Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

My theories are that this is just a cash grab. I don't like the sounds of this tour which has nostalgia written all over it. Ticket prices will be in the 250- 399 range I bet. Still I have to admit this has me very excited !!!. I love both bands and never thought this would ever happen. If it does I will go to at least one show.

Matt
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, so axe: I Know I'm Not Wrong, Go Insane, Sara, Storms, SYLM, and Oh Well....theres your set for next summer. But you'll probably pay twice the $$$ for the tickets.

This sucks, I hope and pray it doesn't happen.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya right $400 dollar tickets coming our way.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok a few minutes after my initial post, I'm still seriously bumming. Like, really? This must have been the "something special" Mick was referring to when talking to fans. Don't they understand that not everyone has millions of dollars like them to spend on concerts? If this really gets going, I hope Lindsey leaves and does solo albums. Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but I want new music soooooooo bad!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Ok a few minutes after my initial post, I'm still seriously bumming. Like, really? This must have been the "something special" Mick was referring to when talking to fans. Don't they understand that not everyone has millions of dollars like them to spend on concerts? If this really gets going, I hope Lindsey leaves and does solo albums. Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, but I want new music soooooooo bad!
I think they think the baby boomers are loaded.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77 View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Luke you just may have to eat your own words.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Luke you just may have to eat your own words.
I'll do that in due time. Pollstar referencing an article posted by the same organization who manage FM/Eagles is HARDLY validation to anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
It was pretty much confirmed to us today, but no details were offered. I'm sure those will come in due time.
Pardon me? Where was it confirmed? Regurgitation of the original "news release" on other sites isn't confirmation.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! At least the Eagles put out that new album a couple years back!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is bad, very very bad! Either get into the studio or split up! It's that simple!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing I noticed is signifigantly more animosity towards Fleetwood Mac from fans on the Eagles board than there is towards the Eagles here. I find that to be dissapointing. Am I more partial towards FM? Absolutely. But I have seen the Eagles 4 times and for the most part enjoyed myself with the notable exception of watching Glenn Frey "attempt" to still sing You Belong To The City. While I understand there is a natural rivalry between the bands since they were/are competing within the same genre of music, were not talking Red Sox/Yankees here! Cant we all just get along?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was confirmed to us personally by a contact we have with the band.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Pardon me? Where was it confirmed? Regurgitation of the original "news release" on other sites isn't confirmation.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

David--

I've seen Fleetwood Mac one time. It was okay. I enjoyed LB's guitar playing. Granted, my seats sucked, but I wouldn't rank the show as one of my favorites.

I don't think the animosity is toward FM per se...but toward the fact that the bill will be split. Over the last few years, the Eagles setlist has become a "greatest hits" collection with the new songs slowly being removed from the setlist and even the acoustic set (with some of the standout performances of the evening) being cut for time.

Having to share the bill with anyone will create even more cuts and reduce the chance of anything interesting happening.

Do FM fans think that their set will be anything more than the Greatest Hits as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
One thing I noticed is signifigantly more animosity towards Fleetwood Mac from fans on the Eagles board than there is towards the Eagles here. I find that to be dissapointing. Am I more partial towards FM? Absolutely. But I have seen the Eagles 4 times and for the most part enjoyed myself with the notable exception of watching Glenn Frey "attempt" to still sing You Belong To The City. While I understand there is a natural rivalry between the bands since they were/are competing within the same genre of music, were not talking Red Sox/Yankees here! Cant we all just get along?