'm So Afraid

First FM vocalist: Lindsey Buckingham

Favorite FM Time Period: Peter/Blues, Rick & Billy/BTM

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 50% Peter Green, 20% Christine, 15% Lindsey, 10% Rick, 5% Stevie

Concerts you've attended: "Tango" Tour - 1 show, "BTM" Tour - 3 shows

FM stuff you own: CD's of the albums from "Peter Green's FM" through "Say You Will"

Favorite thing about FM: Rhythm section!!!! Mick and John can't be beat!

Least favorite thing about FM: Sorry, but I'm telling the truth: The seemingly total blind devotion to anything and everything concerning Lindsey and Stevie, to the detriment of all other eras of the band. My opinion. You don't have to like it, but it's mine.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No. Started as a Lindsey/Stevie fan, then became a Peter/Blues era fan and an overall, every era fan and have come back to the Blues era again. That is, without doubt, my favourite era of FM.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick, John, Peter, Rick, Christine, Lindsey, Stevie, and Billy.

You wish for the future of the Mac: That they will record a new CD and tour one more time. After that, I think the band should call it a career and Mick should devote himself full time to the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band featuring Rick Vito and put his efforts into getting John to sign on there as well (no slight to Lenny Castellanos intended, he's awesome!), and perhaps persuading Peter to sit in with them now and again on shows in the UK/Europe. Rick's got the chops to play the Peter material, the Jeremy stuff and Danny's as well. He's also got more than enough talent to support that band with original material of his own. It would bring FM full circle.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 46

When you became a fan: 1977

How you became a fan: I heard Dreams on AM radio and fell in love with that voice, and the minor chords. I got Rumours and looked on the back of the album and thought they had the names wrong (Stevie a woman? Lindsey a man? .

First 3 FM songs: I'm guessing that the first ones I heard were when Rumours came out, so Dreams, Go Your Own Way, and Don't Stop or You Make Loving Fun.

First FM vocalist: Stevie or Lindsey or Christine, depending on my mood.

Favorite FM Time Period: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: See above

Concerts you've attended:Hmm, I guess I'm lucky. I'm not a kid, and I live in the Bay Area, all of which means ample opportunity to see them live.
Fleetwood Mac--11 times ( I think)
Stevie solo--12 times ( I think)
Lindsey solo--5 times

FM stuff you own: some faves--The Bella Donna piano sheet music book, a VERY THREADBARE purple T shirt from the Bella Donna/White Wingeed Dove tour, which I wear only to Mac/Stevie shows now, My wild heart matted poster, some old vintage posters (though not in good condition anymore ) and Lindsey's autograph made out to me (my high school buddy worked at a restaurant where Lindsey used to come and he got it for me , the old White Winged Dove tour HBO video (now if I could get my new TV to play VHS...), the Almanac (not sure what the official unofficial name is) bootleg, the Las Vegas Sin City 1977 bootleg (my very favorite version of Rhiannon ever, by far), the Tusk piano sheet music book, the Rumours piano sheet music book with a picture of Stevie playing (or at least holding) an acoustic guitar in concert, my Australian CD boot of Buckingham/Nicks with great sound and the single version of Crying in the Night. And my memory of winning 3rd row center tickets to one of the Dance shows, and taking my friend Lisa, who was expecting to sit in the lawn, and watching her face as we walked into the seats, down, down, down, to almost the stage

Favorite thing about FM: The blend of totally different songwriters into one band, and the harmonies, and the chemistry that they all have/had.

Least favorite thing about FM: The lack of variety in their set lists for live shows. And I was hugely disappointed in the reissues of Tusk and Fleetwood Mac. The "demos" on the Tusk CD sounded so much like the released versions. I really wanted to hear stripped down versions. That reissue, to me, felt like a big rip off.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Time makes you bolder, right?

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie and Christine and Lindsey all together. I really miss Christine.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I would love them to do a very unproduced, or at least un produced sounding CD. With Christine, even if they don't tour behind it. I know it will never happen, but that's my wish.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Men of the Mac – Linds, John and Mick. Would love to see Chris back with the Rumours lineup too.
Funny that you say that. I have often wondered if they'd tour without Stevie if she decided she didn't wanna do it. They seem to love playing together. Obviously I know that they wouldn't... attendance would be dismal. All the sheep come to see Stevie twirl around and bang a tambourine. I realize that comment was a bit overboard, but you get my point. The band is more than just her. The 3 men of the Mac are a tight unit. Top notch musically.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Neat idea!

Age Range: 23

When you became a fan: late 2009

How you became a fan: Bought Rumours on a whim

First 3 FM songs: First three faves? Songbird, The Chain, and Gold Dust Woman.

First FM vocalist: I guess Stevie. Very unique voice, I remember thinking that when I first heard Dreams.

Favorite FM Time Period: Oh man, this is tough. I'll just list my favorite three albums representing different eras; Tusk, Then Play On & Bare Trees

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 20% Peter, 20% Danny, 20% Stevie, 20% Christine, & 20% Lindsey . The others I appreciate to a degree, just don't really strike a chord with me like those five. For solo stuff, I guess I do like Lindsey's most overall, but Bella Donna is my favorite solo album of any Mac member. Love Danny Kirwan's first two albums, and love the Christine Perfect album, but not so much her last two. Haven't gotten my hands on Peter's yet. Glad you didn't ask for breakdown of musicians or song-writers, that'd be even harder to answer.

Concerts you've attended:
0 ;__;

FM stuff you own:
All the albums from Dog & Dustbin to SYW, and some Dvds (bootleg Tusk Doc & Mirage concert, The Dance, Live in Boston)

Favorite thing about FM: All the different eras and the amazing music along the way. Hard to get tired of FM when you can hop around their discography and be blown away all over again.

Least favorite thing about FM: The current line-up's lack of direction and output.

Are you the same fan you were when you started:
No, I know way more than I used to (or need to ) about the band. When I first heard Rumours I assumed Silver Springs was always on the record. Then I bought the vinyl and was very confused, so I started researching the band and that led me to this board.. and this board led me to everything else FM-related, honestly. Don't contribute much, but I appreciate all the discussion. Kudos and keep it up!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:
Peter, Danny, Lindsey, Christine, Stevie, Mick, & good ol' John. It would be insane.

Your wish for the future of the Mac:
New music.

Last edited by Fiver; 04-11-2011 at 09:05 AM..
Old 01-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Funny that you say that. I have often wondered if they'd tour without Stevie if she decided she didn't wanna do it. They seem to love playing together. Obviously I know that they wouldn't... attendance would be dismal. All the sheep come to see Stevie twirl around and bang a tambourine. I realize that comment was a bit overboard, but you get my point. The band is more than just her. The 3 men of the Mac are a tight unit. Top notch musically.
yeah, i was happy to see at least 4 people in this thread proposing the men of mac lineup as a core dream team (EDIT: possibily 6 people actually, plus optionally adding some different members here and there). i also liked somebody's listing of members from their favorite era as a dream lineup - i didn't think of that! but would def be interesting to imagine how adding peter green from late 60s to certain eras of the current men of mac lineup would pan out.

Last edited by elle; 01-08-2011 at 10:52 AM..
Old 01-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Another lurker shows up

Age Range: 16

When you became a fan: Spring 2008

How you became a fan: Coincidentally listened to Daddy's copy of Rumours

First 3 FM songs: Well, the first 3 I was aware of were Second Hand News, Dreams and Never Going Back Again but I remember having heard songs like Little Lies, Go Your Own Way and Gypsy before and even liking them without checking out the band

First FM vocalist: Stevie. She enchanted me.

Favorite FM Time Period: At the moment 70-75 but I love all other eras as well

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Christine 40%, Lindsey 20%, Stevie 20%, Bob Welch 10%, Peter/Danny 10%

Concerts you've attended: 1 Unleashed Show

FM stuff you own: CDs released between 70 & 89, Rumours on vinyl, Unleashed Tour poster & Tshirt, Micks book

Favorite thing about FM: Hard to explain, they have something very unique about them that still gets me hooked. Something that I haven't found in any other band/artist.

Least favorite thing about FM: Current situation...

Are you the same fan you were when you started: No, the first 12+ months of me being a fan my life consisted of Fleetwood Mac. That's changed and also I'm not so Stevie focused anymore. However, they're still a huge part of my life and of who I am (even if it sounds stupid) and I wouldn't want to live without them.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick, John, Christine, Peter

Your wish for the future of the Mac: That there will be a future...
Old 01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
They really do, and I have no doubt that Mick, especially, would go for it! I totally agree with you on that last part (LOL) but there's no denyin' Stevie's the big draw at arena shows. Still, the guys could do really well in smaller clubs, and I'd rather see them in that type of setting anyways
Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David;931954 [B
Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen[/B]
A 1968 Peter with a 1970 Danny with a 1974 Bob Welch with a 1979 Christine with a 1978 Stevie with a 1980 Lindsey with a 1979 John with a 1980 Mick.
It sounds like you're describing classic cars but, actually you're probably the first to answer the question the way it was intended...and it would be cool
Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: FM have been there all the way through my life because my Momma is a huge fan. She gave me her Tango CD early last year and it snowballed from there.

How you became a fan: Listening to said Tango CD and it was Caroline and TITN that really grabbed my attention before I realised that I new so many of the songs already.

First 3 FM songs: TITN, Everywhere, Mystified

First FM vocalist: Christine McVie

Favorite FM Time Period: '69 through '74 but my favourite years are definitely '72, '73 & '74.

Concerts you've attended: None, and I don't intend to, unless it's Men Of The Mac

FM stuff you own: Oh god. Tons of Records (I think I've nearly got the lot) CD's, posters, shirts etc.

Favorite thing about FM: Christine

Least favorite thing about FM: The effect certain members have on certain fans (myself included)

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Kinda. I went through about 3 months of mildly-hardcore Stevie fandom, got bored and went straight back to where I started with Christine.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: John, Mick, Peter, Bob Welch, Jeremy, Christine and Danny.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I don't really have one, considering I know and appreciate that Christine is well and truly out of the picture. I'd love for Mick & John to make another Blues album, though. And of course for them all to live well and comfortably.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 01-09-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just thought I would bump this thread in case anybody missed it last month and for some of the newer Ledgies.